Bellamy charged

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stew_the_red » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:05 pm

redsince2001 wrote:The Life And Strife Of Craig Bellamy...
Tuesday June 20 2006
By Chris Quirke and Sarah Winterburn

With a likely move to Liverpool coming soon, Football365 looks at the good, but more the bad, of Craig Bellamy. From throwing chairs in airports to smacking women. What a lovely, lovely chap he is...

Email Us Chat Forum
Mail article Print article

* Bellamy started his career with Norwich. Rumour has it that his teammates used to lock him in a cupboard because he was so annoying.

* At the age of 16, Bellamy became the fifth youngest Welshman to play for the Wales Under-21 side.

* He joined Coventry for £6.5m in 2000 from Norwich only to leave for Newcastle after Coventry were relegated in the same season he joined them - Bellamy's six goals failing to keep the Sky Blues in the Premiership.

* Bellamy was sent home in disgrace from a club trip to Spain in November 2001 after going out drinking with Kieron Dyer, Carl Cort and Andy Griffin when he was supposed to be at a club dinner honouring chairman Sir John Hall.

* The 22-year-old Bellamy assaulted a female student outside a nightclub in Newcastle - hitting her in the face when she tried to get in Kieron Dyer's car - and was cautioned after admitting the offence. He was fined a massive £750.

* On the pitch Bellamy was given a three-match ban after headbutting Dynamo Kiev defender Tiberiu Ghioane in the face.

* The much more mature 23-year-old Craig Bellamy was accused of racially abusing an Asian bouncer in Jongleurs club, Cardiff in March 2003. He was thrown out of the club, down the stairs, and was given a severe warning by Toon chairman Freddy Shepherd. Newspaper reports suggested he had called the bouncer a "f***ing Paki" and a "Paki c***", but he was never charged.

* Bellamy threw a chair at Newcastle coach John Carver at an airport in March 2004 during a furious row about car parking.

* In October 2004 Bellamy was substituted by Graeme Souness and responded with a four-letter foulmouthed tirade. It was caught on camera. Later the same month, Souness and Bellamy squared up during a training-ground bust-up which ended with the Scot dragging the little Welshman into the gymnasium.

* Then in January 2005 came the big bust-up, Souness accusing Bellamy of feigning injury to get out of playing out of position. Bellamy went on TV and accused his boss of 'lying', prompting Souness to claim he would never play for Toon again.

* In January 2005 Bellamy went on loan to Celtic for half a season, scoring seven goals in 12 league matches.

* Sent a text message saying 'I am Craig Bellamy and I don’t sign for s*** football clubs' to Shepherd when he tried to sell him to Birmingham for £6m.

* Bellamy was accused of sending Alan Shearer nasty text messages - including one saying 'You couldn’t even kiss my a**e' after Newcastle’s 4-1 defeat to Manchester United in the FA Cup semi-final.

* In the summer of 2005 Bellamy surprisingly teamed up with former Welsh international coach, Mark Hughes, at Blackburn Rovers, dismissing Champions League qualifiers Everton, who showed a keen interest in the striker.

* Bellamy had to cut short his honeymoon this summer - he got married to his childhood sweetheart earlier this month despite being the subject of various kiss-and-tells over the years - as he had to attend a police station in connection with an assault on a girl at a Cardiff nightclu

Seems like a right pr1ck, not things to get happy about.

As long as he keeps his nose clean from now on there isnt a problem.
stew_the_red

Postby corsocomo » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:38 am

I don't think any of ya who condone his actions would be happy if ya were a Pakistani. Say NO to racism guys. ???
corsocomo

Postby Mark 23 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:19 am

I think our dressing room won't tolerate that type of behaviour, but you have to worry about what he might be like in a city with the nightlife that Liverpool has, and there are some unsavory people out there.
Mark 23

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:36 am

Well it strikes me that some people will believe anything.

Has the S*n not taught you anything, people!?!

THE MEDIA LIES.  :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:36 am

Mark 23 wrote:I think our dressing room won't tolerate that type of behaviour, but you have to worry about what he might be like in a city with the nightlife that Liverpool has, and there are some unsavory people out there.

Lando I think he means YOU  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Mark 23 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:08 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Well it strikes me that some people will believe anything.

I know that the media lies, but apparently Bellamy sent messages to Alan Shearer after they got beat in the semi's saying your too slow, etc.

Seems like a bit of a character.
Mark 23

Postby liverpool5times » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:07 pm

`Ya Bellamy has had alot of very terrible moments but I think Benitez and Gerrard will sort him or else he will be out of Liverpool.
liverpool5times

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:14 pm

Sounds like he texts a lot :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:19 pm

Mark 23 wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Well it strikes me that some people will believe anything.

I know that the media lies, but apparently Bellamy sent messages to Alan Shearer after they got beat in the semi's saying your too slow, etc.

Seems like a bit of a character.

Someone told shearer he was now too slow!!

I bet he never saw that coming
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:19 pm

I think people have to give the lad a chance at least, his latest court case was over something that happened at the begining of the year ?
People have got to judge him on his performances more so than his social life. If he performs week in week out, he can go round steeling hub caps off of cars in his spare time for all I care. But if it starts to get to serious and out of hand Rafa will have to ask him to pull his neck in. :D  sorry couldnt resist.
Bman

Postby GunGod » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:01 pm

Here's a host of Bellamy related articles.

1: From a soccernet writer proclaiming him as the best buy of last season before we signed him.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns....cc=4716

2: Bellamy proclaiming his love for Liverpool

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=373870&cc=4716

3: Rafa insists Bellamy is a no-risk signing

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=373902&cc=4716

Note that Rafa said "Craig is a more complete player than Djibril Cisse and he is perfect for the English game."

Seems like its confirmed Rafa really really really don't like Cisse.

:D
GunGod

Postby Penguins » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:10 pm

redsince2001 wrote:The Life And Strife Of Craig Bellamy...
Tuesday June 20 2006
By Chris Quirke and Sarah Winterburn

With a likely move to Liverpool coming soon, Football365 looks at the good, but more the bad, of Craig Bellamy. From throwing chairs in airports to smacking women. What a lovely, lovely chap he is...

Email Us Chat Forum
Mail article Print article

* Bellamy started his career with Norwich. Rumour has it that his teammates used to lock him in a cupboard because he was so annoying.

* At the age of 16, Bellamy became the fifth youngest Welshman to play for the Wales Under-21 side.

* He joined Coventry for £6.5m in 2000 from Norwich only to leave for Newcastle after Coventry were relegated in the same season he joined them - Bellamy's six goals failing to keep the Sky Blues in the Premiership.

* Bellamy was sent home in disgrace from a club trip to Spain in November 2001 after going out drinking with Kieron Dyer, Carl Cort and Andy Griffin when he was supposed to be at a club dinner honouring chairman Sir John Hall.

* The 22-year-old Bellamy assaulted a female student outside a nightclub in Newcastle - hitting her in the face when she tried to get in Kieron Dyer's car - and was cautioned after admitting the offence. He was fined a massive £750.

* On the pitch Bellamy was given a three-match ban after headbutting Dynamo Kiev defender Tiberiu Ghioane in the face.

* The much more mature 23-year-old Craig Bellamy was accused of racially abusing an Asian bouncer in Jongleurs club, Cardiff in March 2003. He was thrown out of the club, down the stairs, and was given a severe warning by Toon chairman Freddy Shepherd. Newspaper reports suggested he had called the bouncer a "f***ing Paki" and a "Paki c***", but he was never charged.

* Bellamy threw a chair at Newcastle coach John Carver at an airport in March 2004 during a furious row about car parking.

* In October 2004 Bellamy was substituted by Graeme Souness and responded with a four-letter foulmouthed tirade. It was caught on camera. Later the same month, Souness and Bellamy squared up during a training-ground bust-up which ended with the Scot dragging the little Welshman into the gymnasium.

* Then in January 2005 came the big bust-up, Souness accusing Bellamy of feigning injury to get out of playing out of position. Bellamy went on TV and accused his boss of 'lying', prompting Souness to claim he would never play for Toon again.

* In January 2005 Bellamy went on loan to Celtic for half a season, scoring seven goals in 12 league matches.

* Sent a text message saying 'I am Craig Bellamy and I don’t sign for s*** football clubs' to Shepherd when he tried to sell him to Birmingham for £6m.

* Bellamy was accused of sending Alan Shearer nasty text messages - including one saying 'You couldn’t even kiss my a**e' after Newcastle’s 4-1 defeat to Manchester United in the FA Cup semi-final.

* In the summer of 2005 Bellamy surprisingly teamed up with former Welsh international coach, Mark Hughes, at Blackburn Rovers, dismissing Champions League qualifiers Everton, who showed a keen interest in the striker.

* Bellamy had to cut short his honeymoon this summer - he got married to his childhood sweetheart earlier this month despite being the subject of various kiss-and-tells over the years - as he had to attend a police station in connection with an assault on a girl at a Cardiff nightclu

This just makes him an instant hero in my book  :D
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:55 am

n England
Bellamy nervous over new Liverpool career

Reuters

Craig Bellamy says he is nervous about playing for Liverpool because he fears being rated as a failure at Anfield. The Welsh international signed for his boyhood heroes in a £6 million transfer from Blackburn last month and marked his debut with a goal against Wrexham in a friendly yesterday.

"I am nervous because I don't want to come here and not be a success," he told reporters.

"I don't want to come here and say I had Liverpool on my CV and that's it. I want to be remembered as a big player for this club."

Bellamy is a controversial figure having been forced to leave Newcastle following a row with then manager Graeme Souness in 2004.

After a short spell on loan at Celtic, he resurrected his career at Blackburn last season under the guidance of his former Welsh international manager Mark Hughes.

"I know Mark was disappointed that I left," he added. "But he knows how I feel about Liverpool.

"I have worked hard for this and have always believed an opportunity like this would come along for me."

Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez does not expect any problems from Bellamy.

"We know about his problems," he said. "But he is more mature now and he knows how important it is to focus on his football.

"Sometimes you have to say we know about the past and the future is more important. This was a good opportunity for us because the price was good for the English market."

Liverpool also unveiled Chilean winger Mark Gonzalez following his move to Anfield. He was finally awarded a work permit last month after being forced to play on loan at Real Sociedad for a season when his move to Liverpool was put on hold.

"Real Sociedad wanted me to stay but the next step for me was always Liverpool," Gonzalez told reporters.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:49 pm

Wales facing Bellamy trial blow
source
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion