Houllier warned by moores - Could houllier be nearing the end?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redandblue » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:31 pm

Moores should have said that finishing outside the top two is unacceptable to LFC and that our overriding objective is to win the Premiership and to qualify for the latter stagers of the Champions Cup. Setting an objective for us to finish fourth is pathetic beyond belief.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:27 pm

Yes I feel that Moores is as much a problem as Houllier is. The great John Smith wasn't adverse to making some tough calls when he was chairman. Press ganging Bob Paisley into becoming the boss , passing over Ronnie Moran as manager on several occasions and apparently going back on a promise to Phil Neal were all tough calls to make. No doubt at the time there were disagreements in the boardroom but on each occasion the correct decision was made.
Contrast this with the weak and indecisive stewardship of David Moores. An inheritor of great wealth rather than a self made successful businessman , Moores has made a number of completely crass decisions whilst in charge.I did  not  really disagree
with the appointment of Souness when Kenny left but I feel that Moore's judgement of Souness became flawed. He was lucky to have survived "Loverpool" and should have gone in 1993 after a poor league campaign and embarassing cup exits. Instead we let him continue , waste millions on Clough and Dicks , and then let him go.
We then return to the bootroom philosophy and appoint Roy Evans. After a promising 1st 2 seasons Evans began to lose the plot and although we remained in the top 4 he should really have gone in the summer of 1997 ( please note on today's criteria he would have qualified for the CL in all his full seasons ).
Moores finally realised that Evans wasn't the answer a year late but failed to act decisively. Rather than remove Evans they appoint Houllier as a joint manager. What an inspired decision that proved to be ! Roy finally gets the message after an awful cup exit to spurs. Unfortunately the remainder of the season is a write off and we don't qualify for Europe at all.
Now we appear to have gone full circle again. Already out of one cup competition and a million miles away from the top 3 , let alone the league.
It's simply not good enough for thousands of Liverpool supporters. Problem is that it seems to be good enough for David Moores. If you are really the proud supporter that you claim to be Mr Moores then please act now. Otherwise you could be remembered as the man who presided over our fall into oblivion.
THEBARON

Postby Owzat » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:49 am

The finger should be on the trigger at all times. We are settling for mediocrity and allowing Kermit moores time (like the pun?) is criminal. The results over the past season have been dreadful with 15 defeats in only 41 games. Our record of 2002/3 read almost identical to Arsenal's this season after 12 games but since it has been mid-table :-

First 12 games of 2002/3 - P12 W9 D3 L0 PTS 30
Last 26 games of 2002/3 - P26 W9 D7 L10 PTS 34
First 15 games of 2003/4 - P15 W6 D4 L5 PTS 22

Since our 12 game unbeaten start to 2002/3 :-

P41 W15 D11 L15 PTS 56

I can't see how a manager at a club as big as Liverpool FC can get away with form like that over the course of 41 games - do something Parry, Moores, anyone!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:05 pm

A good analysis which sums us up perfectly. 56 points gets us about ten points from the relegation zone. Well done GH.

As for Moores, he HAS presided over our slide from being one of Europe's elite to also rans. You are right...the great John Smith took tough decisions. Brainless Moores is simply incapable of managing a club the size of Liverpool. He is the wrong man to take the club forward. we desperately need a new chairman, a new CEO and of course a decent manager.

Do you seriously think that Moores has the intelligence to make the right call to replace GH? No.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wendi Richter » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:08 pm

##! Big talking from Moores!!

He is the bleeding problem.
I need a leg, I buy a leg. Not a lamp.
Wendi Richter

Postby Wendi Richter » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:11 pm

##! Big talking from Moores!!

He IS the bleeding problem. It starts at the top, and we need a clean out. Moores, GH, and about half a dozen players, including Diao, Heskey, Biscan, Dudek, and about 3 or 4 others need to be replaced with world class qulaity in each of their areas.

Smicer, Riise, Diouf, Traore, Murphy - theyre not back ups a world class team would ever play. 
I need a leg, I buy a leg. Not a lamp.
Wendi Richter

Postby redandblue » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:03 pm

That's about right. Moores is a bigger problem than Houllier. I mean, once GH finally goes, do we have any confidence that this imbecile will make the right call for LFC?? Er, no. We could end up with Sammy Lee. Mind you, that would be better than GH!
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:26 pm

Guys guys calm down.  At the beginning of the season I would have agreed with you and Moores is a problem but I've doing a bit of research of my own and am now actually beginning to take to David Moores. 

I think he will make the right decision and let Houlier go but there's no one on this site or anywhere who is as committed to Liverpool as much as David Moores.  In relative terms he young for a chairman and he 's still learning the game.  He hired Houlier on bad advice and I don't think he'll make the same mistake again.  Moores currently has adapted the philosophy of hoping for the best but expecting the worst, he knows Houlier's given all he can to this club and will get rid of him. 

If we get two more defeats this side of the transfer window Houlier is gone. 
Why?
Well because LFC can not sustain the current wage structure in the absence of Champions league football.  Owen will have to go and that would put liverpool into an ever decreasing spiral.  We may not be playing well but we are still regarded as being one of the elite clubs in Europe, Lose that and we could become the next Spurs.

Moores has very little money available but he may eventually have to gamble and bring in a new coach giving them money to spend in order to get fourth place.  If Houlier survives Xmas the next hurdle is the Uefa Cup lose that and its good bye Mr Houlier.  No Europe means no funds, no job.

One other possible yet highly unlikely possibility is that Yeovil beat us in the F.A.cup.  Remember the outcomes for digger Barnes when his Celtic squad got chinned by Caledonian Thistle.  BYE BYE.

If you don't think two defeats are likely this side of Xmas just lokk at the fixtures and think about how we are playing.  We are only 8 points from a relegation spot.  With Houlier anything is possible, except that is winning the premiership.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby redandblue » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:03 pm

No one questions Moores' commitment to LFC. That's not the issue. The issue is his ability to make the right calls for the club, particularly when things are difficult. The club at the moment needs guidance and leadership. David Moores simply does not have what it takes to provide this.

Under his stewardship, we have not won the league. And he has put up with a manager for five long years and remember, many of us had serious reservations about the style of play, even when we won those three trophies.

Moores is Liverpool through and through. But he is hardly known for being the sharpest blade in the drawer and unfortunately, he simply is out of his depth. I do believe that Moores is a bigger problem than GH. I have absolutely zero confidence that he can make the right decisions for the club. I do believe that he cares passionately for the club. Unfortunately, that's not enough, particularly given our current predicament.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:54 pm

We are always deflecting in this forum.  Houlier and Houlier alone is the problem.  JBG has always rightly said that getting rid of him is the easy part replacing him with somebody to do the job we want is much more difficult. David Moores know that!  Please stay focused on the main problem and them we can look at behind the scences. Any idiot can be a chairman as long as they keep there nose out of the football side and let the CEO look after the bussiness side.  I could do it for goodness sake and that's a bold statement.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:11 pm

Yes I agree Big Al, Moores is not the problem, he has always provided funds and not got involved with the football side of things.

Replacing Houllier with the right man is the problem. If we sack him now and kick dickhead Thompson out with him, putting Sammy Lee in charge until the end of the season is a good option. And then pursue with trying to get one particular man. If he goes now we will have trouble finding a good manager to replace him straight away, and could result in a rash selection.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:23 pm

Oh well, I disagree. We are stuck with GH because our clown of a chairman dithers and can't get rid of him. GH is clearly a problem but only because we have a bigger one upstairs. Between the two of them, they are doing great damage to the club.

I have little confidence that Moores will get rid of Houllier before May 04. He may even survive beyond that if we finish fourth. And if we do get rid of GH, I have absolutely no confidence that Moores would select the most suitable guy for the job.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion