Houllier left with class - Last words on houllier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:32 am

Houllier also left with dignity ,and only after extolling the virtues of us the fans  and stating what a remarkable club Liverpool are .Houllier will forever be in my estimation a student of football ,a believer but sadly also a dreamer, who would have been better utilised upstairs as a director after his unfortunate brush with mortality .

I wish him well in his future career and may he prosper and achieve his goals in whatever direction he chooses to follow .I honestly consider Houlliers faith in football was truly shaken  when he couldn’t achieve  the success he so craved at Liverpool ,and only the next manager will know the true size of the task  that lies in front of him as did his predecessor  . 

Only time will tell whether the new manager will be better equipped to deal with the expectation that  a club like ours delivers ,and the continual demand for success ,I fervently hope he can  place our great club back at the pinnacle of  domestic and European excellence.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:13 pm

Agree.
jonnymac1979

Postby JohnBull » Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:36 pm

The fella was a dickhead who had no idea where the team was going and couldn't have steered it anyway.
All this rubbish about how he brought us into the 21st century is based on the idea that  nothing would have happened without him.
Never give  a school teacher a proper job!!!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:44 pm

With comments like that John you are one of the "dickheads" around here.

If you think you could manage LFC to winning the FA cup, League cup, Uefa cup, Super cup, Charity shield then why aren't you managing a professional football team? Or even a semi professional football team?

He done some great things for this club. If winning league titles and Europian cups were so easy we'd all be doing it.

Get a sense of reality and show some respect to a man that (IF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT THE CLUB) gave you some good memories.
115-1073096938

Postby JohnBull » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:22 pm

Memories ?
League cup on penalties against a 2nd division team- Fa Cup thanks to the brilliance of MO(we should have been 5-0 down by then)-EUFA cup on a golden goal against a Spanish ale house side and a couple of charity jokes-
Don't like to think about them more embarrassed than proud.

I was there for every game.
Last edited by JohnBull on Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:44 pm

Its a shame, i thought people got wiser as they got older.

Obviously in your case this hasn't happened.

You normally make sense with alot of what you say, yet when it comes to things like this your attitude stinks.

I'll tell you a little something about life mister Bull, its about doing what you what you can and making the best of situations. Winning isn't everything, shanks said "first is first second is nowhere" WRONG!!! Shanks also said "football isn't a matter of life and death, its much more important"... guess what John... WRONG AGAIN!!!

how you can critisise the acheivements of something you claim to love shows you up as a person imo.
115-1073096938

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:50 pm

this is no time to feel sorry for such a LOSEr as Houllier!

He achived nothing at LFC during his 6 years!, Ueafa cup and Fa cup is just a joke! Mickey mouse trophies, the bench mark for LFC is the European cup and League, and Houllier failed on both counts miserably!!!!!!!!

Now is not the time for sentiments, LFc have not won the lague for 14 years and 6 under Houllier! almost half, so HE is to blame for us not winning the league!
How many years do you want?
\
What a LOSER!

P*ss off and die
84-1083280474

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:14 am

shame u dont take ur own advice :p
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:18 am

stu_the_red wrote:I'll tell you a little something about life mister Bull, its about doing what you what you can and making the best of situations.

:D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby edwardo » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:51 am

All this rubbish about how he brought us into the 21st century is based on the idea that  nothing would have happened without him.
Never give  a school teacher a proper job!!!

the old 'boot room' promotion thing was definately not in the 21st century, GH was the sacrificial lamb that broke that mould, it had to be done for lfc to move with the times, remember the shock when GH took the job in the first place. A FOREIGN MANAGER AT LIVERPOOL?!?!?
he did a job, now we accept another foreign manager with open arms (Benitez hopefully) who will take the task further and with better success, GH himself said prior to his departurethat if we wanted to go back to the culture of the 70's it would be without him! give him some credit cos he is the foundation of our future success!
edwardo

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:34 am

Houllier probably hasn't even cleared his desk fully and the pack of wolves have already gathered to pick over his career at Liverpool and belittle his achievements ???  And there I was thinking LFC fans were different from your average "Spurs, Villa, _ (Fil in as appropriate) fickle supporters.

FACT - He removed the spice boys and brought discipline back to LFC

FACT - He made Liverpool the 3rd most successful club side in English football in the last 5 years

FACT - He made history by winning 3 cups in one season.

FACT - He qualified for Europe every year he was at the club

When you paw over his tenure at LFC ask yourself this question ..Did he in your opinion try his best ? And after honestly answering the question ask yourself as a supporter , DO YOU ? ???

Its all too easy to sit in judgement and cast disrespectful comments to a servant of Liverpool Footbal Club, bottom line is "stop speaking on an empty head.........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glenbuck patriot » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:40 am

stu_the_red wrote:I'll tell you a little something about life mister Bull, its about doing what you what you can and making the best of situations. Winning isn't everything, shanks said "first is first second is nowhere" WRONG!!! Shanks also said "football isn't a matter of life and death, its much more important"... guess what John... WRONG AGAIN!!!

Stu,

ONE WORD that describes YOU for this post re Shank's

W4NKER!.......  That just about sums you up in my eye's!
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:46 am

Hi Glenbuck , you getting angry again mate ? :D 

Before you jump all over me mate I think maybe After Hillsborough , Shanks' famous quote appears a little hollow although I know he didn't mean life and Death literally....when you consider how much football affects and pervades peoples lives for many it IS more important than many things IN THEIR LIVES and i understand Shanks enough to know that he probabbly was referring to the importance of the sport to the ordinary working class man .....

Anyway Hope your well mate and good to hear from you :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:50 am

Dalglish wrote:Houllier probably hasn't even cleared his desk fully and the pack of wolves have already gathered to pick over his career at Liverpool and belittle his achievements ???  And there I was thinking LFC fans were different from your average "Spurs, Villa, _ (Fil in as appropriate) fickle supporters.

FACT - He removed the spice boys and brought discipline back to LFC

FACT - He made Liverpool the 3rd most successful club side in English football in the last 5 years

FACT - He made history by winning 3 cups in one season.

FACT - He qualified for Europe every year he was at the club

When you paw over his tenure at LFC ask yourself this question ..Did he in your opinion try his best ? And after honestly answering the question ask yourself as a supporter , DO YOU ? ???

Its all too easy to sit in judgement and cast disrespectful comments to a servant of Liverpool Footbal Club, bottom line is "stop speaking on an empty head.........

Daliglish, you should think heavily about posting before you do so, and you serioucsly need to read a book about what Liverpool fc is all about, cause beleive me, i dont think you do.

1. Houllier brought and end to the spice boys?? at least the 'spice boys' never finished out of the top 4!

2. HOullier grough us 3 cups in one season? which ones? the worthless cup, the Fa cup, and the ueafa cup? the worthless cup and the ueafa cup are best left for blackburn, man city, celticnewcastle and other lesser teams.

do you know dalglish that we have won 4 european cups? and are the most successful team in history in england??? do you? ???? ???? ???? ?????

the worthington cup, finishing 3rd/ 4th, is a pure joke! and Houllier is a clown with juggling rings

Muppet!

If you think Houllier did a good job,,or any LFC fan on this site, then what do you think the purpose of LFc is then and their aims?
in terms orf their aims, houllier has failed miserably
84-1083280474

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:54 am

Dalglish, forgot to mention........he qualified for europe every year did he? why was it last year we werent even in the champions league? ???? ?????? never mind the UeAFA CUP YOU LOSER!

If you mean by "Europe", the ueafa cup, then you need to go away and have a long think about what LFc stands for?

It stands for.......LOSERS (Houllier), are Fu**ing C*nts!!!!!!!!

He made us a top 3 team did he? then a 4th and 5th place team, neare relagation than the top

get yer facts straight
84-1083280474

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion