Bellamy/riise fracas?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:53 pm

Swindon wrote:I hear that this particular incident was leaked to the press by a unknown source in our club who has some gears to grind with Bellamy, apparently Bellamy is being forced out of the club. I feel for Bellamy he has built up this reputation that anyone can leak a story about him and it’s almost believable. It would be ashame to lose him in the summer, I like him, he’s a fantastic talent and I’m pretty sure nothing remotely violent happened between Riise and Bellamy, it was probably just a few drunken insults exchanged between the pair. Hopefully this blooming story will die out and burst in to an alluring light of flashes and extinguish into a mysterious black velvet blanket of golden stars of the sun.

I really would not be bothered if Bellamy went at the end of the season, whether he is guilty or not, as long as the strikers Rafa brings in are an improvement.  Which shouldnt be that hard

I think all our forwsrds have underacheived.  You just have to look at the amount of atempts on goal we have compared to the amount of goals scored to see that none of our strikers have had a decent season... so far!

Im not big on stats, but Im sure if you had a look, we have had more attempts on goal than any one else.  But we are well short when it comes to how many goals scored this year.

And we all know what goals make...  points and championships!

Sorry this is a bit of a random post
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:45 pm

Benitez is about to do an interview concerning the "fracas" on SSN after the current ad break.

could be intereting
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Elchris » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:28 am

RIISE"S REVENGE  :p
Elchris

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:27 pm

According to my sources, John Arne Riise has recommended Craig Bellamy to Everton. Talking to Moyes, he says the Welshman's great at beating defenders, especially with small clubs.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:42 pm

Have been doing some sniffing around this over the last couple of days with some journo pals.

From what I can gather, there was an altercation between Bellamy and Riise. It was mainly hot air and got split up, but kicked off again later in the evening.

At that point Bellamy was brandishing a golf club, but he didn't break down any doors, and he didn't actually strike Riise with the club. Just sounds like he burst into a room, and wildly gesticulated with the club for a bit, before that argument also got split up.

Bit less impressive a story suddenly, isn't it? :angry:
ivor_the_injun

Postby azriahmad » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:13 pm

This "fracas" must be affecting Riise the most...he has been having a stinker of a game, totally caught napping in letting the wee Deco get a free header for the Barca goal, and guilty again of watching Deco get a free run into the penalty area. :angry:
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:59 pm

azriahmad wrote:This "fracas" must be affecting Riise the most...he has been having a stinker of a game, totally caught napping in letting the wee Deco get a free header for the Barca goal, and guilty again of watching Deco get a free run into the penalty area. :angry:

lol he did not do too bad in the end did he??
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:14 pm

I think Bellamy summed it up best:

"if it there was a problem, i wouldn't be playing here"
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:53 pm

Problem? what problem...........?

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:30 am

bellamy comes clean, from the bbc

Bellamy explains row with Riise

Rowing pair Bellamy and Riise made amends against Barcelona
Liverpool's Craig Bellamy has revealed how he "lost control" with team-mate John Arne Riise after a karaoke night on a team bonding trip to Portugal.

Bellamy, 27, confronted Riise with a golf club, but the pair made amends by scoring a goal each in Liverpool's Champions League win against Barcelona.

He told the Daily Mirror: "I lost control for a few seconds.

"John's been great about it really. Straight away next morning we were training together. There's no problem."

Bellamy, who was reportedly fined £80,000 by Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez after the incident, said: "It started when we were all doing a bit of karaoke. I only sang one song and that was Red, Red Wine by UB40.

"That was because Jerzy Dudek was drinking it. That's how silly it all was.

"A lot of the lads wanted Riise to get up there next because he hadn't turned up at the dinner earlier and I tried to get him up, too.

"I wasn't that bothered whether he wanted to sing or not so I sat back down but he wasn't too happy about me trying to get him to sing so he let me know about it.

"The situation was calmed down then but when I was walking back to the hotel with Steve Finnan, who I was rooming with, I lost control for a few seconds.

"I went and confronted 'Ginger' and I said to him 'don't be doing that in front of the players again'.

"And that was really about it. I didn't want to cause a scene in front of everybody else. I just wanted to talk to him about it alone."
112-1077774096

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:31 pm

peewee wrote:bellamy comes clean, from the bbc

Bellamy explains row with Riise

Rowing pair Bellamy and Riise made amends against Barcelona
Liverpool's Craig Bellamy has revealed how he "lost control" with team-mate John Arne Riise after a karaoke night on a team bonding trip to Portugal.

Bellamy, 27, confronted Riise with a golf club, but the pair made amends by scoring a goal each in Liverpool's Champions League win against Barcelona.

He told the Daily Mirror: "I lost control for a few seconds.

"John's been great about it really. Straight away next morning we were training together. There's no problem."

Bellamy, who was reportedly fined £80,000 by Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez after the incident, said: "It started when we were all doing a bit of karaoke. I only sang one song and that was Red, Red Wine by UB40.

"That was because Jerzy Dudek was drinking it. That's how silly it all was.

"A lot of the lads wanted Riise to get up there next because he hadn't turned up at the dinner earlier and I tried to get him up, too.

"I wasn't that bothered whether he wanted to sing or not so I sat back down but he wasn't too happy about me trying to get him to sing so he let me know about it.

"The situation was calmed down then but when I was walking back to the hotel with Steve Finnan, who I was rooming with, I lost control for a few seconds.

"I went and confronted 'Ginger' and I said to him 'don't be doing that in front of the players again'.

"And that was really about it. I didn't want to cause a scene in front of everybody else. I just wanted to talk to him about it alone."

Interesting but where does the golf club come into all of this?  ???

"Ginger"!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedBlood » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:34 pm

no mention of a golf club then
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion