Enough is enough - Houllier out please!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:10 am

I had a gut feeling today that Houllier may be sacked, but he wasn't. I'd love to know what is running through David Moores head, because if he had any sense he would sack the frenchman as soon as possible. Perhaps he is waiting for the right time to get a suitable replacement to come straight in.
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:13 am

I think I know what the reply is going to be to this suggestion - most of you will dismiss the idea, but anyway, I'm going to mention it. Maybe Moores is waiting until the summer after Euro 2004, then sacks Houllier and gets Erikkson to replace him!!!
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:42 am

Why would Eriksson come to Anfield when he could have a job at a "bigger" club? If I was Moores I would have sacked Houllier by now, six defeats after only sixteen games is bad enough but I would also consider what happened this time last year and also the year before. Houllier is nearly breaking the worst kind of "records" like most games without a win for X years or worst start to a season for Y years. When he is so obviously close to making the team the worst for quite a while why give him moores time? He came, he saw, he didn't conquer - we got so close a couple of years ago but now there isn't even a direction, we're drifting towards mid-table and that isn't good enough for Liverpool FC. That's the key for me - it simply isn't good enough for this club
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:11 pm

One of the very real dangers at the moment is that we are fast becoming an unattractive propostion to the very best managers. A big club, yes, with a great tradition of success. But, we have been generally poor for 13 years and we have fallen away badly from the top three. The gulf in class is now immense. We may yet end up fourth but so what. We have fallen a very long way and with nearly half the season gone, we are sandwiched between Bolton and Birmingham. We are closer, in points terms to the relegation zone, than we are to the top three. We have won a mere two games more than Leeds United who are meant to be a basket case. 'Nuff said.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:50 am

With regards to the comments of 'redandblue' in the previous message, I don't think that we are a side that top managers would hesitate in joining. We are not for example, in the dismal state of other Premiership clubs like Leeds - ridden with huge financial debts. If and when a vacant managerial position arises at Anfield, I think that potential aplicants will realise that Liverpool have made progress over the last half a dozen seasons. They will see us as a club who are 'on the verge' of becoming supreme again - therefore they will see it as a feasible challenge.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:41 pm

We are still a very big name, but it won't stay that way if we can't join the elite. We are NOT on the verge of being supreme again. We are well short of the top three in almost every category........players, style, attacking football and management of the club. We have drifted very badly. We play poor football and very rarely dominate a game from start to finish. We struggle to come back from any setbacks, and if opposing teams take the lead, the players panic and rarely turn deficit into victory.

The new manager, whoever he is and whenever GH gets moved on, has a BIG job to get Liverpool into the elite of English football. We are all honest with ourselves on this point and the league table doesn't lie. There are three top quality teams in English football today. We are not amongst them and are not even close.

We could well end up fourth. So what? What sort of achievement is that? LFC's ambitions should be to be there or thereabouts in competing for the title. Not scrambling to nudge ahead of Southampton, Charlton or Birmingham City. For goodness sake, Everton were seemingly a basket case three weeks ago. They are now five points behind us. Make no mistake, we are in trouble. If we get a new manager in soon, we can turn it around over the next couple of years. But GH has mismanaged the club and has bought badly. His legacy for his successor means that the new man has a big job to do.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion