LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA (PART 1) - All discussion here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:55 am

This will be the 6th meeting between the 2 under their respective Managers. The previous 5 have ended in Chelsea 3 wins, Liverpool 1 and 1 draw. All 5 games have been tight and have been decided over a 1 goal margin, only the Carling cup saw a total of 5 goals and that too was decided on a 1 goal margin.

This season Chelsea have let in 1 goal and Liverpool 2, this underlines the quality of both defenses which will have to be on their toes for Wednesday nights clash.

Apart from this being a big clash between two England teams this will also be somewhat of a rematch and a sense for revenge by Chelsea - even if the boys and Manager deny that.

-

Liverpool -

Quite a few players pick themselves here,

Reina in goal

Finnan, Hyypia, Carra and Warnok in defense

Alonso, Sissoko, Gerrard and Risse in MF

Garcia and Crouch upfront

Traore might come in for Warnok who I 'think' limped out of the last game.

I think Rafa will put out a 4-5-1 with Garcia drifting in as he has in the last 2 games which would make it a 4-4-1-1. Crouch will get the nod ahead of Cisse

Risse should get the nod ahead of Zenden who has looked poor of late. I would imagine Gerrard will be deployed on the right and asked to push up whenever he can.

One problem - Rafa will have to deploy Alonso-Gerrard-Sissoko on Lampard-Maka-Essien, man for man. This means the right side of the Liverpool MF might be exploited and thus Garcia will have to drop back a tad which will leave Crouch without any support.

Chelsea -

Del Horno is still injured but is expected to be fit for this game. However Jose might not rush him back and thus we might see Gallas on the left.

Cech in goal

Ferrera, Carvalho, Terry, Gallas in defense

Lampard, Maka, Essien in MF

Duff, Drogba, Robben upfront.

Robben is under observation for a thigh strain and if not fit will be replaced by Cole I presume.

Jose will go for a 4-5-1 which he has been switching to a 4-2-1-2-1 (dont ask me what that is!!) very often in defense and a 4-1-2-3 in attack.

However, I expect a slight defensive approach to begin with and we wont be in any hurry to attack.

-

Possession is key and both teams will look at passing it around the back and waiting for runs or open space.

Keepers will have to be at their best as any mistake will be immediately pounced by hungry attackers.

Majority of the battle will be in the MF and expect quite a few tackles flowing in.

--

I am not even thinking about the boring tag that has been put on English football and on both these teams, IMO both sets of players are quality and have the ability to play plesant football and spring devastating attacks.

Good luck and I look forward to a big night.

Cheers
Chelsea forever.

Postby darwisigila » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:23 am

i hope riise will be first eleven at Lm, sinama rm and garcia sub..pc & mo upfront but i don't think that will happen.....garcia = :censored:...rafa will trust him anyway
we will win this game and we gonna mourinho face like :censored:
darwisigila

Postby LFCNUTTER » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:46 am

Chelsea forever will you be going to the game wed & sun
LFCNUTTER

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:47 am

LFCNUTTER wrote:Chelsea forever will you be going to the game wed & sun

CF has never been to a game, i dont know why anyone gives him the time of day, just ignore his posts and hopefully he will foxtrot oscar
112-1077774096

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:50 am

chelsea forever.

we'll beat you in the champions league game, i'm convinced by it. don't ask me why. we're just a team that seems to perform out of our skin in european matches.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:53 am

I'd prefer we win the league game tbh, we need to start picking up points. But like you st mick I think we'll win the CL game, we are always up for it in Europe, and the Chelski players are still haunted by last year's match (just ask John Terry). The league game will probably be a draw as is the trend at the minute for us.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:03 am

stmike

TBH i think its a tough call. Both teams will be up for it and though it’s still the group stage and under normal circumstances should call for a more calculated and cautious approach, yet this is the kind of game where the boys are likely to go unto the pitch and do what they want to do, rather than what the manager tells them.

It will be tight, but it will fierce, it will be calculated, but there will be errors, its going to be a massive night and i cant wait for it all to begin.
Chelsea forever.

Postby drummerphil » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:20 am

Listen everyone just ignore this idiot
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:48 am

Will Xabi exact revenge on fatty Frank by studding the chubby tw*t in the ankle, snapping it like a twiglet?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:42 pm

I think it will be a draw, we wont need much motivation for this one and neither will chelsea after last year.And this time they have crespo who will be dying fo revenge too -Lol  :rasp bring it on maureen. I hope its a frustrating night for them
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:09 pm

I thinks it's rather fitting that Chelsea forever (a plastic glory supporter) is the one that comes here trying to justify his team.  A team i might add he's never seen who are from a city he's never been to.  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:21 pm

you know my feelings Kewell...... :angry:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:28 pm

you know my feelings Kewell...
:D

don't worry fella, he'll soon disapear after Wednesday night  :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:33 pm

peewee wrote:hopefully he will foxtrot oscar

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:39 pm

I dont think it will,for 7 hours yesterday virtually every member on here told him to feck himself off.Then you come back on here the day after and he still carrys on posting his views on our team,players and his opinion how football should be played...............it just isnt right is it........:)
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion