Craig bellamy - The reason

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby taff » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:12 pm

Just a different point of view here.  I know Bellamys rep and it is deserved but since he was a kid he has wanted the big time.  Now at Newcastle the club underachieves and was dominated by Shearer in fact blinded by Shearer.  Great player but what trophies have they got.

Bellamy gets frustrated as he wanted Newcastle to win things and get better players in.  What have they won with their old boys club.  Also, Shearer rated him as his best partner, unselfish workrate and will run all day but Bellamy was never going to be a Geordie old boy.  Terry Macs statement is in defence of his employers and Bellamy obviously doesnt see eye to eye with him.

Whatever your view of him he will run all day for Liverpool and has kept his mouth shut with rumours starting to circulate about him
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:23 pm

taff wrote:Just a different point of view here.  I know Bellamys rep and it is deserved but since he was a kid he has wanted the big time.  Now at Newcastle the club underachieves and was dominated by Shearer in fact blinded by Shearer.  Great player but what trophies have they got.

Bellamy gets frustrated as he wanted Newcastle to win things and get better players in.  What have they won with their old boys club.  Also, Shearer rated him as his best partner, unselfish workrate and will run all day but Bellamy was never going to be a Geordie old boy.  Terry Macs statement is in defence of his employers and Bellamy obviously doesnt see eye to eye with him.

Whatever your view of him he will run all day for Liverpool and has kept his mouth shut with rumours starting to circulate about him

because of Bellamy's history, there are a LOT of people are only too willing to start rumours to unsettle him.  But, Rafa has publicly said that what is in the past stays in the past....its what he does here and now which matters.  That's good enough for me.

As for Mary Poppins, he'll never admit that his ego casued massive amounds of damege to newcastle.  From what i can judge, Bellamy followed Sherear's example (of undermining mangement and players) and got a totally difference reaction.

Sherear slags off his manager and he gets them the sack.  Bellamy does the same, he gets the boot.  To be honest...most newcastle fans would have Bellamy back in a heartbeat.
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:16 pm

stmichael wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Terry Mac Dermott on Bellamy after the tunnel bustup.

McDermott said:[b] 'I was talking to the referee. It had nothing to do with anyone else and I take exception to little upstarts like him.

that's the first time anyone has used the word "upstart" since 1879. :D

I wondered why id never heard off it before.  :D

As for Bellamy if what ive read is true I think Bellamy was right to have a word with McDermot,.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:06 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
stmichael wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Terry Mac Dermott on Bellamy after the tunnel bustup.

McDermott said:[b] 'I was talking to the referee. It had nothing to do with anyone else and I take exception to little upstarts like him.

that's the first time anyone has used the word "upstart" since 1879. :D

I wondered why id never heard off it before.  :D

As for Bellamy if what ive read is true I think Bellamy was right to have a word with McDermot,.

Why what have you read ? ???

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:26 pm

Basically Mcdermott said a lot of things about Bellamy when he went to Celtic, Bellamy still had family in Newcastle at the time and they got a load of grief off Newcastle fans, Bellamy has said he wouldnt forgive him for what happened to his family after that and when Mcdermott went to shake his hand he knocked it back and had a word, well within his right to do so as well.

Everybody is trying to get on Bellamys back and fair play to him he hasnt let us down once, but i know there will be sh!tloads of reds fans who will be ready to go "I told you so" the minute he does, which in my opinion is totally out of order, hes being targeted at the moment and its harsh on the lad whos here to make a name for himself and as Liverpool Supporters we should always support him.

Look at him on Wednesday, 2 nil up in injury time chasing balls into corners till the final whistle, hes working as hard as anyone and he will start getting the breaks he deserves soon, hopefully they come tomorrow.

Anyone ready to jump on his back as soon as he steps out of line or reacts to the Sh!t he gets is no better than the people giving him grief, just let him get on with his game.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby scouser 'til I die » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:19 pm

ey if it wasnt for his remarks on the pitch, his reactions from refs decisions, his attitude in general, the game would b a bit duller, i always have a smile everytime he goes a lil wild after a juvious offside decision, and with his attitude it will bring us goals, time will tell!

funny guy  :laugh:

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:27 pm

Terrible miss on Saturday, but Gonzalez got him out of jail. Time to give RF his chance!
Last edited by alessandromagno on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:39 am

from bbc

Craig Bellamy believes Newcastle are bitter that he has ended up at Liverpool following his acrimonious exit from the Magpies to Blackburn.

Bellamy was called a "little upstart" by Newcastle coach Terry McDermott after the pair clashed following Liverpool's 2-0 win over the Magpies.

"There was always going to be something from Newcastle but it doesn't bother me. Not at all," said striker Bellamy.

"I was half expecting something because my being at Liverpool is hurting them."

He added: "This is the club I have always wanted to play for and maybe there are people who are not too happy about that.

"I'm sure there are people there (at Newcastle) who don't want me to succeed here, because it reminds them every time.

"It was a ridiculously cheap fee I went to Blackburn for, it's not nice for me to be remembered for that.

"What was it, about £3.75m? That hurts. I know that but that is the game we play."

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez had defended Bellamy after McDermott's outburst.

McDermott said: "Everywhere he has been he has been in bother and it is starting again at Liverpool."

But Benitez responded: "Never mind Craig's history, his conduct since joining us has been perfect for me."

McDermott sparked the row when he revealed how Bellamy interrupted a conversation with referee Mark Halsey after the final whistle.

He said: "I was talking to the referee. It had nothing to do with anyone else and I take exception to little upstarts like him.

"I do not like it when people like to think they are bigger than clubs. When he was at Newcastle, he thought he was a big cheese.

"There was no need for it at all and he was 100 per cent out of order."

But Benitez launched a passionate defence of the Welsh international he signed from Blackburn in a £6m summer deal.

He said: "You have to analyse what he does on the pitch, and all I saw on Wednesday was a player closing down defenders in the last minute to protect our lead.

"Off the pitch, I promise you he is really focused on doing his best for us. I spoke to him about his background before he signed for us, and I could tell he sensed this might be his last opportunity at a big club.

"He wants to make the most of it and that shines through in every training session.

"Craig has a good relationship with his team-mates too. He has no problems with anyone and has settled in really well.

"He is desperate to do well for Liverpool and you cannot say anything about him. Maybe there are issues with Newcastle from his time there, but it was nothing serious."

doesnt look to me like there are any problems
112-1077774096

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:00 am

Problems no but Bellamy would be wise to keep his own council on such matters. If he must comment, a "there was nothing in it to be honest, it's been blown out of proportion" etc etc would have been more than sufficient. Also, the fee which Newcastle chose to accept for the transfer of his playing registration is absolutely nothing to do with him so he ought not to get into that subject either.

He just needs to settle down. I disagree with the earlier poster who advocated moving him aside to give Robbie a game. I would move Kuyt aside for the European game and bring in Crouch, but I would stick with Bellamy as he needs a goal. His play other than that is good but he definately doesn't need distractions such as this. If terry Mac wants to call him a little upstart (and let's face it as insults go it's hardly one that's going to destroy him) then that's his privilage. Just because somebody sticks a microphone under your nose it doesn't mean you ahve to say something.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:46 am

1)  Bellamy doesn't need a rest IMO , I think he just needs a goal. He like most strikers need confidence in their game, and his seems to have deserted him at the moment. I think Bigmick said in another post how, he is trying to hard to score and I agree with that.
Once he gets one I expect a couple will follow, Bellamy is a goal-scorer and if I was Rafa Benitez, then I would keep playing him till he breaks this down, alas I am not Rafa Benitez.(Although I have a sneaking suspicion Sabre is    )

2) You look after your own at Liverpool, and Rafa's not bothered about what has happened with Terry and neither am I. All we have heard is Terry's side of the story, and to be honest, from what he says I think he was treating Bellamy like a bit of a ****, when he was putting his arm around him - how annoying would that be.
Craig is our player and I am very happy with him, he also argued with Souness at Newcastle, and although Souness was not the greatest manager for Liverpool , he was a brilliant player and will always get my respect. Don't judge Craig on one sided views.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Blue_Heart » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:44 am

Sorry but bellamy is the only player from liverpool i don't like!
Blue_Heart

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:12 pm

Blue_Heart wrote:Sorry but bellamy is the only player from liverpool i don't like!

i'm sure Craig will not lose any sleep over that  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:23 pm

Not necessary to like him if he's doing the biz on the field.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby totallfc » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:02 pm

i reckon he is going to do well for us he is a classy player:)
totallfc

Postby Blue_Heart » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:59 am

7_Kewell wrote:
Blue_Heart wrote:Sorry but bellamy is the only player from liverpool i don't like!

i'm sure Craig will not lose any sleep over that  :D

he sure will, i can tell his future  :D  :laugh:
Blue_Heart

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion