CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL 19.45 BST - All the discussion for the CL game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 2520years » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:24 pm

From the Echo BEFORE the game:
"IF Rafa Benitez and Jose Mourinho are to be believed, we should prepare for the politest meeting in years between Liverpool and Chelsea tonight.   
Both managers have stopped short of saying 'after you' in the race for top billing in Group G.
But rarely has a fixture between two clubs harbouring distaste for each other been played down so much. "

It was the dirtiest game I've seen for a while.  Mostly from Chelski, but at least Lampard didn't break any ankles this time.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:25 pm

I think the Chelsea fan here has hit the nail on the head with Liverpool. He referred to the game in the league at Anfield when he said the early goal killed us. I remember that game well and we were shading it until Traore made a mistake. When we went a goal down early we had to come out and attack Chelsea, allowing their wingers to get in behind our defence.

If I were Jose Mourinho I would try to blitz Liverpool very early on, trying to force the game. I would drop one of the midfielders and put Crespo up alongside Drogba, and have my two wingers run at the full backs. If Chelsea got an early goal they could sit back, inviting Liverpool out, and hit them on the break.

Obviously this is risky as Chelsea would be taking a few chances at the back, but if we want to win the major trophies, you need to take risks. We hit Juventus hard early on in the Anfield game last year and were fortunate to be rewarded with goals. I think Mourinho's mistake is to be too cautious when playing Liverpool. He needs to take more risks.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:44 pm

In the unfortunate drubbing of 4-1 not so long ago, people have (or maybe havent) forgot that Essien should have walked in that game. Essien is quality, but i feel he has an ability to hide very dangerous tackles and get away with it.

i hope video evidence is used and Essien is banned for a minimum of 3 games, to reflect on his ways.

others get banned, so its no different in this case. It was a potential career threatening injury and should not go unpunished, imo.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:03 pm

Judge wrote:i hope video evidence is used and Essien is banned for a minimum of 3 games, to reflect on his ways.

yes....i hope essien gets banned. That was an x-rated tackle no doubt about it..... This ain't the 1st time he did that....

And what about moanrino....? He saw the sissoko tackle (was it a foul in the 1st place ?) while he "missed" the essien tackle ... what a dickhead.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:12 pm

Essien was totally going for Hamman's knee instead of the ball...his only intention was to break the knee in that apalling challenge...UEFA should ban the :censored: :censored: for a month if u want my view.
And wat abt that german referee denying us a penalty when garcia was pulled down by terry inside the box!
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:02 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:My team for the Middlesborough game:

Reina

Finnan  Carragher  Hyypia  Riise

Garcia  Gerrard  Alonso  Kewell

Crouch  Cisse

SUBS: Dudek, Sinama-Pongolle, Morientes, Hamann, Warnock.

No-one cares about your team for every game.
115-1073096938

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:09 pm

stu_the_red wrote:

Reina

Crouch  Cisse

Dude f.uck you and I f.ucking mean it. This is a footy forum and I am f.ucken entitled to my own opinions. Besides, what's wrong with posting a lineup for the next game? It's all part of the fun. There is a reason why this forum comes up as the first google search of "Liverpool Forums" and that it's a free membership.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:36 am

Seems Essien may get his comeuppance...from ESPN

FIFA give green light for action over Essien tackle

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has given UEFA the green light to take disciplinary action against Michael Essien for the Chelsea midfielder's shocking foul on Liverpool's Dietmar Hamann.

Essien's knee-high challenge was missed by German referee Herbert Fandel but Blatter confirmed that under the rules of the game UEFA could use video evidence to bring charges against the Chelsea player.

Blatter told a news conference in Leipzig: 'In 1994 the FIFA executive committee took a decision that the disciplinary committee can use television evidence in the case of infractions against the laws of the game that have not been identified by the referee.

'As this happened in a Champions League game it is up to UEFA to decide whether to review video evidence.'

In October, Essien escaped any further disciplinary action following another dangerous tackle on Bolton defender Tal Ben Haim despite referee Rob Styles, after reviewing TV footage, wanting to upgrade the yellow card he awarded to red.

The Football Association consulted FIFA and were told that the decision could not be reversed.

Blatter appeared to contradict that today by saying 'if it was a blatant red card and only a yellow card was given the disciplinary body can transfer it', but FIFA communications director Markus Siegler later clarified the rules.

Siegler said: 'You cannot upgrade or downgrade one card to another but you can take action if the referee has not seen an incident.'

UEFA are waiting for reports from referee Frandel and match delegate Indrek Kannik of Spain before deciding whether to take action.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:00 am

So you can rescind a yellow/red, but not swap them? What a stupid rule.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:03 am

But we care about yours? Just like you he has everyright to say what ever the hell he wants even if it's something I disagree with. Grow up ffs.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:00 am

stu_the_red wrote:

Reina

Crouch  Cisse

i care. i think its nice to see someone posting what they think is a winning combination. I may not agree with the selection, but thats his opinion
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:34 am

:angry:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:31 pm

JBG wrote:Image

:angry:

where did you get that from, qulaity but so true also
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:08 pm

Hey, I found this summary on the uefa website, one paragraph was so true.
Fifth triumph
The Liverpool supporters too seemed to hold the upper hand. Chelsea fans chanting the 4-1 scoreline of their side's recent win at Anfield were countered with "five times, we've only won it five times" by Scousers still basking in the glory of that famous fifth European triumph in Istanbul last summer. A Turkish flag was held aloft. Chelsea might be champions in England, but Liverpool trade in a different currency.

I thought how true is that. Typical Chelsea in a EUROPEAN game mentioning the result of an EPL match. Also the Scousers love of Europe.  :buttrock
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion