Houllier's wasted millions - Back rafa this summer like houllier was.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:42 am

Ashton is a very good player and West Ham will be rewarded for taking the "risk" on him.

He's already settled in and scored goals, just like he did at Norwich last year.

Let us see him in 18 months and see how high his star will rise.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:59 am

I've raved about Ashton for years and funny enough even called him a young shearer in waiting on here a year back.Its criminal that such a decent striker was on our door step and we didnt take him....
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby i_luv_bfl » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:35 pm

Why back Rafa? so he can pump more money into Spain on average players? How about taking this club back to its English roots. Most of the fans are not scousers and neither are the players! sort it out!
i_luv_bfl

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:42 pm

i_luv_bfl wrote:Why back Rafa? so he can pump more money into Spain on average players? How about taking this club back to its English roots. Most of the fans are not scousers and neither are the players! sort it out!

Don't be silly.

Crouch, Carson, Agger, Zenden, Fowler, Besian Idrizaj, Martin, Hobbs, Anderson and Ramon Calliste weren't bought from Spain.
Infact, 8 of the 10 named above were bought from English clubs, and 6 of them are English, with Calliste being a Welshman.

Grow up you silly tart.  :nod

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:55 pm

i_luv_bfl wrote:Why back Rafa? so he can pump more money into Spain on average players? How about taking this club back to its English roots. Most of the fans are not scousers and neither are the players! sort it out!

How many english internationals has the Peoples club got?
Old Mother Hibbert for England yer havin a feckin laugh  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GerrardisKing » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:41 pm

Dalglish wrote:quote]
At the risk of ressurecting the Houlier debate I'd like to remind you that of the 11 players that started the European Cup Final In Istanbul in 2005 , NINE of them were Houllier players  :Oo:

Hyppia, Riise, Finnon, Baros, Dudek, Hamann and Kewell were all bought by Houllier and have been good buys in my opinion.

You simply can't quote Houllier's poor signings to somehow advocate the bankrolling of Benitez. Anyway Rafa IS more astute than GH could ever be and I don't think he will be asking for silly money this summer. He didn't do it at Valencia and he's unlikely to do it at Liverpool.

You beat me to it aswell as the :censored: poor signings houllier made he did sign some good players we musn`t forget that.
GerrardisKing

Postby GerrardisKing » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:46 pm

It would be nice to see benitez get the same backing as houllier got but don`t think are sides that far off being a great side,right wing and a goalscoring striker would do for me.
GerrardisKing

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:24 pm

banburyred wrote:The question what I've been pondering is what funds the club will give Rafa in the summer, so that he can buy the quality of strikers that we need to win the premiership.  When thinking about the sum needed I couldn't stop being reminded of the £34M spent by Houllier on Cisse, Cheyrou, Diouf and Diao. Rafa would never have wasted this amount so easily and I just hope the board show the same trust in Rafa and back him heavily this summer as they did with Houllier.

According to some footy show I saw on tv the other day , Rafa has spent £50 million since arriving at LFC . It's not as if the club have failed to provide him with money .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby weringo » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:35 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
banburyred wrote:The question what I've been pondering is what funds the club will give Rafa in the summer, so that he can buy the quality of strikers that we need to win the premiership.  When thinking about the sum needed I couldn't stop being reminded of the £34M spent by Houllier on Cisse, Cheyrou, Diouf and Diao. Rafa would never have wasted this amount so easily and I just hope the board show the same trust in Rafa and back him heavily this summer as they did with Houllier.

According to some footy show I saw on tv the other day , Rafa has spent £50 million since arriving at LFC . It's not as if the club have failed to provide him with money .

Agger 5 mil
Reina 6-8?
Morientes 6
Crouch 7
Alonso 10
Luis Garcia 6
Sissoko 4
Zenden ?

48 mil, more than I thought
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby MASTER » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:27 pm

OKAY HOW THIS FOR NEXT SEASON
reina

jamie carragher
sami hyypia
daniel agger
traore
finnan
riise
warnock
kromkamp
palletta

gerrard
alonso
hamann
sissoko
garcia
routledge
kewell
simao
gonzales

crouch
yakubu
owen
pongolle
fowler
MASTER

Postby redmikey » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:08 pm

i like the idea, but routledge and yakubu would cost to much , rafa does'nt like getting taken to the cleaners on the price.
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby EddieC » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:41 pm

So far Rafa doesn't really seem to have wasted any of the money given to him, apart from Morientes, but no-one could have foreseen that. Rafa seems quite sensible with the pursestrings, I think the board should leave him to it as long as he keeps getting it right. Need to have a clear out in the summer, get rid of Cheyrou & Diao finally, plus Mori & Cisse have to go. Those 4 should bring in around 10-15 mill, plus UCL money, should equal quite a nice transfer kitty.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAGE UK » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:38 pm

I am what some of you call an out of towner and get very p.i.s,s,e,d off with being clased as some one that should not suport liverpool fc becouse i dont live there .
ive suported lfc for over 30 years i go to as many games as i can but not as many as i would like becouse i live faw away but does that make my love for liverpool fc any less then yours becouse you live closer to the ground then i do .no i think not. i got my 1st liverpool tatt in 1981 and wear it with grate pride.
please dont put down what you call out of towners becouse you live nearer to the ground then i do .

.............................................................> RAGE UK <...................................................................
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby RAGE UK » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:45 pm

LOL SORRY I FORGOT TO ADD A QUOTE LOL.
NEVER MIND MY ANGER HAS GONE NOW ANYWAY LOL .
BYE .
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby banburyred » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:39 pm

RAGE UK wrote:I am what some of you call an out of towner and get very p.i.s,s,e,d off with being clased as some one that should not suport liverpool fc becouse i dont live there .
ive suported lfc for over 30 years i go to as many games as i can but not as many as i would like becouse i live faw away but does that make my love for liverpool fc any less then yours becouse you live closer to the ground then i do .no i think not. i got my 1st liverpool tatt in 1981 and wear it with grate pride.
please dont put down what you call out of towners becouse you live nearer to the ground then i do .

.............................................................> RAGE UK <...................................................................

Well said Rage!
banburyred

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion