DANIEL AGGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:15 pm

real shame to see him go but i totally respect the decision he has made and his reasons for making it. i was always hoping to see another of those 30 yard screamers one day.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:14 pm

Great player. I'm very sad to see him leave. Good luck though. Taking a pay cut to join his home team shows the lad's class. Not sure they make 'em like Agger anymore.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:39 pm

disappointed he has left and even more so that we got nowt for him. it was right for him to leave as he was never going to reclaim his position under rodgers.
i feel he could have made it in italy or spain but surprised he opted to go back to brondby at 29.
best of luck to him  :nod
Y.N.W.A dagger  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Some information from the interview DA gave to the Danish press (translated). Though there is always two sides to a story!

"Denmark international Daniel Agger has claimed that Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers did not appreciate him during their time together at the club.
Daniel Agger was evidently not part of Brendan Rodgers’ plans last season. The Danish defender was sold to Brondby during the summer after spending eight years at Anfield for a cut-price. Agger has now revealed that he left the Anfield because he could no longer get on with Rodgers.
“Let me put it this way, me and the manager were perhaps not on the same page last season. For most the season at least,” said Agger
“He and I maybe went wrong with each other because I am very direct. I say things as they are, so I expect people will be the same to me. Maybe it’s wrong to expect this sometimes. There was much (distance) between us, and for me it was just enough. I felt that he didn’t appreciate the things I could and contributed. When I feel that, then it’s time to move on”
Agger said that he became frustrated after he was dropped after performing well for the club.
“When you are a part of the starting eleven for several games in a row and the team have performed well, and you feel that you have played well, then you are left out of the team and don’t feel appreciated, it starts to get pray on your mind and you wonder.
“Then at the same time you see the statistics from your game – which are so important all around the world of football- and you don’t understand why you weren’t used more often.”
Agger however, didn’t refute Rodgers’ coaching abilities.
“I think he is an incredibly talented manager. You can’t take that away from him. He’s good in the way he trains and he is clever in the way he sets the team up. He’s an extremely, extremely competent coach.”
“The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are and I expect others to treat me the same way. Maybe it is wrong to always expect this.”
One thing is for sure, with Liverpool’s weak defensive outings in the first five Premier League games, Brendan Rodgers must be hoping he had someone of his experience and ability in the squad to get things going"
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Santa » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:53 pm

Of course, for Rodgers pushing out the likes of Reinas and Aggers to balance the book is the priority while keeping the likes of 'good boys' Borini and Lucas tho we could recoup some much needed cash for Jan window is mystifying. Of course things might not be as straight forward as it is but that's how it seems to fans like me. Of course Agger's frequent injury didn't help matter, but we do know that technically he is our best defender and that Reina's experience could be so useful and to keep Mignolet on his toes...well?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Reina pushed himself out of the door and Agger could not stay fit long enough to hit form and stay in the team.

BR did the right thing in moving both on.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:35 am

7_Kewell » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:55 pm wrote:Reina pushed himself out of the door and Agger could not stay fit long enough to hit form and stay in the team.

BR did the right thing in moving both on.

I agree with a lot of things you say (apart from the the great Fowler debate when you were talking out of your backside). :D

Reina didn't leave Rodgers with much of a choice the season he left on loan I agree, Rodgers should have identified Begovic that season but didn't due to his p!ss poor ability at judging a players quality. However, for Rodgers to slam that door shut when he did leave shown naivety and stubborness, Reina could have come back, he only left on loan, Rodgers should have had a word and seen how the land was lying, but he didn't, as far as he was concerned Reina was a gone. Pepe himself said he would have come back and realised the Barcelona dream was never going to happen so to force him out was pathetic.

Agger was also injury prone, anyone in the world knows this. But why get rid of a defender for buttons who is miles ahead of everyone else in the squad for £3,000,000? had it been £10,000,000 I'd have gone with that, as you'll get a decent prospect for that, but £3,000,000? I'd rather have kept him and played the lad when he's fit. At least then you'd have Lovren and Agger at the back for at least half the games in a season and a very capable centre half pairing rather than having to pair Lovren with Toure, Skrtel or Sahko who are all frankly not upto it.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:42 pm

Life is funny. 
When Rodgers first got the job I assumed Agger and Reina would be the 2 that would best fit his vision.   :D   

Agger is a great guy, but its hard to hold onto a CB that can't stay fit. 
I'm sure there is also pressure from FSG to get the older players moving on.  (Reina, Agger, Kuyt, Maxi, Meireles)
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion