Why's zenden being made the scapegoat?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby monkey 20 » Wed May 02, 2007 12:01 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:When he stepped up for the peno last night it reminded me of Smicer in the CL Final in Istanbul.

He's not at our desired level and will probably leave in the summer, but he is the complete profressional.

Well Done Bolo Lad.

Athens here we come!!

well said...

i wish bolo well because im certain he will be on his way out. what he did was right, he shows his experience of bein a great player once...wat a game and a penalty!!!
monkey 20

Postby whylongball? » Wed May 02, 2007 12:56 pm

i thought defensively he was quite good. apart from thatnothing else. BUt then agan everyone knows of his shortcomings(age probably). Should go end of season but  :bowdown for his attitude and professionalism.
And after the last night better wingers for both sides are really needed. Pennant was :censored: the whole game except maybe 1 cross for Crouch
whylongball?

Postby RedBlood » Wed May 02, 2007 12:58 pm

zenden is a top professional but he just isnt up to the liverpool standard
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush9 » Wed May 02, 2007 1:04 pm

he has been doing a didi factor .... even many of us not agree with it ...
Rush9

Postby Owzat » Wed May 02, 2007 1:06 pm

whylongball? wrote:i thought defensively he was quite good. apart from thatnothing else. BUt then agan everyone knows of his shortcomings(age probably). Should go end of season but  :bowdown for his attitude and professionalism.
And after the last night better wingers for both sides are really needed. Pennant was :censored: the whole game except maybe 1 cross for Crouch

Trouble is we need(ed) goals and his supply is too poor. Any player should be putting in the defensive efforts. He scored the first penalty but maybe with better crossing it wouldn't have come to that. Can't fault his effort defensively
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 02, 2007 1:18 pm

Sabre wrote:
What a game that boy had last night, what if he had missed the first penalty? a big smack in the balls for our hopes, he took on the pressure and started a great shoot-out!

He cut a couple of counterattacks aswell, I think he got a yellow for one of them. All the yellows should be like that one, with a purpose.

Did notice at that point he picked up the yellow he was suffering what looked like cramp. He knew he couldnt track back and pulled Lampard? down to stop a counter attack.

Fair play Bolo, like Rafa D said it was a proffesional performance and your penalty against "the best keeper in the world" was perfect.  :buttrock
66-1112520797

Postby stapo1000 » Wed May 02, 2007 1:51 pm

i would've gone for arbeloa at left full and riise left midfield. zenden cant take a player on and his crosses always drop to the first man. he was made to look average by a poor chelsea right back in ferreira. i'm not looking forward to hearing his name in the starting 11 for the final but it is inevitable unless kewell gets fit
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MASTER » Wed May 02, 2007 1:53 pm

he is a good player but not up to standard, so if he leaves it is no big deal besides he has only played recently, because kewell and garcia have been gone since january and that cursed game vs arsenal where garcia on as a sub did his knee jumping for the ball so its not like we have a overload in that position.

Plus kewell is possible for Fulham on Saturday and if gets through that he will play the CL Final, I reckon.
MASTER

Postby lio » Wed May 02, 2007 3:00 pm

:D :D :D
In here, most of us may have doubts oven Zenden, but our boss thinks otherwise …

RAFA BENITEZ paid tribute to his double Dutch masters last night – after Bolo Zenden and Dirk Kuyt started and finished the most riotously received penalty shoot-out in Anfield history.

Midfielder Zenden clinically converted the Reds’ opening spot-kick.But boss Rafa Benitez paid tribute to their all-round play as well as the penalty taking prowess.

“Some people don’t know how important Bolo Zenden is to us because he works really hard for the team and his mentality is really good,” he explained. “I decided that he would go up for the first penalty because we were practising in training this morning and he was very good. Robbie Fowler was down to take the fifth penalty because he was very good also.

“With Bolo I thought we would start with a really secure player.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv....ge.html
lio

Postby KOPMATT » Wed May 02, 2007 4:17 pm

I have to be honest I wasn't impressed either that Zenden was in the side again last night, however I thought he played well and worked his sox off for us and stuck his penalty away superbly, congratulations to the man i say! :)
KOPMATT

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 02, 2007 5:13 pm

That was Zenden playing at his absolute maximum for us last night so we can't really ask anything more from him.  Clearly, he's Smicer Mark II--an experienced hand who can be counted on to give his all and go about his job professionally but who is never going to be the one to settle a big match with a definitive bit of skill.  That said, fair play to the lad for that penalty--reminiscent of Hamann's versus the Hammers for power and placement.  I was bricking it when I saw he was up first but he did the business.

I'm sure he's off in the summer...let's just hope that, like Smicer before him, it's with a CL medal around his neck. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Thu May 03, 2007 2:24 pm

I think far too many people on here simply see the name on the back of a shirt and judge a performance on that, rather than what the player in the shirt actually done.

FWIW, I thought he was immense the other night. Provided an outlet all night, played some good passes, put in lots of tackles and probably covered more ground than anyone except Kuyt with chasing back and harrying. Played through extra time struggling with cramp, and still had the balls to take the first penalty in a european cup semi final under unbelievable pressure, and stuck it right in the side netting.

He deserves lots of praise for his performance imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Thu May 03, 2007 2:59 pm

I think he is rubbish but he does give it his all - reminds me of traore that way.

I think he offers nothing. What odds on Kewell coming back to play in another final and getting another undeserved medal?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion