LIVERPOOL VS BORDEAUX PART II

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:07 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Id just like to mention Zendon.  He gets a lot of stick on here, but what a great ball for Gerrards goal. I think he is a decent player that only ever gets the chance to play a bit part, but generally does a good job.

Well in boys. good performance, You did exactly what was required.

Credit where credits due as i am one of his biggest critics, he spotted the pass well and put Gerrard in the clear.
To be honest though, the game was made for anyone with any sort of first touch, after the sending off there was acres of room in the middle and Zenden must have enjoyed his 20 minutes.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:30 pm

24/1 to win it! If I could I would stick some $ on that
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:22 am

Bamaga man wrote:I have no doubts the team will be different, Rafa is hardly going to keep the same team IMO because of the win. I think he'll be inclined to rotate more so, too prove that the rotaion system doesnt fail our performances but it can also get us results. I think he really believes in his own methods, and maybe seem a little stubborn on the odd occassion so he's hardly going to prove ALL his critics out their right by keeping the same side.

Heres my stabb at the line-up:

Reina

Finnan   Cara  Agger Aurelio

Pennant  Alonso Zenden Gonzo

Bellamy  Crouch

Wrong Bamaga Man your way off the mark, hands up  :blush:
66-1112520797

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:24 pm

A good win, helped by that head case nutting Riise and getting himself sent off.

Laughable, really. I hope his team mates thanked him accordingly.

That's 2 good performances in a row, with another win against Reading.

WHere are all the doom mongers now? ???

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:48 pm

It was a decent professional display against probably the worst champions league side i've ever seen at Anfield. They made Anderlecht last season look like real madrid. :D

I'm really glad Gerrard finally got on the scoresheet after missing two sitters earlier in the game. It's a mark of the man that he still getting into the positions to score. In the last two games we've seen signs of the gerrard from last season really coming back to the fore.  I can't help feeling cheated though, to how he can just switch it on like that, when he's been so poor this season. I'm not talking about goals, or performance but general attitude and application. Against Bordeaux he was always looking for the ball, he was always positive and moving into space and tracking back off the ball. Until the last 20 minutes of the United game, he had hardly done any of that all season and while we shouldn't be relying on him, you just wonder if he'd have actually woke up a month or two earlier, we might not be so far off the top. Mainly because his negative performances have as big an impact on the team, as his positive ones.

Also, Garcia should play in EVERY home game, both domestically and in europe. His goalscoring record is phenomenal considering he's not really a striker.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion