Cisse wants to play for houllier - He turned down real madrid for houllier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Cisse wants to play for houllier - He turned down real madrid for houllier

Cisse should want to play for Liverpool and not for Houllier, if he isn't committed to the club then he should not be signed
82%
I rate Cisse and would want him here even if it is under "false circumstances"
18%

Total votes : 17

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:24 pm

According to reports Cisse is set to sign for Liverpool. The player has made the following comments : -

Taken from bbc website

Djibril Cisse said he had turned down two offers from Real Madrid because he was so keen to link up with under-fire Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier.
A deal worth £14m is thought to already have been agreed for the 22-year-old.

Cisse told the Liverpool website: "I could have gone to Real Madrid. I had two offers from them. But Anfield is the better move for me."

"I hope with all my heart that he keeps his job because if he's not the manager it would be a serious blow."

Cisse added: "He's the one I spoke to, the one I negotiated with and the one I agreed the deal with.

"If he isn't going to be there then the challenge for me is going to be even tougher. I could have gone to Real Madrid. I had two offers from them. But Anfield is the better move for me."

If he wants to play for Liverpool FC then it shouldn't matter who is manager. If he is coming to play because of Houllier and not because it is Liverpool FC then he can ***** off. Hopefully Houllier will leave in the summer and then we'll see if he still signs
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:32 pm

Cisse has reportedly been offered £40,000 a week TAX FREE I don't know how much that comes to but I'm bloody sure Wenger wouldn't pay it.
He's fell out with Guy Roux because he wouldn't behave himself and the weakest manager we've ever had wants to take him on - doesn't make sense to me, but then again, little that Houllier does makes sense .
I do not believe that he turned Real Madrid down in favour of us unless he doesn't fancy the strict disipline there.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:44 pm

He was probably aware Real Madrid have some World Class players and didn't want to rot on the bench. We should proceed with caution until Houllier's future at the club, or lack of, is certain. I would not give Houllier any more money for the time being and certainly no promises should he make it into next. A £14m transfer for a manager who has not cut it in the last two seasons, regardless of what we might win or where we might finish, is a MASSIVE risk
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:41 pm

Seems a bit dodgy, and if Houllier is being given rights to player transfers for the next season it probably means he isn't going anywhere.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:46 pm

Ciise said last month that he would come to Liverpool regardless of Houllier's position as he was "in love with the club". Apparently he is a fan.

Personally I am very nervous about signing Cisse.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:04 pm

Then he should have not showed doubt about it concerning Houllier's future.

I am also very worried, mainly because of the price. Houllier's two most expensive signings are Heskey and Diouf - do we really need another to complete the stooges?
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Supermarius » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:34 pm

I agree with whoever said it shouldnt matter who our boss is.
Its like hes tellin our club..Oh if my friends not in charge -im not playin! Well f##k away off then Cisse -Go to real madrid!
  By the way..who are ya? lol I cant believe the boards lettin this move go ahead..He should try signin a top class striker from the premier league..who we all know and who is adapted to the tempo of english football.
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby Gareth G » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:34 pm

I am one of a few who can't wait for Cisse to turn up, but if that's his attitude then he can lick Houllier's a#se somewhere else!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:42 pm

I think we all should be a bit nervous about this impending transfer.
It seems that the word around the players in France is to try and get to Liverpool.
Big money, no effort required and a dozey French manager who won't give you a rollicking even if you are rubbish.
Real Madrid are tough on discipline and we only have Cisse (or his agents word) that they even wanted him anyway.
Right now we have a manager running out of excuses (his latest is to blame refs for getting managers the sack...what?)
We have a bad management structure at Liverpool from top to bottom and it needs changing rapidly.
We have players who are not pulling their weight (except for Stevie G).
We need a tough Board a tougher manager and players with skill and passion - not the bunch of girls I saw playing against Wolves.
My advice to Cisse! Don't come pal unless you are prepared to work your b***s off for the greatest club in the world - if and when you ever get here that is.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:46 pm

I have said before that Houllier has bought so much cr@p that he should be lmited to a "buy from what you sell" policy. If he can offload Biscan, Heskey and Diao, maybe raising £7m+ for them, then he should have that to spend. The trouble is we will have difficulty getting the money back that we spent on so many players, lumbering ourselves with another play who might be "the next............" would be plain stupid - Liverpool can't keep throwing money at Houllier to squander
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brian cresswell » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:52 pm

the only way i would be convinced of cisse would be if wenger was interested in him.Its sad really when you admire another managers talent for the transfer market,but when you compare wengers henry, viera, pires, campbell to houlliers biscan, diouf, daio,it says it all really, so can we risk another 14 million on another foreigner houllier rates
brian cresswell

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:55 pm

I'm not saying Cisse is a bad player, its just that I'm nervous about him coming given what happened with Heskey and Diouff.

Some people talk about Cisse being the guy that will save Liverpool, personally, while I certainly hope he does, I think it is a bit naive given our record over the past 14 years of buying expensive strikers.

Dean Saunders, Stan Collymore, Emile Heskey, El Hadji Diouff......can we add Djbril Cisse to that list?

I hope Cisse scores 20 league goals a season should he sign for us, but I'm extremely sceptical.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:15 pm

when you compare wengers henry, viera, pires, campbell to houlliers biscan, diouf, daio,it says it all really, so can we risk another 14 million on another foreigner houllier rates

This is a dickheads attitude.

I'll pitch Wengers best signings against Houlliers worst signings to make me look clever.

So does this mean Houllier is better than Ferguson... Hyypia, Kewell, Henchoz, Babbel and Hamann to Forlan, Djemba-Djemba, Taibi, Fortune and Veron.

Look at both sides of the argument and be objective or don't bother posting.
115-1073096938

Postby ckay » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:26 am

Wenger may be a good manager but he's made his fair share of sh*t buys. Wiltord never set the world alight and neither did Kanu.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zackboxer » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:00 am

Houllier has some bloody awful signings but he has also made some bloody good ones. If you look at our strongest team it isn't far off being as good as anybody's.

With the team playing so badly and underachieving is that every signing he makes will be under greater scrutiny. Ferguson and Wenger could afford the odd mistake in the transfer market because there teams were still winning title's etc.

More worrying is that even the good signings rarely seem to produce there best form, the team has no consistency and GH doesn't seem to be able to get the squad to play to anything like it's potential even when all players are available. Some of his teams selections and tactics are just bizarre.
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion