Most improved player? - Over the past few seasons

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fauxy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:00 pm

For me its Lucas.

Took him a while.. but he seems to have adjusted and he's getting better and better each game.

Insua has improved a lot too but imo Lucas edged it
Fauxy

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:03 pm

Ngog , Lucas or Insua
Benny The Noon

Postby roberto green » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:37 pm

isn't there a thread already about this.

Anyway probably Lucas.Still doesn't mean that I think he is good enough for us though
roberto green

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:21 pm

stephen warnock :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:10 pm

for me there's been to many injurys to certain players to give a constructive answer, cause just when a certain player comes back from injury, gets a few games an a decent run in the side to prove their place, they get fecking injured again! ie- skytel, yossi,aurellio, so over the past few seasons, i have just hoped a player can show consistancy in spirit, work rate etc to keep the side & balance right.

FWIW my honest opinion is though that Lucas has improved,but not enough on a regular basis,to claim the prize, i have always firstly thought he isn't good enough to be a regular first team player, but that's cause he had to try an fill alonso's boots, so the Lad was on a no win mission if you like,however in the last few weeks or so he has played well in some games,an it's gone un-noticed by many but that's just down to the fact that he isn't consistant enough throughout the whole game an week in week out.

i am still wanting the Lad to really change a game for us, score a goal even,but maybe i will just have to conseed that, that his not what he is about, he gives others the simple pass for them to do creative stuff etc, but he has certainly improved his alround game in his attitude etc which is great to see- long may it continue. he certainly hasn't recieved any stick from fans at recent games,i was at the Bolton game an when he came on he produced a great attitude an awarness of how the game was going an didn't put a foot wrong for me, an was given encouragement an applause that day for his display.

it's just in some games he still gives away silly free kicks,which can spoil a good perforfance otherwise,so i just hope he gets consistancy in his play,then he would defo win the prize for me.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby mcmannyman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:37 pm

have to agree that its lucas, i hated him when he first came, he just used to give the ball away all the time, now i think he pretty decent  although really not much of a replacement for alonsohe's like unwanted gold, not really liked but actually pretty valuable so fair play to him
Last edited by mcmannyman on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcmannyman

Postby shawnk » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:40 pm

He may have improved but he's still not playing well for Liverpool. We are becoming Leivapool.
shawnk

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Yossi for me, followed by Lucas

Benayoun impreoved loads last year and now I cant remember his last bad game
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby heimdall » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Doesn't most improved mean that the player is now valuable? If that is the case then I don't understand how Lucas can be considered, admittedly he has improved from "fecking completely useless footballer" to just "bloody annoyingly bad footballer" but I still wouldn't say he is most improved. For me I would give it to Reina who seems to become a better and better goalie each and every year. I also think Kuyt has improved far more over the past few years than Lucas and gives much much more to the team despite also not being quite good enough in my opinion.

I don't like the idea of rewarding mediocrity and Lucas sure is mediocre.  :down:
heimdall

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:59 pm

I thought Rafa was killing all the talent and all our players were getting worse not improving......................................? :p
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:29 pm

I disagree with all the comments so far.

My vote would go to Dirk Kuyt.

Came here on the back of a stunning season in Holland and touted as the solution to our striker drought. Epically failed, got shipped out to the wing and has since become a workhorse who has a knack of turning up in big games. He, for me, has been far more improved and influential that any of - Ngog, Lucas or Insua.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:53 pm

I would vote for the Greek god or Kuyt (although I still dont rate him but his first touch has been improving a lot last few games)
shawnk

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:09 pm

heimdall wrote:Doesn't most improved mean that the player is now valuable? If that is the case then I don't understand how Lucas can be considered, admittedly he has improved from "fecking completely useless footballer" to just "bloody annoyingly bad footballer" but I still wouldn't say he is most improved.

Its been a while.

Clueless.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:19 pm

Even Leon comes back after the strike!!!

That big greek lad is our most improved. he was naff at first, now hes not so much naff
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:22 pm

easily benayoun for me. the second half of last season he was probably playing the best football of his career.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion