Enough is enough - Houllier out please!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:09 am

The reason I say that things are worse than in the Souness era is because at least back then there was some hope for drastic improvement, as Man UTD weren't that far ahead of us on or off the pitch, i.e. Liverpool could still have the pick of the best players in England on the transfer market and back then it was only three years since we won the league.

Now it is almost 14 years since we won the league and we are miles behind Man UTD and Chelsea financially.

I think that it is a terrible thing for the club for critics to say that in facing Wolves, Man City, Bolton and Chelsea in our games over Christmas we have a very difficult run of games ahead of us. You know we have sunk low when people say that games to Man City and Bolton are going to be difficult. To cap that, unless we get Owen and Kewell back for the Chelsea game, we face a hiding, as Stamford Bridge has never been a lucky ground for us.

If it was any other club (even Spurs) Houllier would be sacked by now, although if he loses a couple over Christmas then even Moores' undying loyalty to him will not save his bacon.

However, I can see Houllier fluking a few wins over Man City, Wolves and Bolton, and maybe a draw against Chelsea to save his job, before losing a few soft games again in January.

I predicted back in August that Liverpool will have an inconsistent season of winning a few matches before losing a few soft ones, and so far I have been right.

I hate saying this but I'd almost prefer if we lost the next three on the trot to ensure that Houllier gets the chop, but can we trust Moores and Parry to get in a proper replacement?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:49 pm

On current form we'll stay mid-table. If we get worse, we'll sink into the really humiliating depths of the Premiership

Projections with 22 games left

- 42 points would give us 64, same as last season. That would involve form something like W13 D3 L6. Achievable but maybe not so on current form.

- 48 points would give us 70, good enough to finish 3rd last season. This would require form something like W15 D3 L4. This is our realistic best hope, possibly that which Houllier was basing his possible 3rd on but unlikely to get there with the top three all heading for 80+ points

- 30 points would give us 52 points, which is what we're on course for. This would put us about 8th last season

- 62 points would give us 84 points, which I reckon would be about Championship winning form this season. This would require W20 D2 L0 from now until the end of the season.

The problem is the targets for top three finishes will probably be higher this season with the top three so far ahead. This may mean the fourth spot target will be lower this season........
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:15 pm

Owzat wrote:- 62 points would give us 84 points, which I reckon would be about Championship winning form this season. This would require W20 D2 L0 from now until the end of the season.

:D  :D  :D  :D

Good research Owzat!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:22 pm

A few more reults like that and he will be on his way out, if things are in a simlar position come January he will be out on his ear.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PASSIONATE » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:53 pm

TIME TO SAY GOODBYE    THIS DISPLAY LACKED EVERYTHING THAT LIVERPOOL IS ALL ABOUT  AS WELL AS THE MANAGER SOME OF THE TEAM ARE NOT PRODUCING WHAT IS ASKED OF THEM AND SHOULD GO AS WELL
PASSIONATE

Postby Bobby Flash » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:04 pm

GH needs the money to sign and sustain world class players ... we did not sign Anelka because we could not afford the Salary ...

Lost Boumsong ... same thing
No player is bigger than the club ... but the club needs to think as big as the players do ..
Bobby Flash

Postby Bobby Flash » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:06 pm

Houllier ... is the right guy ... he bought us more silver ware than any of the other post KD managers ...
Bobby Flash

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:09 pm

I don''t think Houllier should be given more money. A manager earns his wages by perfroming in these sort of situations(injuries).  After the rash signings of summer 2002, the board should be more careful before givin money to him.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bobby Flash » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:34 pm

Protest all you want ... GH will not go anywhere ... he will be here next season ... but with Fire in his belly ... He seems to have lost the passion ... infact if you look at the PREMish ... Fergie (the whore) aside there is nobody like the likes of Shankley, Fagan, Dalglish,

Marton O'Neil ... would just turn around to Parry ... i need some money and buy ... this would mean another 3 to 5 yrs behind the Chelsksi, BummmmNAL, Wanc Utd
Bobby Flash

Postby Pocman » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:34 pm

I have been going through these messages and have found that Houllier is the main scapegoat for the teams' recent performances. Yeah the guy has lost his way and the end can't be too far off but I would blame the players at his disposal too.

Now maybe the problem is that they are trying to adjust to different formations, cope with injuries, blah, blah, blah, but are some of them really able to play football? I have only seen them on television recently and some of them can't even grasp the basics - first touch, pass and go, etc.

In any other job - if you don't produce the goods you normally get the boot. I wonder how many of these players and management would cop themselves on if they were threatened with being docked some of their hefty pay cheques for their performances?   

I wonder how many of them would stand up and be counted if they thought that they might lose something that they consider more imortant than winning for Liverpool FC - their weekly wage.

The wages that a footballer takes home nowadays are crazy - how many of them really justify getting paid this much?

These guys are overpaid, underworked and just not up to it (with the exception of 2 or 3 players). Bring in players who actually care about the club...
Pocman

Postby greenred » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:46 pm

Who bought the players?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:04 pm

Houllier should not be given any more time or money whatsoever. He hasn't a clue what to do with it, time for MON to have a go . I do agree with the theory that the clubs infrastructure is wrong we have a huge fan base worldwide but seem blinkered in the fact that merchandising our product is a bad thing. We'd get more revenue, younger fans globally, pay bigger wages, and more importantly get the better players. So thats one for Parry and Moores to decide.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:24 pm

greenred wrote:Who bought the players?

Exactly! The manager's job is to identify the right players for the job and get the best out of them. Everyone knows that some of Houllier's buys aren't good enough yet he plays the likes of Heskey as if they are

- If the players aren't good enough, the manager should see them and buy players who are

- If the players are good enough, the manager isn't get the best out of them

Either way the buck stops with the manager.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:28 pm

I agree with pocman that the players also have to take some blame for our s##t results.
However the ultimate responsibility for our current plight is the manager. He bought all these players , he watches them in training , he coaches them and he picks them.
Yes we have a lot of overpaid , overated , underworked and underachieving players on our books.
But ultimately who is responsible for all of this ?
THEBARON

Postby supersub » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:03 am

Correct...The buck has to stop somewhere and that somewhere is Houllier.His team,his players,his style of motivation,his neck on the chopping block.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion