TOTTENHAM VS LIVERPOOL - Sun nov 28th 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby rocky29 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:54 pm

bavlondon wrote:Thought we played really well today, didn't deserve to lose. We had the chances to finish the game off too, pity we didn't take them. Overall the only negative was Konchesky. I don't know what Roy sees in him.

hey bav you been on holiday mate?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:01 pm

No i've been too busy with work.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Joeblackisachimp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:14 am

I have no sympathy for the reds. We had plenty of chances to be out of sight.

Torres has a lot of weknesses. he misses easy chances. we should have been 3 up easily. clean through.

how much space and time on goal do our strikers want?
Joeblackisachimp

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:52 am

andy_g wrote:i think mereiles and lucas can hustle and compete just about as well as anyone else, myself.

Fair enough, mate.  :)
LFC2007

Postby mramo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:20 am

andy_g wrote:
mramo wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:SACK ROY NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE !! :angry:

I agree! And get rid of Konchesky too!

Roy needs to go. He is not welcome at Liverpool.

and you pair of moronic fukking ar'seholes can fukk off as well. what more do you want the manager to do? we go away from home, play 442 without gerrard and do enough to deserve to win the game. if our finishing had been slightly better we would have too. there aren't half some prize pr!cks on this place.

You can f uck off an all you daft :censored:.

Fact is we've lost 6 games and it's not December. We are far from qualifying in the champions league under Roy. We play no different since the previous owners f ucked off.

winning games is far more appealing than watching an incredible match that we end up losing. And yet comments go round that we should have gone 3-0 up. We certainly didn't win by that score did we? We lost 2-1! And Roy is simply not delivering. I have been anti-Roy since his arrival for reasons surrounding his credentials, and the direction he is taking us so far and for that reasons my opinions won't change. As long as he is in charge he will never win us silverware! You can cross the fa cup off too after today's draw.
mramo

Postby andy_g » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:24 am

the ridiculous thing is that people are calling for hodgsons head on the back of a game that just about our best away performance for a long, long time. forget the result for a minute and look at the game itself, look at what happened. we went 442 away from home against a team that is bang in form and full of confidence, and we attacked them from the start. if anyone is looking for evidence that there is a positive change in footballing philosophy at the club then surely there is some to be seen there. can anyone imagine benitez setting up the team like that? we made enough chances to win the game too, so its not as if we left ourselves open to be carved apart at will. they won through an own goal and an injury time long ball. if our players had been more confident in front of goal we would have won the game, simple as that.

i'm not trying to defend hodgson at all costs either because i think he still has a lot to prove, but its crazy to use this loss as more ammunition to demand he gets the sack.

as for the FA cup game, well lets just see. and lets try not to be such surrender monkeys too, eh?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:41 am

Andy G hits the nail on the head. Team looked good, more positive and unlucky to lose.

You can cross the fa cup off too after today's draw.

Chin up ffs thats an embarassing thing to post on a Liverpool Forum. Its only 11 vs 11 and there has been far bigger shocks in that competition than what Liverpool winning at Old Trafford would equate to. Leeds beat them on their patch in the 3rd round last season so take a deep breath, step in from the ledge and everything will be alright. :;):
burjennio

Postby andy_g » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:26 am

LFC2007 wrote:
andy_g wrote:i think mereiles and lucas can hustle and compete just about as well as anyone else, myself.

Fair enough, mate.  :)

and don't patronise me you bast'ard  :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:33 pm

OK there seems to be a bit of banter going on which is great!

First off we didn't play as bad as we have most of this season, Maxi Taxi and Torres really should have buried Spurs but their shocking misses cost us dearly.

Second Spurs penalty was a ridiculous decision and the ref was way too trigger happy with the several yellows shown to us, something the FA will obviously not look in to :;):

Third their penalty was ridiculous and Kuyt should have been awarded a clear penalty, once again something the FA will overlook :;):

Fourth as mentioned by some they had enough chances to finish us off as well. So it was quite an even sided game.

Now on to Konchesky, Roy and our squad.

Konchesky much like Roy have been suspects of circumstance, they have landed at a massive club in times of turmoil. They should never have come here and the faster they are gone, the better we will stand a chance of competing for honours once again. Yes Roy seems to be playing his hand better these days then the start of the season, but the way we were playing could we really have gotten any worse rather then any better ???
Torres seems to be in all sorts of trouble, he just isn't the player he was 2/3 seasons ago, either he is still carrying on an injury or just cbf and waiting to get out. We really hope it is not the latter. He has shown flashes of brillance (ie against Chelsea) but much like our squad we need consistency, something which is evident in our fulcrum consisting of Lucas, Kuyt and Meireles who are awesome one minute and painstakingly bad the next. I am still not sold on Egg Noggy and I think his days are numbered once the transfer cavalry arrives next season. He showed nothing today and only seems to play well against the lesser sides in the Europa League. Adding Babel, Poulsen, Jovanovic and an ageing Carragher to that list makes some sorry reading.

Roy's tactics were better today but that is not to say he should keep his job for the near future, there is nothing wrong with posters going on about him being sacked, he just isn't good enough and I really hope that a "good" performace against Spurs doesnt convince you all that he should stay for the long-term. We really need him gone by either Jan or May next year or we really will be in a f**kin quagmire of s**t.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby killerp » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:22 am

Liverpool was strugling all the way through this game & road it's luck all the way until the defence was broken. I had a bad feeling when we scored the first goal that would not be enough. We were never really good enough to win this one.

I hate to sound negative but it looks like an exercise of staying afloat for the rest of the season. Expectations should be pretty low unless you enjoy being disappointed.
killerp

Postby Boocity » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:03 am

eds wrote:Second Spurs penalty was a ridiculous decision and the ref was way too trigger happy with the several yellows shown to us, something the FA will obviously not look in to :;):

Third their penalty was ridiculous and Kuyt should have been awarded a clear penalty, once again something the FA will overlook :;):

I thought the Ref was a disgrace, any 50/50 decision went to spurs, Johnsons booking was a joke and why didn't (was it Hudson) get booked for a blatent dive in the penalty area.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:24 am

The sad thing about the weekend is that it was almost inevitable what would happen. It was bad enough that I was watching the game with two Spurs fans whop were consistently banging on at half time about how Spurs are "a second half team" and how they've come from behind several times this season. As well as we played first half when we should have been out of sight I said to them that if they equalised before 70 minutes they'd go on to win and I was proved right, not due to any great play but because after an equaliser everyone knew we'd get deepere and deeper. That's what did for us in the end. Spurs kept piling forward where as we became more and more reliant on the counter attack. Konchesky's "defending" for the winner was laughable though. Honestly he wouldn't get in my Sunday League team.

On the positive side at least we played two up and had a go. Torres still isn't quite there. There were signs. Those two flicks to put Maxi in were just sublime. However a year ago he would never have taken an extra touch when through twice on goal though. Mereiles was excellent I though and is turning into a very good player. Lucas had another decent game.

Things just didn't go for us. Carra's injury just about sums the season up and then a few moments after the game is finished we go and get United away in the FA cup draw.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games