Most improved player... - ...2008/09 season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Tue May 12, 2009 9:12 am

Right ok fair enough - is that when he was scoring all those match winner goals during the first third of the season ? ???
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue May 12, 2009 9:15 am

GYBS wrote:Right ok fair enough - is that when he was scoring all those match winner goals during the first third of the season ? ???

Whether or not he scored goals is not the point I was making
Read the post again
:;):
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue May 12, 2009 9:19 am

well surely some of his decisions , runs and SHOTS resulted in some very vital winning goals so i guess he wasnt as mad as you think then .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue May 12, 2009 9:25 am

GYBS wrote:well surely some of his decisions , runs and SHOTS resulted in some very vital winning goals so i guess he wasnt as mad as you think then .

How mad do you think I thought he was?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue May 12, 2009 9:39 am

well calling him an embaressing mental case is pretty strong dont you think .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Tue May 12, 2009 10:05 am

GYBS wrote:well calling him an embaressing mental case is pretty strong dont you think .

Kuyt - From embarrassing mental case to totally effective striker.
He has been transformed from a duck to a swan and although I have called him fit to burn earlier in the season, I humbly apologise and would gladly kiss his hairy dutch butt for the form he has shown in the last 3 months
Well done Dirky!!!
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby GYBS » Tue May 12, 2009 10:30 am

why are you reposting all posts ? i read it the first time thank you .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Tue May 12, 2009 10:33 am

Festy wrote:
GYBS wrote:well calling him an embaressing mental case is pretty strong dont you think .

He has been transformed from a duck to a swan and although I have called him fit to burn earlier in the season, I humbly apologise and would gladly kiss his hairy dutch butt for the form he has shown in the last 3 months
Well done Dirky!!!

improved so much he;'s :censored: up the manager's transfer plans  :D

take note, Mr Babel!

Liverpool fans can seemingly forget about the chances of signing a £20 million right winger after Rafa Benitez hailed ‘Duracell’ Dirk Kuyt.

Kuyt has enjoyed arguably his best campaign in a Red jersey, scoring 14 goals from right wing after Benitez settled on his favoured 4-3-3 formation.

However, it is widely acknowledged that Liverpool must add creative flair to their flanks this summer, with Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard almost certain to be left undisturbed after the Robbie Keane disaster.

Kuyt still splits opinion on Merseyside, but Liverpool fans should expect any changes to the right flank to be made at full back – most likely in the shape of Glen Johnson – after Benitez admitted Kuyt is almost undroppable.

"You could call him Mr Duracell, because of the way he plays, always running and always on the go. But we knew when we signed him that he was that sort of player, because he has been doing it for years,” the Spaniard was quoted as saying by The Telegraph.

"He's done really well this year, creating things and scoring goals, but maybe that is because the team is doing better.

"You can use him in so many different ways so you can pretty much guarantee he will be in the starting line-up."
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Tue May 12, 2009 2:00 pm

Yes it is
I asked you how mad do you think I thought he was?
???
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue May 12, 2009 2:07 pm

well im guessing pretty mad if you think he is mental
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue May 12, 2009 2:14 pm

GYBS wrote:well im guessing pretty mad if you think he is mental

Correct

But now hes not anymore and I rejoice that he has his sanity back and is playing well for the Mighty Reds

By the way the offer still stands if hes interested...?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue May 12, 2009 7:04 pm

DrPepe wrote:
Festy wrote:

Well done Dirky!!!

improved so much he;'s :censored: up the manager's transfer plans  :D

take note, Mr Babel!

Liverpool fans can seemingly forget about the chances of signing a £20 million right winger after Rafa Benitez hailed ‘Duracell’ Dirk Kuyt.

Kuyt has enjoyed arguably his best campaign in a Red jersey, scoring 14 goals from right wing after Benitez settled on his favoured 4-3-3 formation.

However, it is widely acknowledged that Liverpool must add creative flair to their flanks this summer, with Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard almost certain to be left undisturbed after the Robbie Keane disaster.

Kuyt still splits opinion on Merseyside, but Liverpool fans should expect any changes to the right flank to be made at full back – most likely in the shape of Glen Johnson – after Benitez admitted Kuyt is almost undroppable.

"You could call him Mr Duracell, because of the way he plays, always running and always on the go. But we knew when we signed him that he was that sort of player, because he has been doing it for years,” the Spaniard was quoted as saying by The Telegraph.

"He's done really well this year, creating things and scoring goals, but maybe that is because the team is doing better.

"You can use him in so many different ways so you can pretty much guarantee he will be in the starting line-up."

Quite right, I think it's laughable that people can praise him and claim we need a "quality winger" in the same sentence/post. Some managers buy a player with a role in mind, Kuyt has become a very effective RM in only a season and a half - to such an extent he's one of the better RMs in the Premiership. I was gobsmacked when one of the mods on another forum did a poll for best RM and he didn't make the poll. Then again they'd been critical of MGP all season and yet he made a list of most Premiership assists said same mod had posted.

Convert Lemon, Peasant, Drowning and most of the other genuine wingers to striker and I bet most would fall at the first hurdle. If only Dirky Boy took our penalties, think how many goals he would have got this season to go with his 14 and however many assists it is he is on now. I reckon he'd be top scorer in the Premiership, wouldn't take that many additional goals to catch Anelka or whoever is top.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:26 am

Hey, why isnt Shkrtel mentioned?He is a great central back.And Dossena is not so bad but he was injured and Aurelio is playing on the same position so not really some chances for Dossena to get to the first team.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Thu May 14, 2009 11:57 am

damjan193 wrote:Hey, why isnt Shkrtel mentioned?He is a great central back.And Dossena is not so bad but he was injured and Aurelio is playing on the same position so not really some chances for Dossena to get to the first team.

Dossena not so bad, have you actually watched any games this season. he may have scored a few goals after the other team have given up but it is defending which is his primary role and at that he is truly fecking terrible. :no

For me Kuyt is the most improved but I still want a proper right winger/midfielder with a bit more flair and guile but Kuyt is fantastic to have in the squad and is doing a very good job at the moment.
heimdall

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion