CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL 19.45 BST - All the discussion for the CL game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:42 am

:D :laugh: 'borrowed elastic' and 'cheap suits..' wise one's on form tonite.. where are all the gang when you're havin fun..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:44 am

greenred wrote:
zarababe wrote::Oo: you still goin on about bands GR ...  :D

Im a bit behind here Zara,ive just been cleaning sh.ite of my youngest kids leg.Ah,the glamour :D

:laugh: lol there must be something in the air.. my little one did a massive one too, today..  :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:45 am

Dalglish wrote:The Laas  :bowdown

Only made one decent album  :oops:

Correction , they only made ONE album !  :D

I can only remember "there she goes".Is the rest of the album worth downloading illegally off the internet ???  ???
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:45 am

zarababe wrote: :D :laugh: 'borrowed elastic' and 'cheap suits..' wise one's on form tonite.. where are all the gang when you're havin fun..

Their all helping Greenred clean the :censored: off his nippers leg  :D

Greenred, you need to get out more mate  :laugh:

If you hurry you might catch OMD on MTV classics !   :wwww
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:46 am

greenred wrote:[I can only remember "there she goes".Is the rest of the album worth downloading illegally off the internet ???  ???

Nah , go out and BUY it like the good old days  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:55 am

greenred wrote:
Dalglish wrote:The Laas  :bowdown

Only made one decent album  :oops:

Correction , they only made ONE album !  :D

I can only remember "there she goes".Is the rest of the album worth downloading illegally off the internet ???  ???

:lookaround I don't think upu wanna be postin such intentions on here GR  :oh:

:D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:23 am

My team for the Middlesborough game:

Reina

Finnan  Carragher  Hyypia  Riise

Garcia  Gerrard  Alonso  Kewell

Crouch  Cisse

SUBS: Dudek, Sinama-Pongolle, Morientes, Hamann, Warnock.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:28 pm

Why was ally Mc oist saying yesterday before the match "Liverpool will want to make sure they finish top becasue they will lose their country protection??? Sorry if im wrong but im sure im right. My hands raised if im wrong though.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:44 pm

couple of things;

1. lampard is not the best, however he is one of the best and is certainly better than sissoko. although not as good as essien. and taking away the penalties wouldnt make much difference.

2. facing barca is better for us as last season proved...we like to play teams that are open and attacking purely because counter attacks are all we are good at...this is why liverpool are the bane of our lives...the only time we have beaten you convincingly was when you had to come at us and we just picked you off on the counter.

3. ac milan? have you not seen how utterly awful their defence is and how impotent their strike partnership is???...i fear you lot far more than them.
Chelsea

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:46 pm

Essien's tackle on Hamman was x-rated, as was his tackle on Ben Haim against Bolton a few months ago.

Something needs to be done about this guy, both tackles were outrageous.

I really rate Essien as a player but there's a nasty streak to him. His tackle on Hamman was no where near the ball and in my opinion, was an attempt to "do" Hamman. This have to be weeded out, as he'll ruin somebody's career, probably some journeyman who nobody cares about and will be quickly forgotten.

I'm not sure Sissoko's was intentional, despite what Mourinho and Jim Beglin said. Sissoko went over the ball a bit, but I think he genuinely went for the ball and his instep rolled over the top of the ball and onto Gudjohnson's leg. I think it was more akwardness than anything.

Gudjohnson then took a wild swing at Steve Finnan: Steve's mouthing to Gudjohnson was quite hilarious I thought!

I hate to see an injury done to any player, but I have little sympathy for Gudjohnson. He has plenty of ability and is a good player, but for me, he is one of the bigger prats currently doing the rounds in football. What he did to Xabi Alonso was childish, dishonest, unprofessional and unsporting, and when I see him in interviews he strikes me as being a bit of a whinger.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Chelsea » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:01 pm

all fair comments but from the chelsea perspective;

essien, not dirty, but a stupid :censored: that does deserve punishment to learn him some respect. i volunteer the baseball bat treatment because i dont want one of my players ruining someones career like so many of our players have had theirs ruined :angry:

gudjohnsen is ok...he doesnt like you guys tho and he has one of those faces that you just want to hit...like riise.

sissoko's challenge wasnt intentional, but it was meant to be strong...not in essien's category tho.
Chelsea

Postby banana » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:09 pm

JBG wrote:Essien's tackle on Hamman was x-rated, as was his tackle on Ben Haim against Bolton a few months ago.

Something needs to be done about this guy, both tackles were outrageous.

I really rate Essien as a player but there's a nasty streak to him. His tackle on Hamman was no where near the ball and in my opinion, was an attempt to "do" Hamman. This have to be weeded out, as he'll ruin somebody's career, probably some journeyman who nobody cares about and will be quickly forgotten.

I'm not sure Sissoko's was intentional, despite what Mourinho and Jim Beglin said. Sissoko went over the ball a bit, but I think he genuinely went for the ball and his instep rolled over the top of the ball and onto Gudjohnson's leg. I think it was more akwardness than anything.

Gudjohnson then took a wild swing at Steve Finnan: Steve's mouthing to Gudjohnson was quite hilarious I thought!

I hate to see an injury done to any player, but I have little sympathy for Gudjohnson. He has plenty of ability and is a good player, but for me, he is one of the bigger prats currently doing the rounds in football. What he did to Xabi Alonso was childish, dishonest, unprofessional and unsporting, and when I see him in interviews he strikes me as being a bit of a whinger.

You're right about that JBG. It is not the first time Essien has tried to break somebody's legs. And he gets away with it every time. ANd Sissoko's challenge was bad, but it was not as dirty as Essien's. His legs was straight and he came in at full speed just below Hamann's knees. Sissoko was at least close to the ball and his legs was only a couple on inches above the floor. Uefa must take responsibility and clean up when their referees don't. Ban him for 5 european games. Nasty injuries isn't what I like to see when i go to the football game, and last night only luck prevented that from happening. Hamann was able to lift his feet off the ground and he did not get stuck in the mud with his legs when the player came in. Lucky that was.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:14 pm

Chelsea wrote:all fair comments but from the chelsea perspective;

essien, not dirty, but a stupid :censored: that does deserve punishment to learn him some respect. i volunteer the baseball bat treatment because i dont want one of my players ruining someones career like so many of our players have had theirs ruined :angry:

gudjohnsen is ok...he doesnt like you guys tho and he has one of those faces that you just want to hit...like riise.

sissoko's challenge wasnt intentional, but it was meant to be strong...not in essien's category tho.

I don't think you should be so hard on your own team: thats for other supporters to do!

I always respected Gudjohnson as a player. Up until last season I advocated that if he lost his place in the Chelsea team, we should make a move for him. However, I was not impressed one bit with his behaviour in the first leg of the Champions League tie last year when he dived, earned Alonso a booking and then taunted Alonso for getting him suspended for the return leg.

It was poetic justice that Gudjohnson missed that great chance at the death at Anfield.

Chelsea are a serious side, plenty of power and character, and plenty of depth. However, I'm not convinced that they will be European Champions any time soon, although they will be there or thereabouts. They still lack a little something going forward to set them apart as a great European side, and because of their wealth and recent success, the opposition put a lot of time and effort into stopping Chelsea.

Chelsea are a far better team than Liverpool but I honestly believe that in Europe, Liverpool are genuinely one of the top sides. Evertonians, Mancs and Chelsea fans might laugh at that, but Liverpool have proved since 2001 that they are a highly competent side in Europe as soon as it gets to the knockout stages.

I know teams like Barcelona, Juventus, Arsenal, Chelsea etc all look better on paper than Liverpool, but Liverpool under Benitez have developed a knack of killing off ties. It has got to a stage now where Liverpool could go to any of the great cauldrons of Europe and get a draw, and then bring one of the big guns back to Anfield, score early on, and then close the game down.

The odds of 25-1 or 30-1 of Liverpool retaining their trophy at the start of the season were ridiculous. They have shown that they are an improving team in the Premiership, and if anything, are getting better in Europe. We might not play with a huge amount of flair, but for Rafa Benitez to turn a crisis strewn club into European Champions in less than a year and look like being in a strong position to defend its crown is a remarkable achievement.

Liverpool to win Big Ears again? Why not?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby romliv » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:17 pm

what a wonderful time we had vs chelsea :D what a wonderful run of good luck and magnificient games.
we hope that rafa and the boys will continue their progress first vs middelsbourg because we have a lot on one's plate ...  peek a boo Mourinho !! :angry:
when we don't have what we love, we must love what we have!
romliv

Postby el_stinger » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:19 pm

JBG wrote:
Chelsea wrote:all fair comments but from the chelsea perspective;

I don't think you should be so hard on your own team: thats for other supporters to do!

I always respected Gudjohnson as a player. Up until last season I advocated that if he lost his place in the Chelsea team, we should make a move for him. However, I was not impressed one bit with his behaviour in the first leg of the Champions League tie last year when he dived, earned Alonso a booking and then taunted Alonso for getting him suspended for the return leg.

It was poetic justice that Gudjohnson missed that great chance at the death at Anfield.

Chelsea are a serious side, plenty of power and character, and plenty of depth. However, I'm not convinced that they will be European Champions any time soon, although they will be there or thereabouts. They still lack a little something going forward to set them apart as a great European side, and because of their wealth and recent success, the opposition put a lot of time and effort into stopping Chelsea.

Chelsea are a far better team than Liverpool but I honestly believe that in Europe, Liverpool are genuinely one of the top sides. Evertonians, Mancs and Chelsea fans might laugh at that, but Liverpool have proved since 2001 that they are a highly competent side in Europe as soon as it gets to the knockout stages.

I know teams like Barcelona, Juventus, Arsenal, Chelsea etc all look better on paper than Liverpool, but Liverpool under Benitez have developed a knack of killing off ties. It has got to a stage now where Liverpool could go to any of the great cauldrons of Europe and get a draw, and then bring one of the big guns back to Anfield, score early on, and then close the game down.

The odds of 25-1 or 30-1 of Liverpool retaining their trophy at the start of the season were ridiculous. They have shown that they are an improving team in the Premiership, and if anything, are getting better in Europe. We might not play with a huge amount of flair, but for Rafa Benitez to turn a crisis strewn club into European Champions in less than a year and look like being in a strong position to defend its crown is a remarkable achievement.

Liverpool to win Big Ears again? Why not?

Why not indeed? I think another Euro trophy will shut the rest up for good this time, and to prove that last season's was no fluke.

Bid's in for Back to Back
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion