The craig bellamy to west ham rumour.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:36 pm

Simari wrote:This raises a couple of questions/issues:

(a) Short of anyone coming in with a £40m buyout bid for Tevez, does this mean that, should MSI decide to sell their ownership of him for anything less than that (say £30m), will this decision automatically result in the cancellation of the *loan* agreement with West Ham?

As an example, if MSI decide to cash out on Tevez in Jan 2008 for £30m - dead bang in the middle of the EPL season, and assuming that Tevez has become an integral part of the team, neither West Ham nor Tevez (or any other club that might have *loaned* him) will have any say in this, since Tevez is basically an investment vehicle for MSI.

In the case of the buy-out clause, if a club were to approach MSi with a £40m bid in Jan 2008, what is in place to prevent MSI from automatically accepting the offer? Can Tevez contractually decline the approach? (I am aware that several world-class players in europe have buy-out clauses, but the ££ figures are astronomically high, such that, should the buy-out clause be met - it would be a no brainer to sell. In my opinion, within the next couple of years, Tevez at £40m buy-out will start looking like a bargain)

(b) It may happen in Europe, but it is difficult to see how elite clubs would want to go ahead with these types of *loan* contracts for players that will become integral to their teams. This raises an issue with Mascherano, in that, unless MSI have contractually agreed with Liverpool, not to sell Mascherano before the 18 month loan period expires - we are at the mercy of both MSI and Masch should they decide to accept a buy-out bid, or for that matter any bid, for him during any of the transfer windows?

Youi raised some good points, and a lot of them depend on the finer details of the contracts.

a) If an offer less than the buy out clause came in and it was an offer MSI were willing to accept, then I would presume that they could accept it. Using the example in your post, given West Ham have an agreement for three years with MSI and hold his registration it is the club who decides during that duration who holds his registration i.e. where he plays. A club could come in with an acceptable offer and they would then own him, but they would have to unilaterally break the contract with West Ham which could result in all sorts of litigation. We don't know the finer details of the agreement, but there is probably a clause that stipulats if MSI receive a bid above a certain amount then MSI can terminate the loan agreement with West Ham. This may not necessarily be the £40m release clause, that clause is an unconditional buy out clause. If a bid of £30m came in then there may be an agreement with West Ham that bids above this figure enable the new owner to terminate the loan agreement with the consent of the player. Buy out clauses in Spain are mandatory, so for the most valuable players they are astranomical figures. Joorabchian made it clear in the daily mail article that it is the player and the club who determine where he will play, so yes the player is likely to have some kind of veto in terms of the contractual agreement.

b) I am sure that Rafa and the clubs hierarchy sought assurances that Mascherano will stay at Liverpool for the time stated i.e. 18 months. If a buy out bid came in for MSI's re-sale rights then the contract between the new owner and Liverpool is the same - they would have to agree to terminate the contract with the consent of the club and the player, if they wanted to do it unilaterally there would be all sorts of litigation and in all likelihood they would fail because the club hold his registration. I would also assume that we have an option to buy him outright at the end of the deal. If we don't then a club could come in at the end of the 18 month loan and make a bid to own him outright.
LFC2007

Postby RedWolf35 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:16 pm

redhayesy wrote:tevez isn"t worth £15 - £ 25 million anyway, don"t go there

your talking out your ring piece mate - he's worth 30 million and I would pay more to get him.

he single handedly rescued west ham and he showed real passion and commitment.

15-20 million and he's not worth it.....

your having a laugh  :wwww
RedWolf35

Postby The K0P » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:30 pm

Bellamy will be swaped for Owen  Tevez will come in as a loan for a year ..
The K0P

Postby puroresu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:29 am

From what tevez has recently said it looks Inter is where he will go.  It wouldnt surpise me if he goes there. 1. They will pay a big fee. 2.  Inter have plenty Argentinians at the club. 3. They are the champions of Italy and Serie A is a popular detination for South Americans.
puroresu

Postby Scouse_legend » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:30 am

i heared if bellemy is to go west-ham that beniyom is gonna come back the other way with 6 million as well :P that aint a bad deal

Scouse_legend

Postby bluenwhite » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:16 pm

Dont know if this is the right place to post..

But I live at brockhall (Next to blackburns academy), and I was talking to the chairman this morning. He told me that once Torres starts talking about your move for him, we'll be offering you 8m for Bellamy back.

SkySports is talking about Torres now, therefore I assume we've offered you for him.

Any thoughts?
bluenwhite

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:19 pm

personally i would be sorry to see bellamy go, he wasnt used properley last season but still gave 100% for the whole time he was on the pitch.

i think it would be a good move for you to take him back, i still cant believe he was left so late in the CL final
112-1077774096

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:19 pm

bluenwhite wrote:Dont know if this is the right place to post..

But I live at brockhall (Next to blackburns academy), and I was talking to the chairman this morning. He told me that once Torres starts talking about your move for him, we'll be offering you 8m for Bellamy back.

SkySports is talking about Torres now, therefore I assume we've offered you for him.

Any thoughts?

you might aswell have him back. 8 million is not bad as we got him for 6 million.

I think it's a shame, he could have been good for us if we'd of played him regularly and used him in his best position i.e. running at defenders and not being made to receive the ball back to goal. He gave 100% but sadly never really got the chance he deserved.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:27 pm

Bellamy back to Blackburn ???  Not sure about that Bluenwhite , saw a mention a week or two ago that if he was to leave Liverpool he'd favour a move to the midlands (Villa ? ) as his family where back (?) in Cardiff .  Shades of Robbie Savage .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:30 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Bellamy back to Blackburn ???  Not sure about that Bluenwhite , saw a mention a week or two ago that if he was to leave Liverpool he'd favour a move to the midlands (Villa ? ) as his family where back (?) in Cardiff .  Shades of Robbie Savage .

Didnt Savage do it the other way round though woof ?
Midlands to northwest move ?

Or is Savages family from the north of Wales and thats what you meant ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupporterFromItaly » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:31 pm

torres crouch tevez
and we will win all the competitions
SupporterFromItaly

Postby heimdall » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:34 pm

Either way lets just get rid of Bellamy, waste of money and a :censored: poor striker. he had plenty of chances with us and was just plain cr8p!! Maybe we can sell him back to Blackburn, get some money and Gamst Pederson, that would be cool
heimdall

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:35 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Bellamy back to Blackburn ???  Not sure about that Bluenwhite , saw a mention a week or two ago that if he was to leave Liverpool he'd favour a move to the midlands (Villa ? ) as his family where back (?) in Cardiff .  Shades of Robbie Savage .

Not sure on the locations tbh  Ace , just that Savage seemed to want a club close to his familiy home .The report ( albeit only two lines ) report I saw , suggested Bellamy was of the same frame of mind.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:38 pm

heimdall wrote:Either way lets just get rid of Bellamy, waste of money and a :censored: poor striker. he had plenty of chances with us and was just plain cr8p!! Maybe we can sell him back to Blackburn, get some money and Gamst Pederson, that would be cool

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:49 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

Not sure on the locations tbh  Ace , just that Savage seemed to want a club close to his familiy home .The report ( albeit only two lines ) report I saw , suggested Bellamy was of the same frame of mind.

I'd heard this too.  Bellamy's family is in Cardiff so he'd like to be in the Midlands somewhere.  Savage's family is in Wrexham so he opted for Blackburn but, ironically, someone calculated the distances and found out that Birmingham was actually closer to Wrexham than Blackburn so he may have just as well stayed put! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion