Bellamy the scapegoat

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:34 am

Bellamy is a fool to himself he should not by any means be involved with this bad type of publicity, He has affectively messed up any chance of making a career at LFC which really gripes my bones the guy is exceptional as a footballer and i mean that.

Jermaine pennant has the same pendant hanging around his neck i'm afraid and the slightest incident with his name involved will ultimately spell disaster for the lad, I unlike many don't think the boy's done bad atall and am willing to give hime time, God knows he cannot have done any worse than Gonzalez at the moment.

I just think when you are given a chance grasp it with both hands don't be a fool and effectively throw it away because you will only have yourself to blame.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:08 am

I've stayed out of this because i try not to believe whats on the front page of the News of the World. It has been reported from many media sources though so something did happen, but how serious it was is just speculation. I did however hear the hotel manager on the radio who said as far as he was concerned there was no trouble what so ever. So all the reports of Bellamy coming through Riise's door Jack Nicholson style must be way off.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:29 am

whether its true or not, i don't think we'll ever know until one of the makes another autobiography or something, what im concerned about is the match......this can work in two ways, either it will mess with our players heads and frustrate them to the point that it'll effect their performances, or they will use it as ammunition to fight even harder for a result.

Personally, obviously, i hope its the latter.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:23 pm

Lando I am getting sick and tired of your personal attacks on me, they are so immature. If you want to have a discussion then fine but I will not rise to your taunts. If you think I'm a c8nt then so be it, I genuinely couldn't care less, call me all the names that you can think of, sticks and stones mate!! The more you attack me and others in this childish way the less respect I and probably most other people on here will have for you, grow up!!
Just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn't make them a bad person, it just means they have a different opinion or is that a tricky concept for you to get your head around?

My final word on this is that yes this probably has been blown out of proportion but it doesn't matter, the lads behaved appalingly and it is not good enough, it doesn't matter if they are Norwegian, Polish, Welsh or anything else it is not the image they should be portraying!!
heimdall

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:48 pm

heimdall wrote:Lando I am getting sick and tired of your personal attacks on me, they are so immature. If you want to have a discussion then fine but I will not rise to your taunts. If you think I'm a c8nt then so be it, I genuinely couldn't care less, call me all the names that you can think of, sticks and stones mate!! The more you attack me and others in this childish way the less respect I and probably most other people on here will have for you, grow up!!
Just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn't make them a bad person, it just means they have a different opinion or is that a tricky concept for you to get your head around?

My final word on this is that yes this probably has been blown out of proportion but it doesn't matter, the lads behaved appalingly and it is not good enough, it doesn't matter if they are Norwegian, Polish, Welsh or anything else it is not the image they should be portraying!!

Cast your mind back pal.

Our first correspondence was an attack by you on myself.

Now stop whining and get behind the lads. ALL of them.

If it were Gerrard, you wouldn't even be on here.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:55 pm

To suggest that there are widely diverging versions of this story is to put it mildly.  The Echo says that Rafa's yet to fine anyone and is waiting to get the Barca match over with before he looks into the fracas.  Meanwhile, football365 says that Benitez has fined 15 players and that Bellamy is on his way back to Blackburn or off to Villa this summer.

My litmus test is this: if he travels to Barca, he didn't do much and this is a tempest in a teacup.  If he's left in Liverpool, the incident with Riise was more serious.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby CarlosRocks » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:05 pm

Bad Bob wrote:My litmus test is this: if he travels to Barca, he didn't do much and this is a tempest in a teacup.  If he's left in Liverpool, the incident with Riise was more serious.

agreed...
CarlosRocks

Postby redmikey » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:30 pm

it's all sh!te anyway... what would be the point of hitting jar with a poxy golf club,

he got butted in the champs league and didn't even flinch, if you were gonna hit him with something it would be a cricket bat on the back of the head cause if he dosn't go down he is gonna turn around and shove it where the sun don't shine

in every club, on ever trip away i bet that some players don't get on and end up having a pop at each other,

once again the press have very little to talk about so they have to pick over the bones of this

it is not like when hartson volleyed one of his team mate in training while the cameras were there
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:32 pm

redmikey wrote:it's all sh!te anyway... what would be the point of hitting jar with a poxy golf club,

he got butted in the champs league and didn't even flinch, if you were gonna hit him with something it would be a cricket bat on the back of the head cause if he dosn't go down he is gonna turn around and shove it where the sun don't shine

in every club, on ever trip away i bet that some players don't get on and end up having a pop at each other,

once again the press have very little to talk about so they have to pick over the bones of this

it is not like when hartson volleyed one of his team mate in training while the cameras were there

Another interesting article

Dudek plays down Reds row

Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek has admitted he was reprimanded over his behaviour during the club's training camp in Portugal.

The Reds found themselves in the headlines for all the wrong reasons last weekend following reports of misbehaviour by several players during their time in Portugal.

Dudek was reported to be one of the players involved in the high jinks which saw Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez issue a statement saying he would be punishing any players who breached club rules.

Polish international Dudek has played down the severity of the trouble, but admitted some players, including himself, had behaved inappropriately by breaking Benitez's midnight curfew.

"Most of the press printed strange, unreal stories concerning our going out for supper to the nearest restaurant, while we were in Portugal," Dudek told his official website.

"Among others, I have read, that I wanted to beat up the policeman, was handcuffed and detained by the police. Nothing of that kind happened.

"I admit that we behaved inappropriately for the situation. We have betrayed our coach's trust, because we returned to the hotel around several dozen minutes after the 'zero hour', as well as other hotel guests, because we disturbed their peace and night time.

"The next day we felt stupid. Our coach talked to us and punished those who deserved it the most. I was one of them.

"We have to draw a conclusion from this incident, so as to avoid such a situation in future."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Elchris » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:58 pm

Anyone seen this picture's yet...??

Happy people.....
Elchris

Postby A.B. » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:09 pm

Most papers now seem to saying that Bellamy threatened to hit Riise, and not actually beat him hence the no bruises or injuries to his legs.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Marianne » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:51 pm

he did have bruises on his legs tho!!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:17 pm

Marianne wrote:he did have bruises on his legs tho!!

???  where abouts?
He hasnt got no bruises atall and if the truth be known he never even hit him.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:19 pm

Bad Bob wrote:My litmus test is this: if he travels to Barca, he didn't do much and this is a tempest in a teacup. 

what a bizarre sentence :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:26 pm

Bad Bob wrote:if he travels to Barca, he didn't do much

Well he left with the squad from JLA earlier today so if he had have battered Riise with a golf club, he would not be on that plane no chance.
:)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion