congratulations 3-0 :cool:

ImageImage
the 5th europe champain cup
the 50th tournament
in 25/5/2005

we are the champain
Ahmad

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:09 pm

Good win but I was actually a bit disapointed with our performance tonight. I thought we reached another level against Villa and slipped back a bit tonight.

Still 3 -0 isnt bad  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:12 pm

But whose complaining? at least Liverpool won 

I don't give a flying :censored: for Farsa (Spanish for farce). Just wishing Chavski lost

BTW, Luis Garcia keeps scoring goals.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:12 pm

Made up for Gerrard, he was snatching at chances he usually would bury until the goal, his passing was ok, but the killer ball that he is capable of was not there either.
But you could see the relief and jubilation in his celebration and i am f'ckin made up for him. He kept going and in the end got what he deserved, a goal and an assist.
I thought the performance was ok, nothing special but always in control, a lot of movement and some intelligent passing, Riise and Hyypia are still too slow with there passing though, slowing potential attacks down.
That was a game tailor made at this stage of the season and at this stage of the competition, we are now through with 2 games to spare, lets now take 3 points off psv and win the group.
I am not in the slightest bit bothered about the Chelsea result, tbh i would rather Barcelona go out than them, if we get them in the knockouts i back Rafa, with Barcelona i think it would be far more difficult.
By the way well done to luis for his double, he is often the centre of criticism but he has again scored a couple of vital goals, the lads record in europe is outstanding. :D
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:14 pm

I agree it could of been better, there is always room for improvement, but to not play your best and still control a match like we did is a big positive. We are finally taking more of our chances, which is great to see. Roll on the next match.
67-1161385641

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:20 pm

I think it was Rafa's fault we didnt play better. Other big teams rotate why dont we?
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:26 pm

s@int wrote:I think it was Rafa's fault we didnt play better. Other big teams rotate why dont we?

:laugh:  :laugh:

Top stuff, mate!
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:32 pm

Totally agree with the general opinion that it was a good result and a fairly decent performance against crappie opposition. We looked to be letting them gain some momentum in the early part of the second half but the sending off was the turning point. It was great to see that a lot of the players were playing with a smile on their faces and really enjoying their football again.
Man of the match was one of three for me (Stevie G, Momo or Garcia). Stevie was some way back to his best with his scything cross field passes and driving runs at their defence, Momo was doing what Momo does best, breaking up anything that the opposition tries to put together in midfield and getting the ball back  with his tough tackling. Garcia showed that the champions league is by far his best competition, he gets the time and space to work his magic on the ball and gets the space in and around the box to ghost in whilst the defence are looking the other way and again find the net. He has again started to cut down on the silly little flicks and as stopped doing them in areas that are gonna prove dangerous for us.

MOM:- Stevie G though for finally breaking his duck for this season.

Quote (s@int @ Oct. 31 2006,22:20)
I think it was Rafa's fault we didnt play better. Other big teams rotate why dont we? :laugh:
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MaccaLFC » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:35 pm

Quality.

1st half was dia (hansen-esque?!), but things picked up in the 2nd, and we played well, helped by the dismissal of that :censored: who nutted JAR.

Thought Momo was poor 1st half, exceptional 2nd half, he was everywhere and his distribution was much better. Back two were solid enough too, especially Carra.

Stevie has finnaly scored too, should signal more to come.

Personally thought the Bordeaux fans were quality all night, hats off to them.

Roll on Reading.
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:35 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Made up for Gerrard, he was snatching at chances he usually would bury until the goal, his passing was ok, but the killer ball that he is capable of was not there either.
But you could see the relief and jubilation in his celebration and i am f'ckin made up for him. He kept going and in the end got what he deserved, a goal and an assist.
I thought the performance was ok, nothing special but always in control, a lot of movement and some intelligent passing, Riise and Hyypia are still too slow with there passing though, slowing potential attacks down.
That was a game tailor made at this stage of the season and at this stage of the competition, we are now through with 2 games to spare, lets now take 3 points off psv and win the group.
I am not in the slightest bit bothered about the Chelsea result, tbh i would rather Barcelona go out than them, if we get them in the knockouts i back Rafa, with Barcelona i think it would be far more difficult.
By the way well done to luis for his double, he is often the centre of criticism but he has again scored a couple of vital goals, the lads record in europe is outstanding. :D

My thoughts exactly, Ace.  What a relief that Gerrard finally put one away.  Hopefully he'll bag a few in quick succession now and really get back to his all-action best.  The goal drought was clearly weighing on his mind.  I also loved his reaction to Garcia's second--sprinting over and giving him a fierce hug with a huge smile on his face.  If the Old Trafford performance was a picture in negative body language from the skipper, tonight we saw the image of a man who's finally enjoying his football once more!  :cool:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:50 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:Made up for Gerrard, he was snatching at chances he usually would bury until the goal, his passing was ok, but the killer ball that he is capable of was not there either.

My thoughts exactly, Ace.  What a relief that Gerrard finally put one away.  Hopefully he'll bag a few in quick succession now and really get back to his all-action best.  The goal drought was clearly weighing on his mind.  I also loved his reaction to Garcia's second--sprinting over and giving him a fierce hug with a huge smile on his face.  If the Old Trafford performance was a picture in negative body language from the skipper, tonight we saw the image of a man who's finally enjoying his football once more!  :cool:

If we had won 3-0 and Gerrard had not scored i wouldnt of been half as happy as i am now.
Thats not because i support steven Gerrard...it because i know that steven gerrard at his best and enjoying his football makes lfc a far more potent threat.
People go on about if/when steven leaves the club so be it...imo thats a little short sighted i understand that no player is bigger than the club...but great players make great teams, and steven is a great player...lets hope the lads season starts here, because if it does i guarantee Liverpool will be a FAR better side.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:54 pm

Did you hear the priceless bit of commentary from Peter Drury?

(When Crouch challenged for a ball in the air in their box)

"He's...kind of...like a rampaging super spider" :laugh:

I swear to god I p*ssed myself. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:11 am

Oh, and another thing - Riise's reaction to being headbutted was absolutely spot on. How often do you see players crumple after the merest of touches...JAR got butted on his eye socket, which instantly poured blood, and all he did was stumble slightly under the shock of the impact, but then just calmly walked off the pitch and left the ref to deal with it.

His wound spoke for itself, and it didn't need theatrics to get the outcome the butt warranted. Great attitude, and something some other so-called physical players could learn from.
ivor_the_injun

Postby red37 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:20 am

spot on Ivor..

any injury updates over Alonso and Garcia?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby weringo » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:15 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:Oh, and another thing - Riise's reaction to being headbutted was absolutely spot on. How often do you see players crumple after the merest of touches...JAR got butted on his eye socket, which instantly poured blood, and all he did was stumble slightly under the shock of the impact, but then just calmly walked off the pitch and left the ref to deal with it.

His wound spoke for itself, and it didn't need theatrics to get the outcome the butt warranted. Great attitude, and something some other so-called physical players could learn from.

Exactly what I was thinking at the time mate, no retaliation whatsoever either, Riise is one tough nut
weringo
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion