Houllier left with class - Last words on houllier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:22 pm

JohnBull wrote:The reason we won so much in the 70s & 80s was because a system had been developed by Shanks and Paisley.
There were improvements to the basic system but it worked and was copied by every successful team in Europe.
Things started to go wrong when the smart-****** came  in and thought that they knew better - that they could change the system and go for the total football of Brazil or Ajax or whatever.
Shanks knew  that apart from being a simple game, most footballers are simple anyway. Keeping the gameplan simple makes sense. Don't give them anything to think about - just give them a job to do and stick to it!

John Bull are you so determined to get the last word in ? you blatantly overlook
Obvious signs that the argument is closed ,Leon’s post being the opportune moment to
Put this debate to bed ,we are all entitled to our differing opinions however debatable they may seem , but yours are just bordering on ludicrous, to call Houllier Le prique is hateful and malicious and doesn’t warrant any space on this forum, in fact some of the vile names Houllier has been described as would be better suited to mass murderers and rapists ,
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:53 am

There is this level that the club has not reached yet. Be it the managers or the players, we have no desire to win at all now. The teams that last won the league and european glories had it in them; the desire.
Houlier tried to blend his class into the team. He brought in discipline. He improvised the training and tactics to the mordern game. The only thing he did not do is develope the club into champions.
UEFA and the other domesti cups are consolation. Being champions of EPL and CL is the glory we had missed.
Has Wenger took a very longo produce championship winning attributes into Arsenal?
The next manager, hopefully Benitez will have to do that. We can't wait 2-3 years to see progress. It has to  start right after the Euro2004.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:52 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
JohnBull wrote:The reason we won so much in the 70s & 80s was because a system had been developed by Shanks and Paisley.
There were improvements to the basic system but it worked and was copied by every successful team in Europe.
Things started to go wrong when the smart-****** came  in and thought that they knew better - that they could change the system and go for the total football of Brazil or Ajax or whatever.
Shanks knew  that apart from being a simple game, most footballers are simple anyway. Keeping the gameplan simple makes sense. Don't give them anything to think about - just give them a job to do and stick to it!

John Bull are you so determined to get the last word in ? you blatantly overlook
Obvious signs that the argument is closed ,Leon’s post being the opportune moment to
Put this debate to bed ,we are all entitled to our differing opinions however debatable they may seem , but yours are just bordering on ludicrous, to call Houllier Le prique is hateful and malicious and doesn’t warrant any space on this forum, in fact some of the vile names Houllier has been described as would be better suited to mass murderers and rapists ,

red you are right i have read quite a few of John's posts and the majority are ****** and are just slagging people off with out anything constructive to say. if we went back to the way liverpool played in the 70's and 80's we would not be able to compete. Football has moved on and we must move with it look at Everton they where successful to a point at the same time as us but they never invested in the transfer market like we did. otherwise we could be down the bottom of the table with them.

For all the fantastic ability and the trouphys that Paisly and Shankly won i can only admire and thank them for making this club great but if you where to put them in the hot seat now they would not do as well as they did back then.

I can only say that i was a fan of Houllier and i think he did everything that he could for this club because he loved this club. I wish him well and thank him for the trophys we won under him and the investment in youth that will hopefully bring a new period of Glory to this club,as i hope they will and then we will all have a lot to thank him for.

And Remember GH nearly died for this club you don't get them more passionate than that.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion