CRAIG BELLAMY - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:42 am

has to be in the manager's thoughts for saturday now after last night. the best player on the pitch by a mile, his free kicks aside :D

him and maxi link up brilliantly at times. that was his third assist for maxi this season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:25 pm

on the back of tonights echo it says craig is leaving the club to join cardiff.
bit of a blow that, in that olympic tournament for all the talk of promising younsters like cleverly, allen, ramsey and buckland by far the best british player in all of the games was bellamy.
he wants to leave apparently, feels like he has got unfinished business with cardiff, wants to end his career by helping them into the prem.
thanks for your efforts in a red shirt craig.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:25 pm wrote:on the back of tonights echo it says craig is leaving the club to join cardiff.
bit of a blow that, in that olympic tournament for all the talk of promising younsters like cleverly, allen, ramsey and buckland by far the best british player in all of the games was bellamy.
he wants to leave apparently, feels like he has got unfinished business with cardiff, wants to end his career by helping them into the prem.

I posted this a while back mate, apparantly its because his missus wants to move back there.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby redalltheway36 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:25 pm wrote:on the back of tonights echo it says craig is leaving the club to join cardiff.

Sounds like he knows he gona win feckall with us. No way he would go back if he knew we would be pushing for 4th place.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby redhayesy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:06 pm

if he does go i for one will be truley gutted!! just behind skrtell for player of the season for me. i thought his energy,enthusiasm,passion to deliver whenever he played last season was never in question for me. he may not be able to play 3 or 4 games in a row ,but he did start every game in the olympics that for me is his pre-season under his belt.

forgive me if anyone thinks i'm wrong,but i didn't see bellamy have one bad game for us last season-thoughts anyone?

trouble is if rodgers wants to just keep him as a squad player,he may feel he may not get many games even as a sub-which i feel would be a great loss to our FC,for me he still has a good couple of seasons in him & one things for sure with his passion etc he would be a massive influence on the younsters hoping for more opportunity's,also give others a massive kick up the backside & make them fight for their place in the team,cause for me that's what bellamy would continue to do.

he's certainly not on my priority list to see the exit door- hope this talk disappers sooner rather than later.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 pm

He is going mate - everything between Cardiff and Bellamy is sorted - the clubs just need to sort it out
Benny The Noon

Postby redhayesy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:11 pm wrote:He is going mate - everything between Cardiff and Bellamy is sorted - the clubs just need to sort it out

as i say mate i for one would be gutted if that happens -what do you reckon?
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:31 pm

redhayesy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:18 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:11 pm wrote:He is going mate - everything between Cardiff and Bellamy is sorted - the clubs just need to sort it out

as i say mate i for one would be gutted if that happens -what do you reckon?

Dissapointment mate because I think he can offer us something again but understand why he wants to go
Benny The Noon

Postby redhayesy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:39 pm

totally agree mate & if he does go what's happening with a BIG replacement-things have gone quiet on the dempsey saga,just hope that things are happening as i speak cause to let bellamy go with no replacement in mind would wealen the side straight away.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:44 pm

I really don't know fella ?! We just seem to be leaking players out but none arriving
Benny The Noon

Postby Penguins » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:48 pm

No panic. We have the immovable trio. Adam, Henderson and Spearing to take us to the next level :)
Will give a hard time for any midfield next season...  .... oh
I meant they will be given a hard time by any midfield next season  :D
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Penguins » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:48 pm wrote:No panic. We have the immovable trio. Adam, Henderson and Spearing to take us to the next level :)
Will give a hard time for any midfield next season...  .... oh
I meant they will be given a hard time by any midfield next season  :D

fair play mate for trying to have a laugh! i'm trying to look on the positives aswell  :laugh:  but you know aswell as me that if rodgers does stick with a midfield that includes any of them 3 then i will start crying rather than laughing! & that is my point,if rodgers allows bellamy to go for whatever reason- accept it & move on.

however forget price tags wage demands etc just cut the losses & improve the squad-how the feck we allow the likes of bellamy to go & let those 3 remain is the whole issue for me. after all we cut our losses with aqua man,& that was a huge finacial loss in the selling on fee but saved on his wages etc so lets do the same with other dead wood.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:26 pm

he played well when selected last season and whether that was a starter or sub he often got motm for the efforts and was one of the few who actually gave it all.
he could do a similar job for us this season and id have no qualms if he hung around.
bearing in mind though he is 33 and maybe wants to go there while he can give 100% and help them up to the prem.
best of luck to the little fella
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:38 am

Such a shame he is leaving could have easily squeezed 1 more season out of him if you look at what we have right now.

I hope Henderson, Adam & Downing were all paying attention when Bellamy was on the ball...that's how its done!
killerp

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:49 am

Craig Bellamy is set to have a medical at Cardiff today after agreeing to take a significant pay cut to complete a move from Liverpool.

Bellamy, 33, is understood to have accepted a deal worth £35,000 a week, a huge drop from the £90,000-a-week salary he was earning at Anfield.

Cardiff are also offering a £1 million promotion bonus if Bellamy helps them to the Premier League at the end of this coming season. Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers confirmed on Wednesday morning that he had agreed to let Bellamy talk to the Bluebirds.

The Wales international is due to attend a function at the Cardiff City Stadium tonight, and could also be at tomorrow's friendly against his former club Newcastle, although he is not expected to play that game.

Cardiff boss Malky Mackay said: "We're in advanced talks with Liverpool and Craig. Brendan is a good friend of mine and he has been fantastic to deal with. It's something we're progressing with at the moment and we're hoping to have news in the next couple of days."

Mackay, who was Bellamy's captain at Norwich City in the late 1990s, added: "We've known each other our whole careers. We were together many years ago at Norwich. He's a proud person from the Cardiff area and he's a top player, a top talent."

Bellamy, who helped Team GB to the quarter-finals of the Olympic men's football tournament, spent the 2010-11 season on loan at Cardiff from Manchester City.

He wants to return to south Wales to be with his wife and children, who live in the family home just outside Cardiff.
---

Disappointed with this. One of the best players who had the heart and determination to work his socks off for the team. Guess we'll never see what it's like to have Borini, Suarez and Bellamy up front together :(
Last edited by maypaxvobiscum on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion