Yossi Benayoun
8%
Steven Gerrard
19%
Fernando Torres
2%

Total votes : 95

Postby NANNY RED » Tue May 05, 2009 6:58 pm

Well at least Stevies won the fans award, Made up for him, Just shows you though players no nothing

Steven Gerrard has been named as the PFA Fans' Player of the Year for the 2008-09 season. 
The Liverpool captain, who has struck 21 goals so far this campaign, was recently pipped to the PFA Players' Player of the Year award by Manchester United's Ryan Giggs.

However, following a vote conducted by the PFA, Gerrard has scooped the fans' gong after another exceptional season.

PFA Chief Executive Gordon Taylor said: "Steven has always been a particular favourite of mine and I was delighted when he was nominated by his fellow pros for our Players’ Player of the Year award.

"Obviously, that particular award went to Ryan Giggs, and rightly so, and I am equally thrilled that football fans up and down the country have acknowledged Steven in this way.

"Like his many supporters and suitors, I have the utmost respect and admiration for the way he continues to go about his business. He is a top pro and a worthy winner."

Gerrard was the inaugural winner of the honour in 2001.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed May 06, 2009 10:31 am

Thats a little more like it... i think its beyond argument that he deserved it more than anyone else this season... Vidic and Lampard must have been somewhere in the mix but Gerrard yet again had a fantastic season and its nice to see him being acknowledged by fans around the country...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed May 06, 2009 9:55 pm

There is still the writers award isnt it?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu May 07, 2009 12:03 am

I'm very happy for Gerrard's award and it's well deserved. I only watch Liverpool games, but in more than half games, Gerrard is the best out of the 28 players in the pitch (including subs). I never counted those, but yes, it's a lot of times. So it's normal he's been awarded.

If the players didn't vote him, it's because envy is a universal thing.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu May 07, 2009 12:27 am

Interesting results so far, yossi getting 8 votes and JC and Aurelio and macsh getting non with pepe only getting one.
FWIW I didnt vote, cant quite make my mind up but I think had Torres been fit all season he`d have run away with it again, on here atleast.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 07, 2009 1:20 am

Only one answer im afraid.

Shabby Alonso FACT  :nod  god I love him to bits  :hearts  :hearts
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Thu May 07, 2009 7:37 am

Ciggy wrote:Only one answer im afraid.

Shabby Alonso FACT  :nod  god I love him to bits  :hearts  :hearts

Image  :down:

:p
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Owzat » Thu May 07, 2009 9:24 am

I hear Pratini didn't want an Englishman winning this poll so he's influenced the outcome, just like he influenced the Chelsea result last night..................! :laugh:

Ah diddums, paw ickle didier dwogba and his gang. "If you don't give us penalties, we will scweam and scweam and scweam" - and they did! So many toys thrown out of prams last night that I hear the groundstaff had to bring in JCBs to clear up the debris. European ban wouldn't be completely out of order, they may have had a case for any or all of the decisions went against them, but you have to play the game to the scoreline and not "should haves". If you don't get penalties given to you then you have to score a second from open play, it's not rocket science. They knew 1-1 would deny them on away goals, and for the record I believe the away goals rule makes for poor football and stupid results. Does a team deserve to go through if they draw 0-0 and then 1-1? No. Why not play extra time and penalties? Away goals never has had the desired effect of positive and attacking football, the effect is to make teams worry about away goals and look not to concede them, or score them when they need them. Still Chelsea rode their luck against us a bit in the 2nd leg, now UEFA gets their preferred final and avoid another boring repeat of last season.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri May 08, 2009 12:23 pm

Alonso for me too. Torres and Gerrard have scored lots of goals and done what the majority expected given their injury problems too. Alonso had two very difficult seasons here and has played out of his skin for us this season, he often goes unnoticed by the majority of fans outside the club - who just see Torres and Gerrard.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Mon May 11, 2009 9:32 am

1.Gerrard - Has been world class this season close to best in the world
2.Xabi - Has had a fantastic season and been up their with the best in the prem
3.Kut- Crucial goals , consistently good performances - vital link in the team

Anyone of those deserve player of the season
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion