Craig bellamy - The reason

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:52 pm

I did touch on this in another thread after Bellamys performance against Blackburn. The whole team performance was poor for sixty minutes on Saturday, in the first half nothing was happening. Especially for the little Welsh guy, I remember him picking up the ball just outside the 18 yard box with his back to goal. He had room around him and a confident striker would of spun and shot or ran at the center-halfs in front of him, Bellamy didnt he dwelled and looked to lay it off by that time the Blackburn Midfield had hussled him out of a pass to Pennant I think it was.
Basicly for the first sixty minutes he looked very subdued, and didnt look like he was enjoying it, he began to frustrate me. Until he was left unmarked at the back post and nodded home, God how he needed that...... God how the team did. ' This was it ' I thought, this is what he needed, it raised his performance and the teams for the next fifteen or so. Immediately after he looked more spritely, and picked up a short corner cut inside to have a pop. What a goal does for a player, thats more like it.
But again he faded which I found quite worrying, Finnan or Garcia whipped in a cross Bellamy had loads of space inside the 18 yard box, but I think he left it run through. Either a lack of awareness, or confidence helped him to decide, to let the ball run. If a hungry striker full of confidence was in that position I have no doubts he would of controlled that and turned to find the goal at his mercy.

The point I'm trying to make, and I may be way off the mark but Bellamy looks to be feeling the pressure. Is it the pressure of playing for the biggest club of his life, is he by any chance overawed by playing for Liverpool?
Maybe not.......... But he's in need of something, confidence yes. But after that goal he scored I would of thought the pressure would of been off his shoulders but it didnt seem apparent maybe it wasnt long enough and well have to see in the next game. I maybe reading too much into this, and I dont think it helps Bellamy playing off a player like Crouch who isnt the most clinincal striker around but neither is the Welshman, one of them need the Fowler type player because Bellamy and Crouch look more comfortable in providing their partner with the ammunition.
66-1112520797

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion