Bellamy and pennant. - Risk?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:18 am

Yes they are both a risk but a risk at the moment worth taking, craig is going to score goals for us this year and lets face it Pennant will supply a lot of them. Lets get to the end of September and see where we are then with these two players
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:41 am

Bellamy has proven throughout his EPL career that he is a real nuiscence to defenders and is very good at running at defenders and has a good scoring record despite playing for teams which are not so good, these qualities which Cisse lacks in abundance, especially in the EPL. Cisse is better off playing and scoring against those mickey mouse teams in the French league. I don't regard Bellamy as a serious ris, his so-called "off-field antics" looked angellic compared to the likes of Lee Bowyer or Joey Barton and he does not have any on-field antics, as far as I can recall.

Jermain Pennant is more of a risk. He has to date largely failed to deliver the promise his touted talents should be delivering until he came to Birmingham and looked their best player in a very poor team. This is his last chance at a big club and apparently, he is also aware of it so I think he will try a bit harder.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:28 am

Gonzo had a bit of a problem at the end of the season with a trip to Ireland with Chile. There has been no mention about that either (even though there is nothing wrong with sharing three hot chicks with your National Team Captain at 3am at the Hotel after a hard day's work :D )

Risks are part and parcel of the game, but Rafa would know the risks involved more so than his predecessor (Diouf et all)
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby koro » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:16 am

bellamy - pennat rocks!!!!!!!
koro

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:42 pm

0asis wrote:I was talking to a lot of fans I know (who support different clubs) and they reckon that Pennant and Bellamy will destory the atmosphere of our dressing room. Whilst many of them except that they are player of good ability and some of the fans believe we have a great chance of winning the league. They say it will come at a heavy price and our reputation may well be tarnished from them playing for us. I can see their point whilst I wanted both of them to come to Liverpool and I said it didn't matter about their off the pitch lifestyle which I don't but is there a risk that it will end up creeping into their football and Liverpool football club? We're also a club with little money from what I've heard and we've spent almost £13million on both of them, is it worth it?

Thoughts Please.

They mightnt have a clean track record but both of them hate to lose with a vengeance and we need players in our team with that sort of attitude as it will rub off on the rest of the squad.  Rafa has made some unusual signings(i.e Crouch) but he knows what hes doing, hes had criticism over some of his buys but he soon silences those critics.
82-1074641017

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:43 pm

0asis wrote:I was talking to a lot of fans I know (who support different clubs) and they reckon that Pennant and Bellamy will destory the atmosphere of our dressing room. Whilst many of them except that they are player of good ability and some of the fans believe we have a great chance of winning the league. They say it will come at a heavy price and our reputation may well be tarnished from them playing for us. I can see their point whilst I wanted both of them to come to Liverpool and I said it didn't matter about their off the pitch lifestyle which I don't but is there a risk that it will end up creeping into their football and Liverpool football club? We're also a club with little money from what I've heard and we've spent almost £13million on both of them, is it worth it?

Thoughts Please.

They mightnt have a clean track record but both of them hate to lose with a vengeance and we need players in our team with that sort of attitude as it will rub off on the rest of the squad.  Rafa has made some unusual signings(i.e Crouch) but he knows what hes doing, hes had criticism over some of his buys but he soon silences those critics.
82-1074641017

Postby buxxy » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:45 pm

i don't think there is any risk with these too there both top class players and there at there top of there game :D :D
buxxy

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion