LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA (PART 1) - All discussion here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:09 am

john craig wrote:
bigmick wrote:Distribution? Absolutely terrible, always has been so don't give the fecker the ball then.

I see where you're coming from with your defence of Traore bigmick, but I just don't rate the guy.

I just don't think you can ignore his poor distribution.  You can't just say don't give him the ball, because the reality is that in modern football defenders aren't just for defending, you need fullbacks who are at least competent with the ball at their feet and comfortable in possession.  Not being able to pass the ball is just not good enough from a fullback imo.

The most worrying thing about Traore though is how unsettling it must be for team-mates around him.  His positional play is atrocious.  His last ditch tackles might look good on tv, but let's ask ourselves why he has to make so many last ditch tackles, whereas Finnan on the other side of the field seems to stroll through games without having to make any.  Why?  Because Finnan knows his position inside-out and is very rarely caught out of position.

I'm firmly in the Warnock camp over this one.  He's more assured on the ball and a good passer.  He's also better at coming forward.  His positioning is not yet completely sound either, but he's a converted midfielder and he looks to be getting to be a better left back every time I watch him.

its a good job your not manager john, we'd have no one on the pitch to play.

Admittedly, traore left me concerned in the past, but his performances of late have got better and better. Much like the maligned biscan at the start, but i can see a quality defender emerging from the depths of early despair.

take a closer look at Traore now john craig, and you will see what i mean
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:49 am

Judge wrote:
john craig wrote:
bigmick wrote:Distribution? Absolutely terrible, always has been so don't give the fecker the ball then.

I see where you're coming from with your defence of Traore bigmick, but I just don't rate the guy.

I just don't think you can ignore his poor distribution.  You can't just say don't give him the ball, because the reality is that in modern football defenders aren't just for defending, you need fullbacks who are at least competent with the ball at their feet and comfortable in possession.  Not being able to pass the ball is just not good enough from a fullback imo.

The most worrying thing about Traore though is how unsettling it must be for team-mates around him.  His positional play is atrocious.  His last ditch tackles might look good on tv, but let's ask ourselves why he has to make so many last ditch tackles, whereas Finnan on the other side of the field seems to stroll through games without having to make any.  Why?  Because Finnan knows his position inside-out and is very rarely caught out of position.

I'm firmly in the Warnock camp over this one.  He's more assured on the ball and a good passer.  He's also better at coming forward.  His positioning is not yet completely sound either, but he's a converted midfielder and he looks to be getting to be a better left back every time I watch him.

its a good job your not manager john, we'd have no one on the pitch to play.

Admittedly, traore left me concerned in the past, but his performances of late have got better and better. Much like the maligned biscan at the start, but i can see a quality defender emerging from the depths of early despair.

take a closer look at Traore now john craig, and you will see what i mean

Once again a lack of football knowledge from the Judge :no

Why don't YOU go and watch Traore on a regular basis and come back and tell me that he is a 'quality defender'.

How would we have no one on the pitch to play if I was manager?  Because I pointed out that our left back had a poor game the other night??  Good analysis Judge :D
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:08 am

I thought Traore had a great game, it's not many defenders that can shut out robben and duff like that, and he's only young.

I wouldn't worry too much about distribution - that'll come with time - look at neville ffs, all he does is be solid.
AlanHansen

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion