Bellamy as good as gone - Plus new wingers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:22 pm

After that press conference Rafa all but confirmed Bellamy will be leaving.
Strong rumours going around he is heading for West Ham, if so and Rafa still wants Benyoun be a swap for cash I imagine.
Or maybe he will go back to Blackburn so MGP or David Bentley?
MGP blows a bit hot and cold me, but Bentley has come on in leaps and bounds I think he would be a great addition to the squad.

Rafa said we are looking to bring in wingers who do you lot think we will buy, Alves, Simao, Mancini or that Malouda?
Or an unkown from abroad?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:35 pm

I just hope we don't end up loaning Bellamy out to Blackburn or Bolton :(
account deleted by request

Postby Elchris » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:53 pm

I would prefer that he goes to blackburn in exchange of davod bentley.... crosses  in fantastic balls and scored magnificent goal....!! I would over the top if we manage to pull it off... cause sooner or later he's going to move on to a bigger club
Elchris

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:01 pm

Did Rafa say that he's leaving and that's all?

One of the rumours of the press is that he didn't have a good relationship with Rafa, I wonder if the golf club's incident had to do with this farewell, or it has been just a football wise decission.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:14 pm

When asked if he was happy to have Bellamy is as a Liverpool player, and if he were in his plans, Rafa simply replied:

"I am happy to have Torres" with a grin on his face.

Craig's a gonna, just as Ciggy's said.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:22 pm

BBC site elaborates on this...

Benitez hints at exit for Bellamy

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has placed a major doubt over striker Craig Bellamy's future at the club.

Benitez has added Fernando Torres to his squad and now has five strikers with Bellamy, Peter Crouch, Dirk Kuyt and fellow new signing Andriy Voronin.

Asked, at the unveiling of Torres, if he was happy the player was at the club and part of his plans, Benitez said: "Are you talking about Torres?"

Told Bellamy was the subject, he said: "I'm really happy with Torres here."

He added: "We have some clubs asking about Bellamy and it's a possibility.

"He knows my idea. He is our player at the moment and we will see what happens in the future.

We have some names. We are especially looking for wingers

"It is clear we have new players here and then it could be more difficult for some of the players.

"The only thing I can say is that Crouch will be staying with us. I have said to Crouch that he must fight for his position and he will stay with us."

Striker Djibril Cisse is already close to the exit door as he is set to be sold to Marseille.

Benitez played down a move for Manchester United left-back Gabriel Heinze and instead insisted he was trying to sign new wingers.

The Reds boss believes he needs to add to the signing of Torres to help his side challenge for the Premiership title.

"It is clear we need to improve to be contenders. You will ask if we can fight for the title with Torres. I think we need something more," he said.

"It is clear we will improve with Fernando but if we can find other players good enough I think we will have better balance.

"When you talk about the Premier League you talk about nine months and you need a big squad.

"We have some names. We are especially looking for wingers."
ivor_the_injun

Postby hunterz » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:23 pm

ballamy has to go..we have enough striker..bring in Simao..
hunterz

Postby kazza » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:47 pm

hunterz wrote:ballamy has to go..we have enough striker..bring in Simao..

I'd rather have Mancini.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:48 pm

Mancini...Vicente...Quaresma...Alves...D.Silva (just signed a new contract).. Malouda (whatever)... Juaquin (not going to happen)
any 2 of the above would be brilliant signings... i think if we can get atleast one of them we'd be a much better side... my preference is ofcourse mancini but vicente, quaresma and dani alves are all realistic targets imo.... any of wouldnt cost more than 20mill imo...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:39 pm

Sabre wrote:Did Rafa say that he's leaving and that's all?

Is that a new rumour sabre - `Rafa´s leaving´  ??   :eyebrow
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hunterz » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:44 pm

aCe' wrote:Mancini...Vicente...Quaresma...Alves...D.Silva (just signed a new contract).. Malouda (whatever)... Juaquin (not going to happen)
any 2 of the above would be brilliant signings... i think if we can get atleast one of them we'd be a much better side... my preference is ofcourse mancini but vicente, quaresma and dani alves are all realistic targets imo.... any of wouldnt cost more than 20mill imo...

Which means we cant get any of them this season.. :Oo:
hunterz

Postby hunterz » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:45 pm

we need someone with pace,flair and excellant vision in our wingers,if not wont do much of a difference..
hunterz

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:38 pm

Sabre wrote:Did Rafa say that he's leaving and that's all?

One of the rumours of the press is that he didn't have a good relationship with Rafa, I wonder if the golf club's incident had to do with this farewell, or it has been just a football wise decission.

It's been my opinion that no matter what the relationship has appeared to be between Rafa and Bellamy since the 'Golf club' incident, Rafa has decided that it was just one step too far. IIRC when Bellamy was signed and much was made of his troublesome past Rafa said something along the lines that Bellamy had a clean record coming to Liverpool and had to take his chance. I wonder whether or not having given him that chance he feels that Bellamy is just taking the piss by acting like this and he's not gonna stand for it.

Rafa has shown many times that he's prepared to be ruthless when it come to shipping players out that aren't delivering - Josemi, Kromkamp, Nunez & Morientes - to name a few and I think we are gonna see Bellamy go the same way.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:45 pm

I also think Bellamy will leave but I think he has been good for us on the field but I seem to be the only one that thinks so.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:25 pm

-slurp-

"Dammm that bwudddy Fewannndooo Towesssss!!!!"

-slurp-
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project