LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA (PART 2) - All discussion here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby josip84 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:59 pm

drummerphil wrote:sorry mate i hate the :censored:,i still think Crespo is the best striker in the country.

Do you hate him a as a player or as a man? I don't really know the kind of person he may be, I just praise the qualities of the player.
As for Crespo, I can't possibly disagree with you, great player indeed!
josip84

Postby josip84 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:03 am

Dalglish wrote:The worry for me is the lack of support for Peter Crouch who was actually was one of LFC's better players. Compare Crouch with Drogba and what he gets that Crouch doesn;t is "SUPPORT". Luis Garcia and Riise never got near Crouch today but Cole and Duff were always available and punished LFC with goals.

Tactics are great if you have the means to exact them but at present I'm sad to say Liverpool don't have the players ???

I think yours is a very good analysis of Liverpool FC's major problem at the moment.
josip84

Postby Effes » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:23 am

Lets be honest. Crouch is very very average.
NOT of the standard that we expect to play for LFC.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:47 am

Effes wrote:Lets be honest. Crouch is very very average.

Thats your opinion and thats fine but with the present system it doesn't matter WHO we get to play that role, without adequate support we are not going to find the onion bag too many times and with an ageing and incompetent defence we are likely to concede almost every game at present  :Oo:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:49 am

Agreed
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nemesis » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:07 am

I sense sour grapes, thickheads and dumb jocks in this discussion. is it really hard for you blokes to admit that Chelsea are a better team than you? when you have crouch upfront, and for God's sake, traore at the back, you know you will always be second best to us. and this result basically reaffirm what the rest of europe are feeling: there's only one top dog in england and that's Chelsea. Hey guys, this is not a nightmare, it's F**king reality mate!
nemesis

Postby Dalglish » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:18 am

Welcome to the Forum Wannabee :D

If you had bothered to scratch beneath the surface you would have read a lot of posts accepting that chelsea played much the better today but you would prefer to pick out a few of the more knee jerk reactions and base your first post on that, well done for being so shallow and confirming what we suspected :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:56 am

Dalglish wrote:Welcome to the Forum Wannabee :D

If you had bothered to scratch beneath the surface you would have read a lot of posts accepting that chelsea played much the better today but you would prefer to pick out a few of the more knee jerk reactions and base your first post on that, well done for being so shallow and confirming what we suspected :D

nice  :D  :D
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecake » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:16 am

Dalglish wrote:
Effes wrote:Lets be honest. Crouch is very very average.

Thats your opinion and thats fine but with the present system it doesn't matter WHO we get to play that role, without adequate support we are not going to find the onion bag too many times and with an ageing and incompetent defence we are likely to concede almost every game at present  :Oo:

Yes, agreed. Without adequate support he (Crouch) will always look very, very average. Especially against a high priced quality defence like Chelski's.
cheesecake

Postby Espionage » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:24 am

I was so dissapointed with the game, the fact that we did not repeat how we dominated mid-week, of course i dont believe that it is a true result, but its a big blow to confidence and pride at our club.

Our attack was quite unimaginative, I didnt really understand what Risse was doing on the wing, he was compleately nullified by Gallas. He cant play against pace and thats not his fault, a tactical change should have been made IMO. Besides that i dont see how tactically we should have changed anything played offensively, we just have to do what we were suppossed to do.... Support Crouch. I thought that the lad played and will continue to play well.
  As much as i dont like Drogba he played like a champoin today and i give him credit for it. He had 4 assists, he played what Crouch played but the difference was that he had support (Duff and Cole).

4-5-1 is a good formation for us, because we have midfielders that can get forward and get goals (i.e Gerrad) and the perfect target man (unselfish, gets others involved, great vision Crouch).
Its not really a defensive formation unless you play it as one, the way we played last night was more of a

Reina

Finnam Carragher Hypia Traore

Alonso Hamman
              Gerrad

Garcia                    Risse
             Crouch

It is more of a 4-2-3-1 and with both Alonso and Hamman covering (less Alonso) Gerrad should be able to get forward and get on the end of Crouch's passes. But the fact was that we just could not keep possessoin, Chelsea was constantly pressureing us and i think that we were lucky to not gift them a chance in the first 30mins through lax passing out of defence.

Overall not a particulary bad performance, humiliating? yes. But its not the end of the world, i dont think that Arsenal or Man U will do much better. On our day we showed that we can play better then them.
Dont turn this into Doom n Gloom you idiots, we have had a very difficult start to the season. Games that we got more points in than last season: Middlesborough +1
Sunderland =
Tottenham +1
Man U +1
Chelsea =

True we have 7 points in 6 games but that is not a fair representation of the fact that we have improved.

:censored: we all have to wait tis the 15 for the next Liverpool game.......
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:59 am

Espionage wrote:Gerrad should be able to get forward and get on the end of Crouch's passes.

Some valid points but...
You cant be relying on a midfielder to be linking with a lone striker.
Everyone is talking Crouch this Crouch that, it's as though we're building a team around this beanpole.
The least we can do is put Cisse up alongside him, especially at home.
I dont know why Rafa doesn't play Cisse. He must have his reasons.
Before today some players were not performing.
I can think of worse things than dropping Garcia for a start.
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nemesis » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:07 am

True we have 7 points in 6 games but that is not a fair representation of the fact that we have improved.

look into a dictionary and find out the meaning of improvement sweethearts.
well, it wasnt a knee jerk reaction on my part. just a gentle reminder of "how far liverpool has improved since last season" :D
nemesis

Postby nemesis » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:08 am

*finger to the lips* shhhhh.........
heh heh! :p
nemesis

Postby A.B. » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:56 am

Hey rentboy, shhhhhh

Like the song says, ''We Won It Five Times'' and ''Where were you in Istanbul''

There's also the 18 times we won the league compared to your 2. Now feck off to the Chavski forum.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby akumaface » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:34 am

nemesis wrote:True we have 7 points in 6 games but that is not a fair representation of the fact that we have improved.

look into a dictionary and find out the meaning of improvement sweethearts.
well, it wasnt a knee jerk reaction on my part. just a gentle reminder of "how far liverpool has improved since last season" :D

This is the kind of fu(king bandwagoners Chelski is famous for. We got beat by a better team today and so be it. But when we will beat you, were you not think we were only lucky to win than to rather accept the fact that we shut you down for 180 minutes or more??? Double standard pri(k. If I'm a Chelski fans, I would be asshame on how classless and shallow you were. This simply shows you know ditto about football and see where you would be if Ambro pulls out or go to jail....have a fu(king nice day.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion