Bellamy/riise fracas?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:20 pm

I really don't understand all the fuss. We know Bellamy has a temper and like other have said Benitez knew this when he signed him.

From todays newspaper photos it seems like they have made up so lets all forget about it and focus on the game.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:51 pm

It's not a proper lads holiday if you don't kick off with each other at least once!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FRfanatic » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:56 pm

davo_LFC wrote:Something went on between bellamy and riise but its been blown out of all proportion by the media as per usual and it looks like bellamy is the scapegoat. 6-7 players were involved in breaking the curfew, their getting fined which is the least they deserve, bellamy and riise have kissed and made up, its been dealt with by the club now lets move the fu.ck on and concentrate on the biggest game of the season...

Well put
FRfanatic

Postby 83-1171708240 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:09 pm

It would seem this event (if you can honestly call it an event) has been blown out of all proportion by the tabloid press and a lot of football fans. It would seem as though there was some confrontation between Riise and Bellamy, but who cares? We have all a little squabble now and then, you wouldn’t be human if you didn’t. The media portray Bellamy as Mad Frankie Fraser, which is somewhat amusing. It would also seem that some of the lads got a bit ratarsed, again who cares? The media wanted a story and they got one, lets just move on and concentrate on the prospect of showing Barcelona a football lesson.
83-1171708240

Postby Pedro Maradona » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:27 pm

davo_LFC wrote:Something went on between bellamy and riise but its been blown out of all proportion by the media as per usual and it looks like bellamy is the scapegoat. 6-7 players were involved in breaking the curfew, their getting fined which is the least they deserve, bellamy and riise have kissed and made up, its been dealt with by the club now lets move the fu.ck on and concentrate on the biggest game of the season...

here here! common sense at last....
Pedro Maradona

Postby hello_red » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:13 pm

well im not believeing  anything the tabloids say! theres a reason they have boobs and celebrity love affiars thrown about the there newspapers... its to sell copies!

dirty lying scum the lot of em.

and on the bellamy vs riise thing, there is no way bellamy would attack a fellow liverpool player with a golf club over a go of kareoke.

:veryangry
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby hello_red » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:13 pm

well im not believeing  anything the tabloids say! theres a reason they have boobs and celebrity love affiars thrown about the there newspapers... its to sell copies!

and on the bellamy vs riise thing, there is no way bellamy would attack a fellow liverpool player with a golf club over a go of kareoke.

hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:34 pm

hello_red wrote:well im not believeing  anything the tabloids say! theres a reason they have boobs and celebrity love affiars thrown about the there newspapers... its to sell copies!

Mmm...well thats not what his mum says?.......he has spoken to her over the phone to norway listen dont believe for one minute that bellamy is as white as snow there has defo been some sort of "rumble in the portuguese jungle" and the likes of fowler and pennant dont need to much encouragment to join in either,,,dont paint them as saints...cos they aint...its just the thing we didn't need with the Barca game coming up. :oh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:46 pm

look on lfc.tv ---there's pictures of everyone having a laugh 'n' joke in training at melwood today... including bellamy + riise
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:52 pm

i'm not sure what to make of this....somethings happened, thats obvious, because why has Rafa come out and said he's going to punish people whohave abused his trust??

just have to wait and see.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:52 pm

god forbid i should try to see a bit of good in bellamy and :censored: in the rags! get a grip!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Micky6Cups » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:17 pm

hello_red wrote:god forbid i should try to see a bit of good in bellamy and :censored: in the rags! get a grip!

exactly- something obviously went on, but thats what happens when a load of fellas go away.

I remember Fowler said in his book about Razor Ruddock busting his nose on a plane over a pair of shoes or something.

The whole thing is best summed up for me in the line "Riise has a blockbusting shot" like that was a direct quote.
Micky6Cups

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:58 pm

The details on just what went on are quite murky and I think there's a fair amount of tabloid muckraking going on.  That said, something must have happened, which is an unfortunate end to a positive week in Portugal. 

My feeling is that Bellamy's no choir boy so this is the kind of stuff you'll get with him every so often.  As long as he responds in the proper way to Rafa's (presumed) dressing down and does what he's capable of on the pitch, I'm not bothered too much.  Notice needs to be served, though, that a repeat performance will not be tolerated.

Beyond Bellamy, I'm disappointed that other players--Pennant especially, given his past indiscretions--were guilty of curfew violations.  I've no problem with an evening out for the players but this disciplinary distraction is not welcome this close to perhaps our biggest match of the season.  A few of the lads have let themselves down.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby kopite_1232002 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:01 am

i dont think peopel understand. there not machines there human like me and evey one else .there bound to go out on the lash and argue with each other its only natural
kopite_1232002

Postby 83-1171708240 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:33 pm

I hear that this particular incident was leaked to the press by a unknown source in our club who has some gears to grind with Bellamy, apparently Bellamy is being forced out of the club. I feel for Bellamy he has built up this reputation that anyone can leak a story about him and it’s almost believable. It would be ashame to lose him in the summer, I like him, he’s a fantastic talent and I’m pretty sure nothing remotely violent happened between Riise and Bellamy, it was probably just a few drunken insults exchanged between the pair. Hopefully this blooming story will die out and burst in to an alluring light of flashes and extinguish into a mysterious black velvet blanket of golden stars of the sun.
83-1171708240

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion