Craig Bellamy on loan! - An option?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:26 pm

As many of you might of read Bellamy is on his way out of Car-Toon town.  Specualtion has it that we are one of the teams interested in him. 

My belief is that we should get him on loan!.  I know he makes Diouf look like jesus in football form but we could give him the 'ol Anelka fake words of a " loan for 6 months then we'll buy you in the summer"

Obviously as in the Anelka case we wont really buy him but he'll think we are and in pursuit of this will put in a good standard of football until May. 

What dyu think?
109-1093441336

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:27 pm

On the Liverpool .TV web page they have denied any interest in him
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:29 pm

this is to buy him i know but i'm talking about a loan
109-1093441336

Postby akumaface » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:33 pm

Why not bring back Diouf instead. He got the same attitude. :p

Seriously though, a loan deal would be good move if we can't secure anyone else. How about Kanu? To me he is highly skilled and similar to Anelka but the difference is he can't score.  :laugh:
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby IrishRed » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:37 pm

Would pongolle injured Bellamy might be a short term thing...he is a little ****** but scores goals and would be free for the CL
IrishRed

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:39 pm

IrishRed wrote:Would pongolle injured Bellamy might be a short term thing...he is a little ****** but scores goals and would be free for the CL

this whole thing about bellamy scoring goals is a complete myth. i don't think he's ever got into double figures for a season.

also, take away his pace and what has he got? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:41 pm

stmichael wrote:also, take away his pace and what has he got? ???

a sh*t haircut? ???
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:41 pm

Ive heard its only Stoke City who have put in a offer so far, I think hes too volatile anyway it would be a matter of time before he has a hissy fit at Liverpool

Legend Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:48 pm

Woollyback wrote:
stmichael wrote:also, take away his pace and what has he got? ???

a sh*t haircut? ???

yeah and a sh#t accent :D

"i am the only gay in the village" :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:55 pm

IrishRed wrote:Would pongolle injured Bellamy might be a short term thing...he is a little ****** but scores goals and would be free for the CL

i am not sure he will be free for the champions league...remember newcastle played in the Uefa cup rite ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:59 pm

2 contrasting stories .........

1)

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/3353058

Magpies outcast to Anfield?

Craig Bellamy's refusal to apologize could have spelt the end of his Newcastle career - with Liverpool prepared to offer a way out.

The Welsh forward has been fined two weeks' wages and labelled a "cheat" by Newcastle chairman Freddie Shepherd.

However, Bellamy shows no signs of remorse, believing that he has been forced out of he club he loves.

With less then a week left of the transfer window, Liverpool will have to move fast to secure Bellamy's services.

Newcastle will be willing to listen to offers of no less than £6m and the Reds will have to match his £40,000-a-week wages.

Bellamy would slot straight into an attack that has been lacking stability since the departure of Michael Owen.

Aston Villa, Manchester City and Portsmouth have also been linked with the Welshman.

2)http://www.koptalk.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/399144/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

Liverpool deny interest in Bellamy

Liverpool Football Club have rubbished claims in today's Mirror newspaper that suggest manager Rafael Benitez has made an enquiry relating to the possible transfer of Newcastle United striker Craig Bellamy.

The report in The Mirror claimed that Liverpool were prepared to pay up to £5million for the player but this has been denied by the club, who rarely respond to transfer speculation.

Press officer Ian Cotton, who always has a lot to say, said: "This story is not true."
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:04 pm

from what ive heard the ONLY team who have put in an offer is stoke who offered to take hmi on loan... serves the welsh midget right i say
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:08 pm

The day we start even CONSIDERING tw*ts like Bellamy I'll throw myself in the bloody mersey
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:15 pm

BELLAMY NOT ANFIELD BOUND
Paul Eaton 26 January 2005 
  Liverpool have insisted that press speculation linking the Reds with a move for Craig Bellamy is untrue. 
Bellamy is out of favour at Newcastle following a well publicised bust-up with boss Graeme Souness and appears to be on his way out of St James Park.

But, despite speculation to the contrary in today's Daily Mirror, the Welsh international is not Anfield bound.

Liverpool spokesman Ian Cotton said: "This story is not true."
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:17 pm

kazza wrote:BELLAMY NOT ANFIELD BOUND
Paul Eaton 26 January 2005 
  Liverpool have insisted that press speculation linking the Reds with a move for Craig Bellamy is untrue. 
Bellamy is out of favour at Newcastle following a well publicised bust-up with boss Graeme Souness and appears to be on his way out of St James Park.

But, despite speculation to the contrary in today's Daily Mirror, the Welsh international is not Anfield bound.

Liverpool spokesman Ian Cotton said: "This story is not true."

Thank god for that
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion