LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA (PART 1) - All discussion here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:19 am

If Rafa is to persist with the 4-5-1 formation someone better than Crouch should be in the lone strikers role then. He can hold the ball up well but I can't see him getting 7 goals this season let alone 10. Maybe Morientes will be a better lone striker?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:33 pm

bigmick wrote:TBH the lad (Cisse) never was and never will be worth 14 million pounds. He has proved to be a really poor buy and I feel slightly sorry for Rafa that he is being asked to pick up the pieces of this cronic piece of mismanagement. If it was me, the first time we play WBA or Wigan or West Ham or indeed any other team that's name starts with 'W' at home I'd stick him up top and hope he bangs in a few goals to get his confidence up. Then whenever possible I'd play him up front in the hope he might just nudge his price Northwards by January. At the moment he would fetch about 5.5 million in my book, and I personally wouldn't even pay that if I was a manager.

ay mick.

remember the banner on the kop

NO MORE EXPENSIVE MISTAKES
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kaz the kopite » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:43 pm

ref should be suspended! :veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry
I am the one and only!
kaz the kopite

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:17 pm

Luis Garcia played well. Very well.

Himself, Alonso and Hyypia were excellent.
115-1073096938

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:37 pm

I notice that a lot of the commentry was regarding Moris' feelings towards the ref. "Oh yes, he's a very good ref. Very strong." Isn't that what the c*ck-meister said about the ref in the semi!?! Wasn't he his friend or something!?! What the feck has it got to do with that bone-bracing b*gger-billy? Why don't we refuse to have any ref that knob-sack likes. It's obvious the spineless yellow w*nker was pro-Sh*tski last night. I bet the fecker's bank account has swelled with dodgy, blood-soaked  roubels since yesterday anyway.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:58 pm

:laugh:

Chill out! :D
115-1073096938

Postby red37 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:00 pm

stu_the_red wrote: :laugh:

Chill out! :D
============================================

f.uck me stu- thats a bit harsh!!  :angry:  youll have somebodys back up saying that..............

:laugh:  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:07 pm

I think alonso was probably our best player last night, Traore also had a good game defensively but still needs a hell of a lot of work with the ball at his feet. The rest of the side were quite good as well, though Gerrard and Hammann tried put wernt at there best, but i think we played quite well were deffo the better side.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:09 pm

we were pretty solid last night baring Traore and his sucide passing.  Cisse was really disapointing but so was Garcia.  I'm confident we can get a result Sunday because Chelsea didn't look very good and DogBah is usless  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:12 pm

Traore was good defensively but got beat in the air by Shaun Wright-Phillips. :laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:15 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Traore was good defensively but got beat in the air by Shaun Wright-Phillips. :laugh:

i noticed that as well, im no fan of the guy but he put in some good challenges last night and deserves a bit of credit. Kewell 7 i disagree i thought Garcia though at times wasteful was also productive and was one of our few players who looked like scoring a goal.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:20 pm

Luis Garcia was superb last night.

That was Traore's best game for Liverpool last night. He looked more assured than ever, yet still made mistakes and his passing was simply a disgrace. Alot of moves broke down with him. However there was one incident where he played a good ball to Gerrard and didn't demand the ball back off the captain. Had he the bottle to d that he'd have been through on goal providing he'd taken a half decent touch.
115-1073096938

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:20 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Traore was good defensively but got beat in the air by Shaun Wright-Phillips. :laugh:

I could not believe when that happened, shocking.

But to be fair he played really well apart from that, and Rafa seems to prefer him in Europe, he picked him away to Betis as well....or it may just be the fact that we were facing pacy wingers in these games and Traore wont get done in that department where as Warnock might.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:22 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Had he the bottle to d that he'd have been through on goal providing he'd taken a half decent touch.

Traore and the words "half decent touch" i dont think will ever be associated together  :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:32 pm

i thought Garcia though at times wasteful was also productive and was one of our few players who looked like scoring a goal.

I think that is a perfect summary of Garcia's game in everymatch he plays.  He can make you scream at him for losing 9/10 balls...but he can also do something from nothing and grab a goal.  I like Garcia, but I see him as a squad player who should play through the middle and NOT on the wing. 

Traore does make good tackles....but i'm always nervous when he has the ball in defence  :sniffle
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion