Most improved player? - Over the past few seasons

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Lucas..... really shouldn't be any dispute over that
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:21 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Lucas..... really shouldn't be any dispute over that

Don't you think it is a coincidence that while our overall season form is low, Lucas's improvement factor is high??

Especially when you consider last season whilst we were playing well the opinion polls on him were rock bottom.

He is an average player who now is standing out because the whole team is under-performing. Once our form hits again, his flaws will be shown off once again and his rating subsequently dive.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:41 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Don't you think it is a coincidence that while our overall season form is low, Lucas's improvement factor is high??

Especially when you consider last season whilst we were playing well the opinion polls on him were rock bottom.

He is an average player who now is standing out because the whole team is under-performing. Once our form hits again, his flaws will be shown off once again and his rating subsequently dive.

You've hit the nail on te head there mate. Lucas hasn't improved much in my view, but the rest of midfield has been poor. I think it shows just how bad we have been when Lucas appears to be one of our better players
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:01 pm

Insua is the only one to stand out for me

has made the LB spot his own, and despite the occasional  lapse (understandable given his age), has had a good season. He's up there with evra for assists and although its been ropey for too many games , our defence still has one of the best clean sheet records.  :buttrock

imo Lucas hasn;'t really improved much, if at all - i always thought he was a decent & safe 3rd/4th choice CM and i think he probably still is. He will improve if the players around him are better.
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:17 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Surely though the thread is mainly to distinguish who has been the Reds most improved player ,and whether the team hasn't been performing is irrelevant to the eventual outcome ,but it is completely irrefutable  that Lucas has without a shadow of a doubt  been Liverpool's most consistent performer whether the Season be dire or not ,that much is surely unquestionable so credit where credit is due ,because without him we would have been falling over the sheer amount of dummies being thrown        ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:30 pm

DrPepe wrote:Insua is the only one to stand out for me

has made the LB spot his own, and despite the occasional  lapse (understandable given his age), has had a good season. He's up there with evra for assists and although its been ropey for too many games , our defence still has one of the best clean sheet records.  :buttrock

Insua could well turn into a great full back for us and Argentina. Learning his trade in the Premier league will make him tough and his flair will ensure he creates as many chanes as he prevents for the opposition.

Give it a year or two and Barca and Real will come sniffing around for him  :(
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:23 pm

its got to be Benayoun, he has moved up to the plate when needed and has saved up a lot this year, It the things like blocking that has got a lot better and looks a lot safer on the ball that he did, this is due to a lot of the other players in the team moving down in their skills so a part of it is that he is starting to stand out more.
untill this year he has never neded to do any blocking as the team was stronger but now he is called to do it his stands tall and and is a hard player to get passed.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:29 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
heimdall wrote:Doesn't most improved mean that the player is now valuable? If that is the case then I don't understand how Lucas can be considered, admittedly he has improved from "fecking completely useless footballer" to just "bloody annoyingly bad footballer" but I still wouldn't say he is most improved.

Its been a while.

Clueless.

It certainly has .........and you right on the button  :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Sir Roger » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:36 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Surely though the thread is mainly to distinguish who has been the Reds most improved player ,and whether the team hasn't been performing is irrelevant to the eventual outcome ,but it is completely irrefutable  that Lucas has without a shadow of a doubt  been Liverpool's most consistent performer whether the Season be dire or not ,that much is surely unquestionable so credit where credit is due ,because without him we would have been falling over the sheer amount of dummies being thrown        ???

I think Rafa likes him?
???
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:08 pm

Sir Roger wrote:I think Rafa likes him?
???

Odd to say the least  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:21 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:I think Rafa likes him?
???

Odd to say the least  ???

I agree
Many of Rafas ways are odd
:nod
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:45 pm

In a report earlier today it was announced that some posters cant post  without an  involuntary Rafa slur introduced on a regular basis ,a well respected Doctor at Liverpool Hospital for Tropical Diseases has diagnosed this Benitez phenomenon which is springing up on internet forums ,and has predicted it will quell when Liverpool have an upturn in fortunes ,or indeed the perpetrators develop what is known  outside the Web as a life  :D

In other reports it was stated Today that the Royal Liverpool Hospital were on the verge of opening a ward specifically for the injuries inflicted on patients who use sarcasm as a vessel for communication    :D
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:13 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:In a report earlier today it was announced that some posters cant post  without an  involuntary Rafa slur introduced on a regular basis ,a well respected Doctor at Liverpool Hospital for Tropical Diseases has diagnosed this Benitez phenomenon which is springing up on internet forums ,and has predicted it will quell when Liverpool have an upturn in fortunes ,or indeed the perpetrators develop what is known  outside the Web as a life  :D

In other reports it was stated Today that the Royal Liverpool Hospital were on the verge of opening a ward specifically for the injuries inflicted on patients who use sarcasm as a vessel for communication    :D

I know that doctor. Hes a Fu*king quack!
Tell him our clubs got a dose of swine flu and we need an antidote asap. Maybe a shot in the arm from Rafa Benitez MD (Mucho Defenso) to increase our chances of recovery?
  :;):
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:39 am

Sir Roger wrote:I know that doctor. Hes a Fu*king quack!
Tell him our clubs got a dose of swine flu and we need an antidote asap. Maybe a shot in the arm from Rafa Benitez MD (Mucho Defenso) to increase our chances of recovery?

??? ..................  :D Say ahh
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:44 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:I know that doctor. Hes a Fu*king quack!

??? ..................  :D Say ahh

Is that oral or anal?
:wwww
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion