Houllier's wasted millions - Back rafa this summer like houllier was.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:46 pm

fair point stu.

but the team he took over all knew him and had played with him to win a great double with a brilliant goal against chelski

his management cv after that is not great. blackburn aside.  and at the time people were making the same argument about buying the league that chelski suffering with now, even if the amount of money is worlds apart

kenny is defo in my top 5 players , and bottom 5 worst tv pundits :D
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:07 pm

you would struggle to find a bad player maureen has signed because he just buys the best players.

whether he makes them fit into his system or not is what he will be judged on in the long run

fergie for as much as i hate him always seems to get the best of of his players,

wenger has only ever payed alot of money for reyes because arsenal have ploughed all the money into there stadium over the last few years.

and yes if rafa could by henry and horsehead we would be doing better.

also if we could clone pele, have superman on the right and find a diamond mine under anfield we would sorted for next season.....  genius
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:08 pm

i wonder if SWP would be available in the summer from chumpski
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:10 pm

SWP may become available, but he would never sell him to us, we are his biggest rivals, and that wouldnt make sense to maureen ee o
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:13 pm

dawson99 wrote:SWP may become available, but he would never sell him to us, we are his biggest rivals, and that wouldnt make sense to maureen ee o

maybe a loan deal dawson??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:14 pm

chelski don't need to sell anyone and maureen will be happy to have player taking the money and not caring.

SWP must be gutted he took the golden ticket to no-wheresville
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:17 pm

redmikey wrote:you would struggle to find a bad player maureen has signed because he just buys the best players.

what like drogba and del horno? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redmikey » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:21 pm

drogba isn't a henry type player st mike but i can't think off a better battering ram striker in the epl at the moment( that aside he is a horrible diving cheating arrogant sh'it)

and del horno has been mr consistant until messi made him look daft and matched him at acting
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:23 pm

stmichael wrote:
redmikey wrote:you would struggle to find a bad player maureen has signed because he just buys the best players.

what like drogba and del horno? ???

what about Arjen ''bit part player and someones pulled my spine out'' Robben
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:25 pm

you can say alot judge but he isn't a bad player.  a bad human being yes but being a hobbit he has no idea how grown ups behave
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:32 pm

Arjen Robben?

He's one of the best left sided players in world football. I'd snap Chelsea's hand off for him.
115-1073096938

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:38 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Arjen Robben?

He's one of the best left sided players in world football. I'd snap Chelsea's hand off for him.

stu, ensure that when you do snap chumpski's hand off for him, that he doesnt take a dive, as if you have just shot him or ripped his spinal cord out, by just walking past him  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:39 pm

Most football managers will buy bad players - Look at Wenger and Jeffers.  :D
AlanHansen

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:47 pm

redmikey wrote:imo roy evans would have done a better job but he lost his job because of collymore and the trouble he caused in a good young team, if you look back to the evans era we were a cracking team if just a little inconsistant,

houllier is up there with daglish for me, as a manager who was paper sucessful but did more harm than good, i know that might be abit contriversal but daglish was an amasing player but a terrible manager

I can't say I agree with that statement.

You can't say that Daglish was a terrible manager when he was the last manager to win us a League title.  :Oo:  :no True Daglish was managing the tail end of an era, that why he jumped ship. He left on a high.

Our team under Evans was good but his mangerial skills we're neglible. His emotion for the club blinded his reason, he couldn't make the big decisions needed. I mean what is Evans doing now, the fact he isn't managing a is testament to his inability to manage. From being manager to just scraping a job as assistant manager speaks volumes, IMO the board we're at fault for appointing him.

Houllier brought a breathe of fresh air to the team and a new 'winning' mentality. Initially his signings we're genius.

Hyypia - for a time our defence was the best in england, Hyypia as a signing was amazing for the price and talent signed.

Hamann - He is a true servant to the club and at times indispencable. A true liverpool great.

Henchoz and Smicer - Smicer became a cult hero and loved by the kop for his charisma and attitude, even when he couldn't hit a brick wall. Henchoz turned out to be inconsistent but did an adaquate job at his peak, and worked well with Hyypia.

Houlliers downfall was his failed signings, not only did he buy into a french market that had most of the best talent already bought by other clubs, but he paid well over the odds for fairly average players. All in all Liverpool will always thank Houllier because he began the transistion of the new liverpool team. The treble year epitomised that perfectly.

Benitez is moving liverpool back to greatnest, he is building a team to match the team of the 80s, he may never reach those heights but I am confident he will get close.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:49 pm

The players where there for us to sign at the start of the season.

Rafa made a mistake signing Crouch instead of Ashton. He made a mistake signing Morientes and he's made a mistake not signing Pennant.

Pennant has tremendous potential and someone like Rafa can help him realise that. With players like Alonso, Gerrard and Carragher around him it would only benefit him as a person and a player.

Ashton can do everything Crouch can do and more. He's a better alround player with more physical presence and pace, far greater goalscoring ability and just probably very similar in terms of link up play. He's better at receiving balls with a defender around him aswell.

Crouch has four league goals.
Ashton has three in five games for West Ham.

This summer we should test West Ham's resolve and try and get Asthon and we should go in for Pennant, they're the right players at the right price. I would be suprised if you couldn't get Pennant for 6.5million and i would be suprised if you can't get Ashton for 10million.

Those two players would leave us lacking one top quality striker. The squad would have strength and depth and we'd be able to challenge.

Traore and Cisse must go as they aren't good enough. We aren't a team that can afford one weak link in a game, when the two of them play as against Charlton, it costs us the game. Between them they don't contribute enough and ruin the rhythm of the other good players around them when they conceed possession and do stupid things.
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion