The craig bellamy to west ham rumour.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:45 pm

9 million

i was shocked when i saw that, hes been average for us and it would be amazing if we actually made a great profit on him.

Can it happen? i hope so

Bellamy is a good player dont get me wrong, but isnt a top 4 side player.....

i would sell for 9 million for sure.

what you reckon?
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:56 pm

would prefer bellamy and cash for tevez
JoeTerp

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:04 pm

yeah defo

we can hope thats the kinda dealing they trying to get
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:07 pm

JoeTerp wrote:would prefer bellamy and cash for tevez

If Tevez is owned by MSI it is not posssible to do that type of deal.
LFC2007

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:44 pm

Bellamy and ten million, in exchange for Tevez.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:57 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Bellamy and ten million, in exchange for Tevez.

i would love that deal mate...   but...
there isn't  a chance in hell we would get tevez for bellemy and 10 million... 

it would be nearer 20 million and bellemy... 

fecking pirates   :pirate
Last edited by matrix on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:59 pm

Sometimes when you move players on you kind of get that uneasy feeling that the decision may come back to haunt you. Sometimes of course, you don't. Now Cisse, Zenden and Gonzales would certainly fall into the latter category for me, as my opinion is that they quite simply aren't ever going to be good enough to play at the very top level. On the question of Bellamy however, I'm not so sure.

I have a hunch that the (admittedly annoying) little Welshman is capable of a good deal better than he has shown in a red shirt, and that the combination of a slow start to the season which damaged his confidence and then being constantly rotated meant that he never got going at all. 9 million, while representing a solid return on our initial investment might still look like a bit of a steal in a years time, as with the imminent arrival of Voronin and the preservation of Kuyt and Crouch we would still lack pace up top, even if we were to sign a megastar forward. I hope I'm wrong here but if any one of Tevez/Eto/Henri/Torres/Trezuguet does come, and gets injured in the first few weeks of the season we may be living to regret the sale of Bellamy when we are struggling to break teams down with a fairly pedestrian front pairing.

If we had our time again, I would have kept Bellamy and forgot about Voronin.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:13 pm

bigmick wrote:Sometimes when you move players on you kind of get that uneasy feeling that the decision may come back to haunt you. Sometimes of course, you don't. Now Cisse, Zenden and Gonzales would certainly fall into the latter category for me, as my opinion is that they quite simply aren't ever going to be good enough to play at the very top level. On the question of Bellamy however, I'm not so sure.

I have a hunch that the (admittedly annoying) little Welshman is capable of a good deal better than he has shown in a red shirt, and that the combination of a slow start to the season which damaged his confidence and then being constantly rotated meant that he never got going at all. 9 million, while representing a solid return on our initial investment might still look like a bit of a steal in a years time, as with the imminent arrival of Voronin and the preservation of Kuyt and Crouch we would still lack pace up top, even if we were to sign a megastar forward. I hope I'm wrong here but if any one of Tevez/Eto/Henri/Torres/Trezuguet does come, and gets injured in the first few weeks of the season we may be living to regret the sale of Bellamy when we are struggling to break teams down with a fairly pedestrian front pairing.

If we had our time again, I would have kept Bellamy and forgot about Voronin.

good post mate, however it,"s all about attitude for me
& bellamy "s has to be questioned,if raffa still believed in him
why didn"t he get more games towards the end of the season?
i do think bellamy is a good player & could come good for us ,but has raffa lost patience & belief in him already.
on the matter of tevez am i in the minority that i can"t
see what all the fuss is about, if raffa has serious money
to spend i would look at better players than him
ie-i think berbatov has impressed me far more than tevez
has & as long as we got a decent fee for bellamy
i for one would be tempted to part with him.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:26 pm

I can't really comment too much on Tevez mate as I fecked off from the UK towards the end of December last year and saw very little football after that for about three and a half months. At the point I left, I was very underwhelmed by him (and Berbatov who started very slowly come to that) but I am led to believe that they both came very much into form as the season went on. My old man, a Londoner who has relocated oop North and a full-on Tottenham supporter (bless him) can't stop talking about Berbatov. Now in typical Tottenham fickle fashion he was advocating getting rid before I left (luxury player, homer, not suited to English football etc etc) but now he loves the bloke. Just shows you what a good half season can do for a player.

I've said a couple of times that given a clear run at all the reported targets, I'd personally go for Samuel Eto. I think from what I've seen he's an absolutely fantastic player, and although he's unproven obviously over here, like Drogba before him the performances he has consistently put in against English opposition in Europe suggests to me that he would hack it in the Prem. I never jumped on the "Drogba is sh!te" bandwagon in his difficult first season, because I remembered how he beat us and the Barcodes on his own in the UEFA Cup. Eto has given Terry and Carvallo absolute handfulls of bother each time he has played agaisnt them, and that'll do for me.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:41 pm

some good point"s mate, please give me an honest opinion on bellamy"s attitude
as i still think it has to be in question, as much as i think he is a good player it
really fecks me off, when a player like him signs & says "this is a dream for me
i"m playing for the club have supported as a boy, i love this club etc
then doesn"t give it his all! when picked- or am i being unfair.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:54 pm

Bellamy's attitude is always going to be a factor, quite simply because he is a nasty little piece of work (or so it appears anyway). That said, he wouldn't be the first footballer who with good management has harnessed his snarling aggression and general lack of social skills into making himself a better player than his raw talent would allow. Roy Keanne, along with Gerrard and Vierra probably one of the best midfielders to grace the Premiership wouldn't have been blessed with anything like the natural talent, or pure athletic ability of the other two but by sheer passion, horribleness and desire made himself at least their equal.

FWIW I actually think that Bellamy's attitude in the games he played was OK. He ran his balls off in the games in which I watched him, although there were a couple of technical reasons I think why he was less effective than he can be, chief of which was the (probably at the request of the management) tendency to play almost as a winger instead of as a real striker. I can remember quite clearly as well games at the start of the season when he was trying to steer the ball into the net rather than just doing what came naturally and putting his foot through it. He had one absolutely glaring miss in the first few games which seemed to totally sap his confidence.

At the end of the day Hayesy, based purely on what he has done in his first season you'd definately take the money and run. I reckon though if he is played centrally and regularly, and he gets his confidence up he will be a regular scorer. I know he hasn't done it previously but I think he has the attributes to be a 20 goals a season man. There, now thats what you call sticking your neck out.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:55 pm

So give MSI £10m and Bellamy?  ???

Doesn't make sense.
LFC2007

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:23 pm

TBH I can't see Bellamy still being here next season unless Rafa makes one or two unusual decisions this summer.
a). Decides/fails to capture a recognised prolific goalscorer.
b). Decides to go with 5 strikers in the squad:-
KUYT, CROUCH, BELLAMY, VORONIN & ??

In my honest opinion Bellamy has been skating on some pretty damn thin ice in red hot skates ever since the golf club incident. Seeing how little he was used after that incident has had me wondering whether Rafa has decided that he doesn't want the risk of Bellamy upsetting the apple cart at inopportune moments in the future.

I'm starting to also wonder whether Voronin is still going to figure in Rafa's plans. IIRC he was signed before the takeover was completed and I do wonder if Rafa had decided to sign him up to bolster the squad and to save some funds that may have been needed elsewhere in the team come this summer. It's a wild thought I know but I bet one or two others on here have had the thought cross their minds as well.

On the whole I'd say £9m-£10m for Bellamy would represent good business especially considering the fisting the club has taken on most of Houlliers transfers in the past couple of years.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:56 pm

bigmick wrote:Bellamy's attitude is always going to be a factor, quite simply because he is a nasty little piece of work (or so it appears anyway). That said, he wouldn't be the first footballer who with good management has harnessed his snarling aggression and general lack of social skills into making himself a better player than his raw talent would allow. Roy Keanne, along with Gerrard and Vierra probably one of the best midfielders to grace the Premiership wouldn't have been blessed with anything like the natural talent, or pure athletic ability of the other two but by sheer passion, horribleness and desire made himself at least their equal.

FWIW I actually think that Bellamy's attitude in the games he played was OK. He ran his balls off in the games in which I watched him, although there were a couple of technical reasons I think why he was less effective than he can be, chief of which was the (probably at the request of the management) tendency to play almost as a winger instead of as a real striker. I can remember quite clearly as well games at the start of the season when he was trying to steer the ball into the net rather than just doing what came naturally and putting his foot through it. He had one absolutely glaring miss in the first few games which seemed to totally sap his confidence.

At the end of the day Hayesy, based purely on what he has done in his first season you'd definately take the money and run. I reckon though if he is played centrally and regularly, and he gets his confidence up he will be a regular scorer. I know he hasn't done it previously but I think he has the attributes to be a 20 goals a season man. There, now thats what you call sticking your neck out.

again you have made some good points mate,however
i still believe that if a player is good enough (which i still
think bellamy is) he can play well where ever he is played!
for me it"s all about mindset, come on mate let"s face it
you would think that if it was his boyhood dream to play
for us he would run his fecking :censored: off regardless if
he was playing well or not,or even if he"d missed a great
chance in front of goal,all great strikers i have seen over
the years for this great club of ours have put themselves in
the positions to miss them in the first place & then
kept themselves going & put themselves in those posistions
to keep going untill they score, & that is why i question bellamy"s attitude, does he really really want to do it enough
for us, or does he think - when i"m under pressure, feck it
i won"t bother, fair or un fair
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:59 pm

LFC2007 wrote:

So give MSI £10m and Bellamy?  ???

Doesn't make sense.

Exactly.
Any deal involving tevez is a pure cash offer. if we did bellamy plus cash then west ham would then have to pay msi whatever the difference was.

its gonna be 15-25 million for tevez, any bellamy deal would have to be a seperate entity
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion