Most improved lfc player of the season - Who do you think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owen10-Gerrard8 » Wed May 04, 2005 10:22 pm

I think Jamie Carragher but Riise has improved aswell

Gerrard has not improved because he cant improve on 100%!
He will be in a Liverpool shirt next season  :shifty
Owen10-Gerrard8

YNWA

Come on Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owen10-Gerrard8

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed May 04, 2005 10:48 pm

Most Improved Player

DJIMI TRAORE.........he's got to be the best slide tackler in the prem now??

OTHERS
IGOR

haha...bloody DIOUF too i suppose...lol!!
76-1115222408

Postby Owen10-Gerrard8 » Wed May 04, 2005 10:50 pm

I forgot about Biscan

He was useless when first signed but now he is a great player!!!  :cool:
Owen10-Gerrard8

YNWA

Owen10-Gerrard8

Postby ALONSO_14 » Wed May 04, 2005 10:53 pm

Carra has definately improved by miles this season and that is shown by many people saying carra should play for england regualrly and how he has been the most consistent player and should be captain but also a lot of the players branded flops here such as finnan traore and biscan have improved VASTLY to secure firt team places every week especially traore and finnan.

Who would you pick as the most disappointing this season? i think milan baros has been very disappointing especially in the second half of this season and was not too god in the first half either, he has not got enough goals for a striker and doesnt seem capable of doing so every week.

Our most successful signing? Its a tough one between garcia and alonso but i have to go with alonso even though garcia has been an excellent signing, alonso for only 10mil was a bargain, i believe him to be the best signing of any club in the summer, he is one of the best passers i have ever seen and has quickly become one of our most important players and will be for many years to come. Cisse and moro havent had the games to prove themselves yet but nunez and josemi in my opinion were flops so far.
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owen10-Gerrard8 » Wed May 04, 2005 10:58 pm

I dont think Baros should be blamed for his lack of good form.
He was the star at Euro 2004 because he had an established strike partnership

Cisse's leg break meant he had to be upfront on his own or with Pongolle (when fit)

When Morientes was signed they didnt mix together. I think they will next season.

Baros should be playing upfront with cisse or even harry kewell to see the real milan baros. And when he's on top form, no defence is safe!

Czechmate!!!  :cool:
Owen10-Gerrard8

YNWA

Owen10-Gerrard8

Postby bigmick » Wed May 04, 2005 10:58 pm

Well given his ground level starting point, the vote has to go to Biscan. He has risen meteorically to the point where you don't burst out laughing when he get's the ball. Jeez, he's even got me backing him to get a new deal.
Seriously he's become a valuble squad member. Had you suggested this at the start of the season you would have been carted off to the funny farm. It's the equivalent of Giles Brandreth winning the World's hardest man.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:41 pm

Finnan and Riise without question. Maybe Igor.

For those who say Carragher, get a clue, as Phil Thompson just said on ITV, he's been like this for years but never had the credit.
115-1073096938

Postby ALONSO_14 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:49 pm

dont agree there stu carra has improved vastly in his new role as centreback, at right back he was much less effective but the switch has made him class and one of the best defenders in the prem, nobody was saying how carra was a rock last season or how he has been so consistent and deserves an england place and liverpool captan and is liverpools best player now. you didnt hear that last season did you. Carra has done so much for liverpool this season and very much improved, he is now being seen as the rock in liverpools defence, then star of the team but before at right back he was just a very good right back, nothing too special
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:57 pm

ALONSO_14 wrote:dont agree there stu carra has improved vastly in his new role as centreback, at right back he was much less effective but the switch has made him class and one of the best defenders in the prem, nobody was saying how carra was a rock last season or how he has been so consistent and deserves an england place and liverpool captan and is liverpools best player now. you didnt hear that last season did you. Carra has done so much for liverpool this season and very much improved, he is now being seen as the rock in liverpools defence, then star of the team but before at right back he was just a very good right back, nothing too special

agree totally with those comments, he was rubbish at right bak, but hes now found his proper position and was outstanding this season
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu May 05, 2005 12:11 am

ALONSO_14 wrote:dont agree there stu carra has improved vastly in his new role as centreback, at right back he was much less effective but the switch has made him class and one of the best defenders in the prem, nobody was saying how carra was a rock last season or how he has been so consistent and deserves an england place and liverpool captan and is liverpools best player now. you didnt hear that last season did you. Carra has done so much for liverpool this season and very much improved, he is now being seen as the rock in liverpools defence, then star of the team but before at right back he was just a very good right back, nothing too special

Yep i definetly second that.......Carra was ****** at right back tho totally dependable if u know what i mean!!  and always gave his usual 110%, but he just used to look nervous and i know arsenel used to love playing us wid him at full back, they always terrorised him.....Not anymore, he terrorises others now.

Carradonna,Carradonna,Carradonna

Cmon you reds
YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby banana » Thu May 05, 2005 12:24 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:

Yep i definetly second that.......Carra was ****** at right back tho totally dependable if u know what i mean!!  and always gave his usual 110%, but he just used to look nervous and i know arsenel used to love playing us wid him at full back, they always terrorised him.....Not anymore, he terrorises others now.

Carradonna,Carradonna,Carradonna

Cmon you reds
YNWA

Agreed.

He never was no right back, he is at home now at the heart of defence.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 05, 2005 12:32 am

What utter bollox.

You don't become a good player over night just as you don't become a bad player over night.

The lads ALWAYS been class and ALWAYS had a great attitude and determination about him. He's improved a little bit in terms of consistency, leadership and confidence but nothing more.

You lot are so bloody stupid you're all singing his praises this season saying he's this he's that, he's wonderfull. I've been saying this for 8 years since he broke into the side, i've been saying he's a quality player since he scored on his debuet against Villa, i could see he was going to turn out like this and have always backed and rated him. You lot however are going to sit there, tell me i was wrong for 7 out of the 8 years and you were right about him untill now? Jumping on the ****** bandwagon a bit late aren't ya??

Get a grip please.

Any knowledgable person will tell you he's a quality player and i hold Phil Thompson's opinion in alot higher regard than a bunch of stuck up know nothing geeks who post online in a forum who probably dont even know where Liverpool is.

Get a clue and come back.

I'll say this aswell, Warnock... WILL turn out like Carragher given the chance.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Thu May 05, 2005 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu May 05, 2005 12:41 am

lol you give me a good laugh at least stu  :laugh:
give other people a chance to give their opinions on the matter before saying its a load of rubbish, maybe you think that carra has always been excellent but others think otherwise, i respect your opinion on the matter you should respect other peoples opinions. What i said is what i personally think you cant shove it back in my face and say you are right
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 05, 2005 12:58 am

Carragher has always had the determination, heart, guile and hatred of losing. The lad played everywhere across the back, and as a holding midfielder, and NEVER let us down. Now though, he has found his best position playing for a manager who can man-manage and find the strengths of his players. JC has always had the attributes which make him what he is, but now he can finally play to his potential, rather than filling in where needed. Undoubtably, though, Rafa has had an influence with tactics and experience, and I would say that he sees JC as the 1st name on the team sheet. It's fantastic. Special mentions aswell, to Igor who - and lets be fair to him - has turned from a complete joke into a cracking midfielder (its amazing what the best coach in world football can do!), Djimi (as above) and Stevie Warnock - a JC in waiting. Has to be said that it's Igor who has improved the most. Never in a million years would I have believed anyone who said that Biscan would play for the winning side in a CL semi-final! Good on you, young man. Keep up the good work! Up the 'pool! :;):

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 05, 2005 1:01 am

Listen lad, i'e been watching football LIVE and the reds in particular long enough to know a good player when i see one.

Carragher has always been a good player, its only this season he's got an ounce of credit for it as Sami isn't quite upto the standard he once was and theres no world class right back in there (Marcus Babbel).

I've been saying the lads class for 8 years, you lot turn round and say he's all of a sudden become a good player. I'm sorry, but the fact i've rated him for 8 years says to me i was right, you lot were wrong.

The only things he's shown this season more than in the past is a bit of leadership and confidence. You lot seem suprised he's performed like he has, i am certainly not.
115-1073096938

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion