Why's zenden being made the scapegoat?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby grayghost » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:20 pm

The reason Zenden seems to be getting most of the stick is because he was the player who saw most of the ball but failed to put in a telling cross  smart pass ur shoot. He just was not good enough for us and never was. Should have played SG left and played are best player at the moment in Pennant on the right.
grayghost

Postby Stu.Murph » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:23 pm

grayghost wrote:The reason Zenden seems to be getting most of the stick is because he was the player who saw most of the ball but failed to put in a telling cross  smart pass ur shoot. He just was not good enough for us and never was. Should have played SG left and played are best player at the moment in Pennant on the right.

The first part of your post is good. The second part is rubbish.

Steven Gerrard is always our best player and probably always will be while he's here and I disagree he should have played on the left.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
grayghost wrote:The reason Zenden seems to be getting most of the stick is because he was the player who saw most of the ball but failed to put in a telling cross  smart pass ur shoot. He just was not good enough for us and never was. Should have played SG left and played are best player at the moment in Pennant on the right.

Steven Gerrard is always our best player and probably always will be while he's here and I disagree he should have played on the left.

I agree SG is are best player but i think he could have been just as good on the left and that would have allowed Pennant who has been are most in form player of late to get down that right hand side and get some balls in to dangerous areas. Zenden saw more of the ball than any player on are team and wasted it almost every time. Would have SG done the same no he would not. and yes it is not his best position but Zenden was a liablity we could have done with out
grayghost

Postby timmit » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:48 pm

Bolo Zenden is simply not good enough to play for a team that has ambition to be champions of Europe.

Zenden did not have a good game on Wednesday but its fair to say he wasnt the worst. His biggest problem is that other players who build up a collection of good games are given some slack when the odd bad games come along because of the good things they have done previously.

Against PSV at home Zenden was a joke, failing to beat his man regularly, when he was in space he looked to hide behind an opponent and that shows to me that he has very little self belief left.

Zenden is made a scapegoat because he has no "credits" left with the fans.

The most worrying thing was that if he was the best we have down the left side, we can forget about the final this year
We are the champions, champions of Europe
timmit

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:57 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I'm getting a bit p*ssed off with saying this:

Just because Xabi wasn't on top of his game, it doesn't mean he had a shocker!

Open your f*cking eyes you imbeciles - actually LOOK at what he does for the team, THEN judge.

If you still think he played sh*t - learn more about the game. :no

Well said! :nod
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:00 pm

To be fair to Zenden his best position is no longer on the wing or left midfield. It was only when he moved inside a boro' that he began to play well. How well would Xabi have played if he had been stuck on the wing?

Having said that Zenden is not good enough for us central mid, wing or in fkn goal!
account deleted by request

Postby Rafa D » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:47 pm

timmit wrote:Against PSV at home Zenden was a joke, failing to beat his man regularly, when he was in space he looked to hide behind an opponent and that shows to me that he has very little self belief left.

I wouldn't know  :laugh:  about the above.

Sorry just re-read your post and I am wrong. You pleb
Last edited by Rafa D on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:09 pm

zenden's best has just finished
his was a top player when being in barca, and it was some while ago
having seen his display against portsmouth, i think he has to go next season, he's not good enough anymore, nuff said
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby 99-1177832629 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:50 am

i think hith hair ith too long.it geth in hith eyeth all the time and thith ith why he cant go patht playerth.if he had a thort back and thideth i think he would be a vewy good player.
99-1177832629

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:26 am

grayghost wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:

I agree SG is are best player but i think he could have been just as good on the left and that would have allowed Pennant who has been are most in form player of late to get down that right hand side and get some balls in to dangerous areas. Zenden saw more of the ball than any player on are team and wasted it almost every time. Would have SG done the same no he would not. and yes it is not his best position but Zenden was a liablity we could have done with out

Zenden should never have been signed - freebie or otherwise. He certainly should not have started on the left, one of two players who were always going to take flak for their parts in the away leg (Bellamy the other) Has Zenden's crossing ever been up to scratch for us? Or for anyone? I seem to recall Boro fans saying he's no good crossing

Have we all forgotten that Riise can play left-midfield and his surging runs and powerful shots added to his less than convincing defensive abilities suggest he is better LM than some of our options and arguably better LM than LB? Failing that I'd have played Gonzalez on the left and just prayed he had a good game, more chance with him than Zenden in a position Zenden doesn't like playing. Wake up Zolo, you'll never secure a place in the middle ahead of Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Mascherano and Sissoko.

Gerrard playing on the right wasn't the worst move, he could always move inside and Pennant hasn't been most convincing either. He certainly should not play regularly on the left or indeed in a big game like this, although fair enough Chelsea's left-back is less easy to beat than their right-back so there are merits to the suggestion.

Trouble is Rafa brought in quantity this season but arguably not much quality and we're paying the price of not sorting the problems out properly. It may get resolved in the summer as some of the fees banded about for some of Rafa's reported targets should now be less of an issue than before. We need to be very wary, this season is heading towards being a relative failure and to attract top names you need to show a bit more than we may end up with

Premiership : 3rd or 4th (if we're not careful)
Champions League : SF?
League Cup : QF
FA Cup : 3rd Round
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Wed May 02, 2007 7:07 am

Stu.Murph wrote:

He hit the inside of the bar twice against Chelsea this season when he played on the left and played one of his best games of the season.  We came away with an unfair loss and people say Rafa got it wrong.

I think that the main reason that Gerrard doesnt play on the left more often is becasue his game suits the right side partnership of Finnan much more.  Finnan is a great make-shift winger as Alonso drops back slightly to cover him.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed May 02, 2007 8:51 am

It's only fair after my sustained criticism of Zenden to point out that I think he had a decent game last night (UK time). It took bottle to take the first penalty and fair play to the bloke, he did a good job.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby duk » Wed May 02, 2007 11:31 am

What a game that boy had last night, what if he had missed the first penalty? a big smack in the balls for our hopes, he took on the pressure and started a great shoot-out!

Hit the bar against pompey, and wasn't too far away from a goal last night
Was winning free-kicks and corners all night

He gets alot of unfair critism and i believe now deserves a bit of praise, he did well last night
duk

Postby Sabre » Wed May 02, 2007 11:35 am

What a game that boy had last night, what if he had missed the first penalty? a big smack in the balls for our hopes, he took on the pressure and started a great shoot-out!

He cut a couple of counterattacks aswell, I think he got a yellow for one of them. All the yellows should be like that one, with a purpose.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed May 02, 2007 11:44 am

When he stepped up for the peno last night it reminded me of Smicer in the CL Final in Istanbul.

He's not at our desired level and will probably leave in the summer, but he is the complete profressional.

Well Done Bolo Lad.

Athens here we come!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion