Enough is enough - Houllier out please!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby oldredeyes » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:34 pm

I have been watching the reds for over forty years and yesterday was the first time I have come close to booing the team off the pitch. I didn't  - but only because I have so much respect for that fantastic red shirt. The players are totally inadequate and the whole management structure is a disgrace. We are lost and survive on a sea of excuses - but it really must end now.
I just rang my son up and told him he can use my season ticket for the rest of the season as I don't want to watch the team I love so much play so bloody awful week in and week out. I don't want to be forced into booing any Liverpool team. So I will stay away until GH leaves and takes his circus with him. Please do it soon - time is running out!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:37 pm

Its sad when a lifelong red cant bear to watch the team ,very depressing supporting the team right now.It was like this toward the end of the souness era,just counting down the days till we could make a new start with a different manager.Hopefully we wont have to wait too long.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:55 pm

After promising so much a couple of seasons back, I can't believe it has come to this.  The team needs to be ripped apart from the top downwards.  A core of Kirkland, Gerrard, Owen, Kewell, Otsemobor, Le Tallec and Pongolle need to be playing week in week out, and have the team built around them.  They are the future.

Especially the last three.  Why does the management of this club say they need to bed in and they need more time?  They're young, rough and most of all HUNGRY!!!  They have nothing to prove, they don't care for egos, and they show the attitude the more senior players should be demonstrating - that there is nothing to be frightened of. 

The only good thing I can see about playing Heskey, Biscan, Traore, Smicer, Cheyrou, Diao etc..., is that they are in the shop window for other teams to take them off our books.  Complete wastes of space.  I would keep Diouf, although I don't think he's worth £10 million.  It's not his fault he hasn't been given a run in his proper position.

Don't these overpaid ar$ehole$ know who they have the privelege to be playing for? 

I don't get it, I really, really can't understand it.
jonnymac1979

Postby 116-1065305004 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:02 pm

well if Houllier cared about the club he would leave now and let someone who is capable of winning the title take over.
He has admitted he cant win the league so he's basically admitted that he cant turn it around hasnt he?
116-1065305004

Postby JBG » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:06 pm

This is the worst Liverpool team I have ever seen.

Terrible players, terrible management, terrible excuses.

Houllier just insults us with his excuses and nonsense after matches.......we absolutely needed to beat Southampton yesterday, but that was a pitiful performance.

We are at Bolton and Middlesboro's level now and declining fast.

This is worse even than the Souness era.

I can see us picking up another few defeats over Christmas and frankly we'll be looking over our shoulders at relegation rather than the Champions League.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:09 pm

I respect everybody's comments on the forum because as the cliche goes: 'everybody is entitled to their own opinions'. The people who I respect even more are those football fans who have seen a lot more than myself such as 'oldredeyes', who has inserted a comment in this section of the discussion forum. When people such as 'oldredeyes', who have been wathching Liverpool for around 40 years claim that they are now fed up with the state of the club having never got to the point of needing to boo the club before, we must be in a bad way.:D
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:59 pm

Houllier should go
By Ian St John
Former Liverpool striker
Source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/3318899.stm

When Gerard Houllier came to Liverpool he said he had a five-year plan.

The five years are up and we are nowhere near winning the Champions League, let alone getting back to European championship status.

I think he has had a go at it, failed to do it and it is time to stand aside and let someone else have a go.

This is not something that has just happened today or yesterday, this is something that has been on the boil now for two seasons.

Last year they had a disastrous run of shocking results, but equally worrying is the quality of the football that has been played at Anfield over the last few years.

We went from a very defensive boring team to a team that this year decided to go and attack.

They bought Harry Kewell, who was a good signing, but now we have bad defenders and defensive midfield players.

There is no point in saying 'let's attack' if the back door is always open.

Liverpool have always had strong centre-backs, Tommy being one of them in his day, but today anybody can score against us.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:27 am

Ian St.John hates Houllier doesn't he?  There's no love lost between these two!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:38 am

Oldredeyes your post is spot on.I went downstairs to the bars 5 minutes before the end of the first half it was so pitiful.I sat bemused by the whole game.I couldn't believe that a Liverpool team would play so poorly.The 2nd half was just as surreal as the 1st.Our first shot/chance was on the hour mark.We started to have a go with 15 minutes left,when Southampton should and could have been leading by 3 or 4 goals.How the hell can Houllier claim we should have won,it defies all credibility.I got up and left the ground with 2 minutes of stoppage time left for that same reason you gave,I didn't want to boo.
      The players reflect how they feel about GH.They have no respect for him and most of them have little respect for us,the club and all that we had achieved over the years.It's now time for drastic action and I'm convinced Moores is feeling the same way.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:41 am

Anyone who loves the club is hurting right now.We have the right to say how we feel,be it on radio phone-ins,in the newspaper or on forums like this.We will still be there in 10 years time,that shower of sh##e yesterday won't be,in fact most of them will be gone this time next year,mark my words.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby leothelion » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:02 am

SO TRUE EVERYONE IS HURTING I HAD PLANE TICKETS BOOKED TO GO OVER IN THE NEW YEAR IM NOW CANCELLING THEM  I USED TO LOOK  FORWARD TO GOING OVER 9 OR 10 TIMES A YEAR BUT CANT SEE ANYTHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO GOING OVER NOW EXCEPT THE BRILLIANT HOSPITALITY I RECIEVE FROM THE PEOPLE IN LIVERPOL AND THE FAB NIGHT LIFE ITS SO SAD BUT AS A MAN ONCE SAID THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:55 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:This is the worst Liverpool team I have ever seen.

Terrible players, terrible management, terrible excuses.

Houllier just insults us with his excuses and nonsense after matches.......we absolutely needed to beat Southampton yesterday, but that was a pitiful performance.

We are at Bolton and Middlesboro's level now and declining fast.

This is worse even than the Souness era.

I can see us picking up another few defeats over Christmas and frankly we'll be looking over our shoulders at relegation rather than the Champions League.

We're doing just enough for Houllier to survive. I just wish we'd lose enough games on the trot to lose Houllier but I fear we would get dragged into the relegation zone. Not sure it's worse than Souness, he was pretty bad and the team, on paper, is far better now.

I believe we will lose at least four more games with the top three away to come plus other games that we are fully capable of losing.

Last season - P38 W18 D10 L10 Pts 64 Pos. 4th
Current form - P16 W6 D4 L6 Pts 22 Pos. 9th

It isn't difficult to see us equalling last season's record or even finishing lower. Bar Owen we have little up front, the defence is leaking too many goals and the midfield is not good enough. I will be shocked if Houllier does survive this season, 16 defeats in 42 games is not good enough for Liverpool FC
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:55 am

Oldredeyes, just what i was thinking. I even wanted to leave the stadium at half time because that was an embarrassment i thought i would ever see from the Souness dark years! Houllier was sat down throughout the match devoid of any ideas on how to change the system, if we had one. Just big nose shouting his gob of again. I felt sorry seeing stevie g playing with that rabble, it reminded me of Nicky Butt playing with their reserves in the carling cup. Enough is enough, the pain is destroying me and ultimately, causing problems for me at home with the girlfriend. Get him out
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ToTinho » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:42 am

I think it's time to change the gaffer .. I dont forget that GH made something in his first 3 years but with players like Diouf, Smicer , Diao , Cheyrou, Heskey , Biscan and Traore it's logic you are in the 9th place ... I prefer that houllier goes before our best players do so ..
ToTinho

Postby Cleman » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:45 am

would agree with Owzat.

As a Liverpool fan I never wish Liverpool to lose.....but now I have to see Liverpool continues losing points and fell out of top 10.....this is the only way to show the exit for Houllier.....

For the coming fixtures
away game against Wolverhamtop :
Liverpool lost to Portsmouth before and thus there is no surprise Liverpool lose again

Home game against Bolton :
Bolton can get 3 points from Chelsea, no doubt they can do it again at Anfield

Away game against Man City :
Man City is hoping to improve their game as well, there is no advantage for Liverpool in this game

Away game against Chelsea :
Title contender Chelsea sure will try to get full 3 points to keep their hope for the champion

There is possible Liverpool cannot win a single game from the above 4
Cleman

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion