Bellamy the scapegoat

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:44 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:if he travels to Barca, he didn't do much

Well he left with the squad from JLA earlier today so if he had have battered Riise with a golf club, he would not be on that plane no chance.
:)

Exactly.  This "attack" on Riise looks more and more like paper talk.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pedro Maradona » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:54 pm

all a load of rubbish, they missed curfew and jar and bellamy had a pop at each other, no big deal!  there was nothing for the papers to write about that week so they made a mountain out of a molehill. As for the some of the "judge and jury, bellamy is guilty coz he has previous" attacks on Craig Bellamy on this website ever before any facts at all were out in the open were a disgrace and its  the reason why bad journalists are able to sell papers to gullible people.
Dont be so quick to judge people until you know the full facts i say!
Pedro Maradona

Postby skipper » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:01 am

A.B. wrote:Most papers now seem to saying that Bellamy threatened to hit Riise, and not actually beat him hence the no bruises or injuries to his legs.

I've been wondering myself how a player can be beaten on the legs with a golf club but be healthy and training.  ???

The media definitely blew this out of proportion.  The lads will probably be distracted by the whole thing.  However, Rafa will have them focused and ready to go on Wednesday.  :nod
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:07 am

Ok OK If Bellamy travelled with the other lads then I guess it can't have been as serious as it at first seemed, those pictures look so staged though :-)

Anyway lets forget about all of this and focus on Barcelona.
heimdall

Postby kazza » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:07 am

Bad Bob wrote:My litmus test is this: if he travels to Barca, he didn't do much and this is a tempest in a teacup.  If he's left in Liverpool, the incident with Riise was more serious.

I think he could well travel and still not be used as Raffa will probably play 4-5-1. The true litmus test will come on Saturday as Raffa will probably want to play three attackers against Sheffield.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:06 pm

Im with A.B. on this one. It doesn't add up. Bellamy has matured and doesn't want to vblow his chance at Liverpool. Its bullshít.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Marianne » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:59 am

if bellamy and riise had been out of thelineup-where wud all the goals have come from?!!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby Pedro Maradona » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:52 pm

fair play to the "nutter with the putter" he scored one and set the other one up for golfball to finish it! lol:p
Pedro Maradona

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:08 pm

The fact that he played should put this matter to bed.  It was certainly paper talk as there is no chance in hell that Rafa would have brought him, let alone started him, had he actually assaulted Riise.  It had to have been handbags and nothing more...the kind of stuff the goes on at every training ground in the country week in, week out.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:54 pm

It had to have been handbags and nothing more...the kind of stuff the goes on at every training ground in the country week in, week out.

It could have been anything and not necessarily fighting related. Rafa seemed quite disciplined, if they reached late to the hotel, or simply they made too much noise the punnishment could come. If he played, I know it has nothing to do with an Aggression.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:39 pm

It should be put to bed now, whatever happened will im sure surface at some time, as for last night the team looked excellent so let's hope they keep it up.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lio » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:03 pm

ASTON VILLA boss Martin O'Neill has been told he can sign Liverpool's bad boy striker Craig Bellamy this summer.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=exclusive%2D-benitez-will-accept-villa%2Ds-summer-bid-for-bellamy%26method=full%26objectid=18732271%26siteid=89520-name_page.html

Why do this now?? Sh*t.
Not when we need no dent whatsoever to our team moral in such critical period.
Should have kept this till end of season for goodness sake.
:angry:
lio

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:06 pm

Bellamy is critical to our anticipated success in teh CL - running defenses ragged and kicking some @ss. LFC should sue the Mirror to put a stop to this gutter journalism.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:13 pm

No quotes in that article.

Poor journalism
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion