Craig bellamy - The reason

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:51 pm

Hi all,

The question that has been on everyones lips this weekend. Why didn't Bellamy start on the derby? It seems Bellamy is perfect for the derby, simple he is a 'orrible little tw@t.

Well I have been told on good authority the real reason Mr Bellamy did not start. He got called in on the Thursday after the internationals for a "warm down" session. Bellamy weren't very happy that he was called in for this when others weren't.

He supposedly got into a heated discussion with  a physio or coach and squared up to them!!

Subsequently he was sent home and did not get called in till Sunday morning where he was told in no uncertain terms that everyone has one chance at this club and his had now gone. He would be leaving if anything happened again.

I know its only worth of mouth around here but thought you all should know.

PS I believe it anyways.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:22 pm

No Bellamy Bust Up

Craig Bellamy was not dropped for the derby because of any bust-up with Rafa Benitez or any of his team-mates. Rumours have been doing the rounds all over Merseyside (and the internet) since Bellamy was omitted from the squad which lost at Woodison on Saturday, presumably spread by mischief making Evertonians or unsrupulous website owners. There were similar rumours around town about Robbie Fowler when he was left out of the squad for West Ham the other week, and it’s something we are going to have to get used to if Rafa is to persevere with his rotation of players.

Bellamy was left out with the game in Holland against PSV in mind, that’s all there was to it. Barring any late injury or dramatic change of heart by Benitez, Bellamy will almost certainly start the game in Eindhoven alongside Dirk Kuyt. Sadly it’s inevitable that the muck rakers will attempt to stir up trouble as Bellamy is a player with ‘previous’. The first time he was left out of a Liverpool squad, this was always going to happen. The fact it was a derby game must have had them rubbing their hands together with glee. There was no bust up though, no matter what some would have you believe.
From what I hear, Craig Bellamy has settled in very well at Anfield and is very popular with his team-mates, despite moaning as much in training sessions as he does during games!

i cant see there being a problem here. bellamy may be a spirited little oik but he aint going to f.uck up this opportunity. id expect it to be vicious rumours...nothing else.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:27 pm

Well the rumour mill around where i live and work has it on good authority that bellamy reported for training on thursday morning...p1ssed as a f@rt! reports say he had gone on a "bender" after the midweek wales v brasil friendly?...and rafa sent him home telling him to "think about his future"..and purposely left him out of the squad on saturday. ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:10 pm

Load of sh.it these rumours are based on Bellamys reputation in the past thats all, and Mark Lawrensen has such a grudge with our club I dont know why he always has a dig.
But when he said on MOTD theres more to this than meets the eye.
Well what would you know you manc lovin git.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:22 pm

maybe he just turned up with gut-rot from eating the lasagne  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:21 pm

I think it's just it was the time to use Robbie, as he had been used less than Bellamy. My point is that some people around here tend to think that Robbie's contribution is going to be small this season, and I disagree. I think Rafa has full confidence on Robbie, and rightly so.

It was just rotations. I don't see no manager that says the "chance" is gone for one disciplinary incident that hasn't even been showed in the TV. It all seems to be a rumour from people who do not love Bellamy.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:45 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Well the rumour mill around where i live and work has it on good authority that bellamy reported for training on thursday morning...p1ssed as a f@rt! reports say he had gone on a "bender" after the midweek wales v brasil friendly?...and rafa sent him home telling him to "think about his future"..and purposely left him out of the squad on saturday. ???

Do you honestly believe that Bellamy would turn up for training :censored:? Now that he's got his big chance to play for his boyhood heroes?
This is the chance of Bellamy's life, and I don't think he's going to waste it.
I don't know who's worse, the
dickheads who start the rumours, or the dickheads who believe them and pass them on.  :no
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:51 pm

Rumours of Bellamy having a "bust up" with the manager is an absolute load of tosh. People in the media trying to stir things up again.

There is, apparently, an even more laughable rumour doing the rounds: that Alonso and Garcia didn't figure at Sheffield Utd because they were out on the town the night before. Hardly the two you'd think to go out and create mayhem - what was their crime? Having the wrong wine with the fish course?  ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:57 pm

yeah what else are these mutton heads going to talk about...cue jermaine pennants latest news:.... :no

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:58 pm

I bet you any money we will  start saying players have picked up little knocks now to avoid silly rumors happening like this.

Bellamy hatrick tonight :D
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:12 pm

It's simple: 11 starters plus 5 subs (4 outfield players and Dudek) means that 1 of our four strikers will always be left out entirely for league matches (particularly away matches).  It was Bellamy's turn and there's nothing more to it than that.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kuyt » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:18 pm

Ciggy wrote:Load of sh.it these rumours are based on Bellamys reputation in the past thats all, and Mark Lawrensen has such a grudge with our club I dont know why he always has a dig.
But when he said on MOTD theres more to this than meets the eye.
Well what would you know you manc lovin git.

agreed.

the original topic is full of "supposedly" and I "heard it on good authority" rumour type garbage.

Rafa said he could only take 3 strikers to woodison in a 16 man squad.

Nothing in it. I doubt Bellamy would blow this chance, and if he did, more fool him.

Im suprised he didnt go though, as he has pace and those games are always frantic.
Kuyt

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:55 pm

Don't believe for a second. Im more inclined to think that it was simply because fookin toshack had him running around on his own up front for the best part of 90 minutes against the brazilians in mid-week :angry: .

P.S Lawrenson obviously just says what lover boy Lineker wants to hear :p   OOOH GARY! :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:52 pm

sounds a load of rubbish.  Rafa obvioulsy wanted to rest him after his international and use him for the PSV match.  If any of the rumours were true (and they have varied from him getting drunk to fighting his own players/coaches) then he would be out quicker than you can say "Diao is :censored:"
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:57 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Don't believe for a second. Im more inclined to think that it was simply because fookin toshack had him running around on his own up front for the best part of 90 minutes against the brazilians in mid-week :angry: .

P.S Lawrenson obviously just says what lover boy Lineker wants to hear :p   OOOH GARY! :D

Should he not play then and become another Giggs
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion