Most improved lfc player of the season - Who do you think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 05, 2005 1:03 am

Lando well said lad. Well said.
115-1073096938

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 05, 2005 1:27 am

stu_the_red wrote:Listen lad, i'e been watching football LIVE and the reds in particular long enough to know a good player when i see one.

Carragher has always been a good player, its only this season he's got an ounce of credit for it as Sami isn't quite upto the standard he once was and theres no world class right back in there (Marcus Babbel).

I've been saying the lads class for 8 years, you lot turn round and say he's all of a sudden become a good player. I'm sorry, but the fact i've rated him for 8 years says to me i was right, you lot were wrong.

The only things he's shown this season more than in the past is a bit of leadership and confidence. You lot seem suprised he's performed like he has, i am certainly not.

is that not what I've just said!?! I agree with YOU stu!!!!!!!!!!! Up the 'pool! ???

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 05, 2005 1:29 am

Soz bud, I though you had got me wrong!!!Thought you were talking to me!!!lol!!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu May 05, 2005 1:50 am

I've been saying for the last two seasons that Carra should've been played at centre back. Quite why Houllier tried Traore and Biscan there ahead of him I really have no idea. And let's be honest - Terry and Ferdinand are going to have to maintain their form and then some to stay in England's first 11. It'll take some seriously good players to keep him out of any 11 in the world at the moment.

He's not the most improved player this season though, as the guy has always had something about him - it's just been a case of reshuffling his game in the centre and stepping up a level. For real progress this season it has to be one of Finnan, Riise or Biscan. Until their injuries, I'd have had Pongolle and Mellor in there as well, as they've made some telling contributions in games that genuinely mattered this season, and we certainly wouldn't have got this far in the CL without them.

Finnan has been fantastic this term, and a real revelation in a year when it looked like Josemi had been bought to take his place. He really disappointed last year, but has made that position his own, and has shown some real menace in attack as well.

Riise has delighted me this year after a really poor time last season. He was an immediate hit with me when he first came, and his early season form was very encouraging at left back. When pressed into service on the left of midfield he's really come on though, as there are few better sights than him haring down at an opposition right back when he's got his tail up. Some phenomenal strikes again this season as well.

On balance though, it'd have to be Igor for me. He did absolutely nothing for us until Rafa got hold of him. Played out of position, for sure, but with a bit of coaching and some fantastic support, he's turned into a seriously reliable midfield player. And probably our most consistent midfield player in the CL campaign so far. The fact that he stuck around when Rafa was content to send him on his way in January spoke volumes to me as well. He wasn't given any guarantees of first team football, but he slogged away and earned his place the hard way. He genuinely loves this club, and - not 12 months after everyone on this board cried out for him to be the first man out of the door last summer - the club now genuinely love him back.
ivor_the_injun

Postby LFC_fan » Thu May 05, 2005 2:03 am

Are u guys dense!! Hoe can out best signing this season be alonso or garcia..?

IT HAS TO BE...
RAFA BENITEZ!!!!  :buttrock  :buttrock  :bowdown  :bowdown
p.s. without him, there would be no alonso and the gang anyway  :pirate
Last edited by supersub on Fri May 06, 2005 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC_fan

Postby desperado0831 » Thu May 05, 2005 12:06 pm

It's none other than Carra.

or u may think that Kewell take this poll.....with his ladylike hairstyle. :D
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby scouseblue » Thu May 05, 2005 12:07 pm

carragher obviously & Finnan, your defence is solid in europe.
scouseblue

Postby laza » Thu May 05, 2005 12:11 pm

Finnan as others have started Carra has been class for a while he has just finally got noticed
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu May 05, 2005 12:23 pm

Most improved player of the season must go to a player who was previously utterly useless but now has become useful when he plays (although not regularly) and even scored quite a goal, for his first ever Premiership goal. The man is none other than Igor Biscan.

Carra or Riise had always been good, Riise was good in his first season, then dipped in the second season. Carra had always been good but unsung because he was unspectacular. Now as a central defender, he has been called into much more action defensively than before and his consistency has surprised many now that people see more of his abilities.

Biscan is a different story because he was utterly useless before this season. The next best improved player is Traore. This is my 2 cents.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Thu May 05, 2005 12:32 pm

azriahmad has got it spot on.  Agree with every word.

Who would've offered Igor a new contract 6 months ago?  Who was PLEASED when Everton expressed an interest in Traore in the winter?  They both still remind me of giraffes on rollerskates, but they're no longer embarrasing.

:blues:
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby xd3vilx » Thu May 05, 2005 12:34 pm

Carr, Traore, Biscan...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 05, 2005 1:08 pm

Look, people on here are saying the same as me and its people who've made decent points in the past aswell.

Nice one lads. :)
115-1073096938

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu May 05, 2005 1:14 pm

Finnan  without doubt, he really struggled last season an looked like he was on his way out when Josemi was bought, but he has got better and better and is solid and reliable every week.
Carragher has always been the same and as said before moving into the centre has just emphasised the fact as he sees more of the ball.
Biscan has improved dramatically also an does deserve credit...he still doesnt convince me but will do a job if needed.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu May 05, 2005 1:21 pm

Carra is the most consistent player...but probably not the most improved player in the current season. Most improved (from May'04 to Apr'05) would be Luis Garcia!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu May 05, 2005 1:21 pm

Finnan had a dodgy period settling in at a new club but he has been excellent for years for Ireland.

The most improved must be Traore or Biscan.

Carragher has improved but I think this is just because centre back suits him more than full back (he doesn't have much going forward).

I also think Risse has been good since he came.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion