Craig bellamy puts pen to paper - All views here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby neil » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:03 am

Rafa Benitez appears to have improved most players at the club and he's shipped the ones beyond hope out, Bellamy is already a very good player-there is no question about that-if Rafa can inturn  improve this kid, well, is'nt this cause for optimism?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:32 am

peewee wrote:"The fact that it was Liverpool made it impossible for me to turn them down.

"As I'm a fan, it doesn't matter what club I was at. I could never turn Liverpool down."

:;):

That's what Harry Kewell said!
:laugh:

I think the jury has to be out until he's played at least half a season.  I trust Rafa's judgment above my own.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby davo_LFC » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:54 am

This is bellamy's big chance, its the biggest club he has ever played for and this will be his last chance to hit the big time and win trophies. I seriously doubt that he'd fu.ck it up by being a kunt off the field, surely he will know that it wont be tolerated by the club or rafa so i think he will be on his best behaviour.

He has the much needed pace that we have been lacking all season, and unlike cisse he knows how to use his pace. His movement is excellent and his finishing has improved alot,he can only get better playing with the likes of stevie and xabi. I think he will prove to be a steal at 6mil.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:12 pm

It's 6 million. At the very worst we'd ship him off for 5 if he had the worst games EVER, but he is aproven goalscorer and I personally think he is exactly what we need.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC_fan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:52 pm

well, at least our captain thinks that bellamy is a class player.

from the official site :

STEVIE THRILLED WITH BELLAMY SIGNING

Steven Gerrard today reacted to the news of Craig Bellamy's arrival at Anfield and insisted: "He's a great signing for the club." 
The Liverpool skipper admits he is excited by the capture of the Welsh international and can't wait to welcome him into the Melwood dressing room when pre-season gets underway next month.

"When all the Liverpool lads out here in Germany heard the deal had gone through, all of us were really happy," said Gerrard.

"With Djibril Cisse suffering that bad injury, everyone can see we're a bit short up front. To bring in a player of Craig's strength and pace, with a good goalscoring record, is great news.

"I was made up when we were first linked with Craig Bellamy, because I've always thought he was a top quality player.

"I've never met him other than during a match, but I've had a few arguments with him on the pitch a few times.

"But that's something I like about him. It doesn't do anyone any harm to have what you might call a bit of a nasty streak, in a good way.

"We all know he's got a bit of character about him, and the one thing everyone can see is he's got a real winning mentality and determination to be successful.

"That's something you've got to have to play for Liverpool."

He added: "As captain, I'll be doing everything I can to make Craig feel at home and settle in quickly.

"You can tell a lot about a player from his body language. It's obvious he's a player who can't stand losing.

"Maybe there are certain players who opposing fans love to hate and he comes into that category, but usually that means they're loved even more by their own fans.

"The most important thing about him is he is a class player. He's also the kind of big name signing who shows our intentions."
LFC_fan

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:59 pm

Don't like Bellamy the man but Bellamy the player gets my grudging respect , now he's a Red he'll also receive my grudging support . Hopefully (as others have said) Rafa and the lads at LFC will have a positive effect on Bellamy and he will lose his negative/disruptive  attitude .
Last edited by woof woof ! on Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby EddieC » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:01 pm

LFC_fan wrote:"With Djibril Cisse suffering that bad injury, everyone can see we're a bit short up front. To bring in a player of Craig's strength and pace, with a good goalscoring record, is great news.

Short up front? We sold Crouch then?  :D
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC_fan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:03 pm

EddieC wrote:
LFC_fan wrote:"With Djibril Cisse suffering that bad injury, everyone can see we're a bit short up front. To bring in a player of Craig's strength and pace, with a good goalscoring record, is great news.

Short up front? We sold Crouch then?  :D

i wanted to post the exact same thing, but i refrained myself.  :D
LFC_fan

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:16 pm

Any comparisons to cisse are garbage.

Unlike Cisse, Bellamy has a fantastic workrate up front, he will be by far our most hard-working striker next season.
Unlike Cisse, Bellamy has good movement off the ball, he knows how to use his pace.
Unlike Cisse, Bellamy is a good finsiher, he doesn't just blast the ball he can finish well with both feet and is composed in front of goal.
Unlike Cisse, Bellamy isn't overaeted and didn't cost 14 million!

However, like Cisse he does have injury problems and his discipline is a little suspect.

For me the positives far outweigh the negatives, and tbh I think Bellamy realises he has got his dream move and won't want to fuk it up. This is chance to be a good footballer at a top club.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:17 pm

Bellamy has a new wife and 2 sons, surely now that he has these responsabilities will refrain him from getting up to no good. I like the fact that he has a bit of fire in his belly, all the better for us i reckon. He is a winner and thats the type of players rafa goes for.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:17 pm

I will reserve judgememt on Bellamy and trust Rafa on this one.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:24 pm

I'm all for giving him a chance, at £6m he's never going to be plagued by the price tag and if he fails he's not cost an arm and a leg by today's prices. I'm not convinced he's the best we could have got, he may get the goals a top bracket striker would but only time will tell. Signs are looking good already after one of the best wins to games ratio last season and a successive season with a cup we've gone out and bought one relatively high profile striker and from what I hear are near to signing Daniel Alves
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:27 pm

neil wrote:Rafa Benitez appears to have improved most players at the club and he's shipped the ones beyond hope out, Bellamy is already a very good player-there is no question about that-if Rafa can inturn  improve this kid, well, is'nt this cause for optimism?

Bellamy will improve as he will be playing on a higher level, he'll be playing Champions League football and mixing it up with Europe's finest, he'll improve alright and he'll improve our attacking force.
48-1119859832

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:49 pm

One thing I would say, with respect to Newcastle, none of their recent coaches have had the authority or grip on the club that Rafa enjoys with us. Neither did they enjoy the strength of squad to allow a player of Bellamy's potential to be discarded should he prove a distraction.

Benitez is a cool, even cold customer and as such won't hesitate to isolate and remove Bellamy should he prove disruptive. He'd have the full support of the board should he choose to do so, and I'd guess the fans as well.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:09 pm

made up with this signing, probably he's not there amongst players being at our wildest expectation, but some things for sure are;
1. he's not a skilfully bad player at all
2. he's still 26, means there are still plenty of unexplored areas
3. he's under the best-capable manager to deal with player edge-cutting
4. he's a player with styles that we are lack of

and i'm sure we can expect for more positive things   
:cool:
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion