Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:04 pm

tevez isn"t worth £15 - £ 25 million anyway, don"t go there
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:32 pm

redhayesy wrote:tevez isn"t worth £15 - £ 25 million anyway, don"t go there

why not???

He's a great striker. If Eto is 35 million then Tevez is certainly worth 15 million in my opinion.
heimdall

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:36 pm

So give MSI £10m and Bellamy?   

Doesn't make sense.

No, I meant West Ham.

MSI still own Tevez?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:26 am

bellamy for 9 mill sure!!
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:17 am

heimdall wrote:He's a great striker. If Eto is 35 million then Tevez is certainly worth 15 million in my opinion.

He plays more like a Forward (Rooney, Zola), not an out and out striker (Ruud, Bent, Inzaghi).

But I agree with you - he is worth atleast £15m.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Simari » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:53 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:

Doesn't make sense.

No, I meant West Ham.

MSI still own Tevez?

The original contract prevented both West Ham and Tevez from conducting transfer activities on behalf of Tevez, without MSI's permission. MSI owned Tevez's registration rights. The FA had no laws governing player registration ownership by 3rd parties, either allowing it or preventing it. If they did, the transfer would not have gone through in the first place.

However, the FA felt that there are rules in place that prevent a 3rd party from interfering with a club's monetary policies (e.g. transfers). Once the contract was torn up (April 18th), the FA were convinced that MSI was no longer in complete control of how and when any subsequent transfer occured (i.e. no longer interfering with monetary guidelines about how clubs should conduct themselves in the EPL)

What *seems* to be unknown is how much influence MSI can exert, should a transfer opportunity turn up.

*being speculation*

Joorbachian is a businessman and he would have made sure that, as part of the new agreement between MSI and West Ham, MSI would get a nice windfall from any transfer. This could be in the form of a fixed price payout or a percentage of the transfer fee.

Hence, should anyone want to buyout Tevez, it would be at an inflated price - having to payout to both West Ham and MSI.

In my opinion, both parties would like to make lots of money from the transfer.

*end speculation*
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:53 am

just buy tevez. keep bellamy. we lack pace so badly. kuyt runs around like a headless chicken. voronin....i dont know who he is. crouch plays the ball with his back to the goal. he isnt direct. none of our strikers actually try to beat defenders. they cant dribble, lack flair, its a pain to watch them play at times. we need more flair and skills like tevez, c.ronaldo, moutinho, aimar, etc.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby puroresu » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:46 am

Tevez's agent decides where he plays.  Tevez has said it himself that Kia will be the factor in where Tevez plays nxt season.  West Ham aint going to get much out of any fee.
puroresu

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:16 pm

Simari wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:

Doesn't make sense.

No, I meant West Ham.

MSI still own Tevez?

The original contract prevented both West Ham and Tevez from conducting transfer activities on behalf of Tevez, without MSI's permission. MSI owned Tevez's registration rights. The FA had no laws governing player registration ownership by 3rd parties, either allowing it or preventing it. If they did, the transfer would not have gone through in the first place.

However, the FA felt that there are rules in place that prevent a 3rd party from interfering with a club's monetary policies (e.g. transfers). Once the contract was torn up (April 18th), the FA were convinced that MSI was no longer in complete control of how and when any subsequent transfer occured (i.e. no longer interfering with monetary guidelines about how clubs should conduct themselves in the EPL)

What *seems* to be unknown is how much influence MSI can exert, should a transfer opportunity turn up.

*being speculation*

Joorbachian is a businessman and he would have made sure that, as part of the new agreement between MSI and West Ham, MSI would get a nice windfall from any transfer. This could be in the form of a fixed price payout or a percentage of the transfer fee.

Hence, should anyone want to buyout Tevez, it would be at an inflated price - having to payout to both West Ham and MSI.

In my opinion, both parties would like to make lots of money from the transfer.

*end speculation*

Just to clarify, and I'm not "jumping" on you, but there is a lot factually wrong with what you say about Tevez that you can find out by looking at the "Is Mascherano already signed" - a different player but a lot of the Tevez stuff is in there aswell.

Mascherano thread
LFC2007

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:55 pm

9Mil will be decent business for Bellamay, he is the logical choice to sacrafice if we are bringing in a new players. Vornin has just jonied and Kuyt and Crouch have proved there worth, Bellamy is a dog and I will be happy to see him go. He is a decent player but just a stop gap as far as I was concerned.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:04 pm

I read in a paper today that United were likley to beat us to signing Tevez. I still think though that with Bellamy we hold a very good hand. This talk of £25m + is a bit off i think. Bellamy plus about £10m would be about what i think he's worth. When is anything going to happen though. The longer things go on the easier it is for Man U and Chelsea to voice interests in the same players. Even if they have no intention of signing them and just to force the price up out of our budget. Just like Simao a last season. We let everyone know we want him, Chelsea come in and then we can't afford him and Chelsea have done their work. Why can't we just have a transfer budget set aside for Rafa so he can just go in and Bang! (just like United) sign a couple of players in one go without giving anyone a sniff.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Simari » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:46 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Just to clarify, and I'm not "jumping" on you, but there is a lot factually wrong with what you say about Tevez that you can find out by looking at the "Is Mascherano already signed" - a different player but a lot of the Tevez stuff is in there aswell.

Thanks for the link - I guess my sources were not very well informed around the details of why the FA were not happy with the deal.

However, the fact that a 3rd party agreement existed whereby MSI could cancel West Ham's ownership of Tevez's registration effectively means that they were in control of both the player and his registration rights, while not owning the registration rights outright.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:59 pm

Simari wrote:However, the fact that a 3rd party agreement existed whereby MSI could cancel West Ham's ownership of Tevez's registration effectively means that they were in control of both the player and his registration rights, while not owning the registration rights outright.

MSI were forced to cancel the "third party agreement" in order for him to play the final game of the season or at least alter the paperwork in a way that wouldn't contravene rule U.18, but West Ham do have his registration rights at the moment.

Eggert Magnuson came out recently and said he was contracted there for three years i.e. they have a contract to hold his registration for three years.
LFC2007

Postby Simari » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:31 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Simari wrote:However, the fact that a 3rd party agreement existed whereby MSI could cancel West Ham's ownership of Tevez's registration effectively means that they were in control of both the player and his registration rights, while not owning the registration rights outright.

MSI were forced to cancel the "third party agreement" in order for him to play the final game of the season or at least alter the paperwork in a way that wouldn't contravene rule U.18, but West Ham do have his registration rights at the moment.

Eggert Magnuson came out recently and said he was contracted there for three years i.e. they have a contract to hold his registration for three years.

Thanks for the clear responses LFC2007 :D

This raises a couple of questions/issues:

(a) Short of anyone coming in with a £40m buyout bid for Tevez, does this mean that, should MSI decide to sell their ownership of him for anything less than that (say £30m), will this decision automatically result in the cancellation of the *loan* agreement with West Ham?

As an example, if MSI decide to cash out on Tevez in Jan 2008 for £30m - dead bang in the middle of the EPL season, and assuming that Tevez has become an integral part of the team, neither West Ham nor Tevez (or any other club that might have *loaned* him) will have any say in this, since Tevez is basically an investment vehicle for MSI.

In the case of the buy-out clause, if a club were to approach MSi with a £40m bid in Jan 2008, what is in place to prevent MSI from automatically accepting the offer? Can Tevez contractually decline the approach? (I am aware that several world-class players in europe have buy-out clauses, but the ££ figures are astronomically high, such that, should the buy-out clause be met - it would be a no brainer to sell. In my opinion, within the next couple of years, Tevez at £40m buy-out will start looking like a bargain)

(b) It may happen in Europe, but it is difficult to see how elite clubs would want to go ahead with these types of *loan* contracts for players that will become integral to their teams. This raises an issue with Mascherano, in that, unless MSI have contractually agreed with Liverpool, not to sell Mascherano before the 18 month loan period expires - we are at the mercy of both MSI and Masch should they decide to accept a buy-out bid, or for that matter any bid, for him during any of the transfer windows?
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:07 am

redhayesy wrote:tevez isn"t worth £15 - £ 25 million anyway, don"t go there

ummm i would happily pay 25 mil for tevez...

man u paid 30Mil ++++ for rooney when he was still very raw...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion