Cisse wants to play for houllier - He turned down real madrid for houllier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Cisse wants to play for houllier - He turned down real madrid for houllier

Cisse should want to play for Liverpool and not for Houllier, if he isn't committed to the club then he should not be signed
82%
I rate Cisse and would want him here even if it is under "false circumstances"
18%

Total votes : 17

Postby ckay » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:14 am

The most disapointing player for me is Owen. He just looks so unhappy playing for GH at the moment. He also seems to be playing deeper deeper to try and get into the game.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:43 am

If we buy Cisse for 14 million then this will probably be our only buy this summer unless we can get someone on a free. As many of you've said of perhaps we should look at buying tested players in England, or, as much as I hate to say it and don't want to believe it, it could be another season of mediocracy for our great club. I mean although most of us aren't great footballers and would never get the chance to play professional football, i think we would show more passion than a few of our current crop, correct me if im wrong, where is the committment? they should be willing to do anything for the club and we need a manager who will instil this belief into our players, not just give em a bit of a slap on the wrist like GH, but rather give them a good kick up the a#se and remind them who they're playing for!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:43 am

I can't understand why GH is so keen to sign a talented player who has a temprament "problem" and no experience of english football when he let Anelka one of the best players in the premiership with a similar temprament "problem " BUT loads of experience in the premiership go to Man City.
For me all GHs' decisions are suspect.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:22 pm

GH did not sign Anelka (proven scorer in premier league) because he had an attitude problem. So does not really make sense to sign Cisse (Unproven scorer in premier league) who is a prima donna in the french league.

I hope Cisse is not a panic buy to appease the fans.

Would rather if we buy Robbie Keane and Alan Smith (he should come cheap if leads is relegated) for 14 million combined.

Time to go british......... no more french misfits please.......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:27 pm

i really like robbie keane. i think he's pure class. i wanted us to sign him when leeds got into financial trouble.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:30 pm

The_Rock wrote:Time to go british......... no more french misfits please.......

Do you think GH gets a commision every time he buys a piece of overhyped sh*te ?
I mean every manager buys one or two players that dont live up to expectations but Houllier has a fkn bus load of them ! So why does he keep buying them ?
Either there's something in it for him OR he's a sh*t judge of footballing talent !!! (surely not GH ???  ???  ??? )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:54 pm

stmichael wrote:i really like robbie keane. i think he's pure class. i wanted us to sign him when leeds got into financial trouble.

I heard rumours that spurs wants to unload keane to strengthen the squad in other areas. If it was true, i second that liverpool should buy him.

A classy player who supported liverpool as a youngster. What more can you ask for ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lx_here » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:03 pm

if Cissé came it's because of Houllier. the negociation have begin  1 year ago with houllier Cissé want to be sure that he will have  all that he have wanted. Sorry but he is not a "fan" of liverpool, he says that " Marseille is in his heart" but he will go to liverpool because he will earn more money and because of Houllier. he is a mercenary. if houiller is fired i don't believe that Cissé will came. IF henry go to Real, i'm sure that Wenger will take Cissé. Cissé is incredible, a great player but....
Lx_here

Postby supersub » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:01 am

It's interesting that the posts put forward by the french members recently have nearly all given the thumbs up concerning the ability of Cisse.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:49 am

yeah, absolutely no bias there! I put a poll in a manu forum asking where they would finish and 10 out of 13 voted "champions"........... It's natural for some people to get excited at the prospect of a new player, but it is the ridiculous amounts Houllier pays for players that have flopped that puts some of us off. I'd give anyone a chance, but it's like paying £25+ for a DVD you've never seen......
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:52 am

Houllier has made some great signings and some bad ones, and as Stu rightly says, so have all the other managers in the league.

For Man UTD read Taibi, Forlan, Veron, Djemba Djemba, Kleberson etc.

For Arsenal read Cygan, Wright, Jeffers etc.

The big difference is that Houllier made some very bad signings at a time when the team looked like it was on the verge of REALLY challenging UTD and Arsenal but it was agreed that he needed to sign two or three top players....instead he gambled on a few guys he liked from the French League which backfired disasterously.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:57 am

Owzat wrote:I'd give anyone a chance, but it's like paying £25+ for a DVD you've never seen......

I think thats an excellent analogy Owzat.

I'm not saying Cisse is a bad player and I sincerely hope that if he comes here he will succeed, but I cannot take those people on this forum seriously who claim that he is a class act etc, as I very much doubt that anybody other than those French members of the forum who actually follow French league football and go to see games regularly have any real idea of what Cisse is actually right.

Its like Man UTD fans currently calling for the signing of Rafeal Van Der Vart.

I have seen Van Der Vart (as well as a few of his team mates like Trablesi and Ibrahamivic) playing on tv in the Champions League as well as brief highlights on Eurosport, but while he looks like a good player, I wouldn't gamble £15million on him without knowing more about him. Its the same with Cisse.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion