Most improved lfc player of the season - Who do you think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Thu May 05, 2005 1:24 pm

Carragher,Biscan n Risse.

YNWA.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Thu May 05, 2005 1:34 pm

I think with Carra its the switch to centre back as I have to admit I didnt like seeing him as right back.  As a lot of people have said on this forum including some who claim they havent.

But his commitment etc is second to none and I think Ray Charles could see that

Biscan has improved. enough for a contract well Im not so sure. Traore as well could be JC's partner long term leaving a space for Warnock who alongside Finnan could give us two extremely solid dfeneders capable of supporting the flanks.  I hate to say it but a al manure and Neville and that Irwin.  Whatever we think of them they were solid performers.

The thing that really excitres me is IMO Gerrard and Kewell have not improved at all this season, but with this monumental feat of reaching the CL final they can see the improvements from working with RB.  I have really slated Kewell but he looked hungry on Tuesday and SG is being positive about the club and staying etc.  Next season could see those two embracing the rafalution 100% and god forbid any team that comes up against our full strength midfield then.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu May 05, 2005 5:45 pm

Carra is most improved, but a lot of that is to do with him now playing in his best position.

Riise and Finnan have both improved immensely in terms of consistency.

Traore and biscan have improved but they're still inconsistent
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Thu May 05, 2005 9:03 pm

Our best improved would have to be the whole team because they have all improved accept gerrard as you say he can't improve.But the one that stands out is warnock or traore they are not scared of anyone in the prem so them 2 our most improved for me.
joependo

Postby flexiblegoat » Thu May 05, 2005 10:25 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Finnan and Riise without question. Maybe Igor.

For those who say Carragher, get a clue, as Phil Thompson just said on ITV, he's been like this for years but never had the credit.

Is it just me or was it Houllier's fault that he didn't? I remember against Man Utd once (just after they signed Silvestre ahead of us) he scored two own goals in a match and never seemed to play at centre back again. Houllier leaves, he does and this happens.

(be kind if I'm wrong - first post)
flexiblegoat

Postby Scottbot » Thu May 05, 2005 10:34 pm

It's a close run thing but i would have to say Riise followed by Finnan and JC.

Riise looked the real deal his first year at the club, slipped somewhat in his 2nd year and had an absolute stinker last year. I got so tired of his aimless hoofs up the pitch and wondered if i was watching the same player. This year the guy has been awesome - Non-stop engine, great goals, taking players on, keeping posession and full of fight and heart. An adopted scouser if you like.

Finnan had a quality season the year before Ged bought him. Injuries held him back and he never had a chance to settle last season. He lost his place to Josemi who looked impressive (at first) and it was perhaps only injuries elsewhere that saved him from the transfer market. Thank god for that coz he has hardly put a foot wrong all season. He can own that RB spot for several years to come.

Carra has always been a very good defender but i am of the opinion he has made BIG strides this season. The lad is becoming a GREAT player. He has thrived in the centre where there is less pressure on him to be creative and he can concentrate on winning the ball before giving it to one of his team-mates. He has lapped up the responsibility and for me he is the leader on the pitch.

Igor gets an honourable mention for his performances in Europe but he has yet to really convince me he can do it week in week out in the league.

Traore has got a mention from some of you. While i think he has improved, he still has a way to go. I think we will likely see Jonny Riise back in that Left Back spot next season.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby est1900 » Sat May 07, 2005 11:19 am

As Italian Gourmet "F.C.LIVERPOOL LOVER" I think:
CARR-GERRARD-TRAORE.
est1900

Postby Jari's mullet » Sat May 07, 2005 11:46 am

It is good to see Finnan playing with confidence, he didnt have a good time of things last season especially when he was played on the wing, but he has proved that he is good player with a lot of heart.
Jari's mullet

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat May 07, 2005 12:49 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Finnan and Riise without question. Maybe Igor.

For those who say Carragher, get a clue, as Phil Thompson just said on ITV, he's been like this for years but never had the credit.

He has always been consistent and was regarded as a solid fullback.

But this year he has been f@cking amazing,

and would be my most improved player of the season. :bowdown
66-1112520797

Postby lfclfclfc » Sat May 07, 2005 1:45 pm

got to be traore, with biscan a close second (doesn't feature as much as traore, expecially in the domestic front). i think these players have always got something to offer, but were sadly deployed so badly that it eroded their confidence totally. this season, break-out year for both. carra's revival started last season, but he has matured a lot, got out of hyypia's shadow, and calls the shots now. he's my third. riise and finnan are just behind, i expect more from riise next season but imo finnan has max-ed out tho he can do a job for us (way over josemi).
lfclfclfc

Postby Dalglish » Sun May 08, 2005 12:14 am

In terms of PROGRESS made it has to be Steve Finnon who looked all but on his way early season.

Carra's always been up there in terms of ability so his progress this season, although significant isn't a total surprise. Even last season at left and right back he was solid enough.

Finnon for me though has made the most progress....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun May 08, 2005 12:57 am

The signing of Josemi seems to had inspired Finnan to start performing, and ever since he's been solid. He's definetly improved like Ian says.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun May 08, 2005 1:55 am

Yep Finnan, must have sh*t himself at the arrival of Josemi, but now i think he doesnt have much to worry about, because Josemi started well, but is basically ******, he is SLOW and cant head to save his life.....I rate his 100% commitment and his like of 'playing' football and trying to pass, but he is not good enough for a first team place, and a squad place is questionable..........maybe someone should start a topic about who has been worst or went backwards the most this season!!!..........i would look to add Josemi to that i think :)
76-1115222408

Postby A.B. » Sun May 08, 2005 4:22 am

Well we should give Josemi a proper chance to prove himself. I don't think he adapted to the league very well and he's been hit by injuries.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun May 08, 2005 4:30 am

A.B. wrote:Well we should give Josemi a proper chance to prove himself. I don't think he adapted to the league very well and he's been hit by injuries.

Look im all for giving players a chance to prove themselves(like Kewell, and unlike Pellegrino :angry: ), but i think i have been put off by Josemi, because he has cost us a few goals this season, and im sure one time is was after coming on as a sub with minutes to play!
If he was still here next season it wudnt be the end of the world, but just not as a starter. He tends to give  free kicks away on the edge of the box after commiting a rash challenge after being beaten for pace round the outside, and we  are'nt the best at defending set peices(though i think the team has got to grips with the zonal system now).
76-1115222408

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion