Bellamy has gone - (finally)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby destro » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:12 pm

I dont think anyone can comment on how good or bad Voronin is until he actually plays for us.

It is IMO ridiculous to have any sort of opinion on a player who hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet just because none of the 'Big Clubs' were interested in him does not mean that he is going to be an average player or the other side, that he is going to be a world beater,watch him play a few games and then decide but at least give the guy a chance FFS !
destro

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:36 am

destro wrote:I dont think anyone can comment on how good or bad Voronin is until he actually plays for us.

It is IMO ridiculous to have any sort of opinion on a player who hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet just because none of the 'Big Clubs' were interested in him does not mean that he is going to be an average player or the other side, that he is going to be a world beater,watch him play a few games and then decide but at least give the guy a chance FFS !

I am sure people are joking mate, of course he will be given a chance, but to be fair he will be a squad player and not be given many chances
112-1077774096

Postby babu » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:11 am

bigmick wrote: :D Indeed Sabes I am, although probably people would point to Nando's unquestionably impressive record in the Champions League as the reason behind him being given more chances than most, and I suppose it's just about fair enough. I just think Bellamy is a classic example of a player who was rotated so much it completely fecked around with his mind-set. As he never really ever got going, we can't put him in the same bracket as Crouch, who went from being in the form of his life to having the confidence rotated out of him in the space of about three weeks. I really hope that our manager is a good learner and that this time, he will give us and the players a chance.

bloody hell bigmick. i get it.

rotation = bad

change the record....

:wwww  :p 

just teasing mate, agree with every word.  :)

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:08 am

destro wrote:I dont think anyone can comment on how good or bad Voronin is until he actually plays for us.

How many people had heard of Hyppia before he arrived, give Voronin a chance he might turn into a usefull player. I'm sure his attitude will be better than Bellamys. I actually disagree with most people I don't think Bellamy is that good, he gets caught offside far too much and missed way too many sitters especially at the start of the season and at the end was completely useless for us.
Good riddance I say and bring on the new era.
heimdall

Postby club_Levis » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:23 am

I accept the signing of Torres as he is a very good player though we seriously overpaid Athletico.I am only amazed that Veronin was brought in and Bellamy left. Bellamy is a better player and his international record compared to Veronin proves that. Why do we have to watch a player play for us first to know whether he is good enough?We must sign Titus Bramble then!!!!Letting Bellamy go was a mistake and am afraid we will regret it. :(
club_Levis

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:30 am

i will only be happy with getting rid of bellamy if we buy another 15 million plus attacking player with pace

bellamy had great pace, was a great option.

torres is fast but hasnt the acceleration of bellamy, not in the same league pace wise

which worries me that we will lack pace once again.

pennant aint actually all that fast anymore
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:33 am

did anyone see bellamys thing on sky sports news

he spoke of liverpool in a great way (was very suprising) came across as a classy guy
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:51 am

Well praising Liverpool and Rafa, is the right thing to do, I think it's good both for him and for the club.

I don't think he's been awful but useful in Liverpool, he has proven to be able to play a decent amount of matches in a top club, in my opinion Bellamy's value is greater than before he came here. And all that despite many people said he woudn't do well. He doesn't need to slag Liverpool and Rafa now. His image and value is better than yesteryear and he doesn't need to break that image, no doubt the journos will try to ask him pointy questions, they like controversial quotes.

Well done Bellamy!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:20 pm

club_Levis wrote:Bellamy is a better player and his international record compared to Veronin proves that.

Since when has that mattered,Steve Mcmanaman only scored 3 goals in 30 odd games for England ! Is Bellamy better than him to ?

You cant compare the two based on who scored the most for their countries, Bellamy scored 7 in 27 for us i think, i bet Voronin will score more
destro

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion