Liverpool vs Wolves: FA Cup 4th rnd - Sat 28th

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:19 am

aCe' » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:35 am wrote:Easy cowboys, it's only the FA cup. Never want us to lose a game but this squad can't handle more than one competition imo. Win the next couple in the league and that's the cracks papered over nicely.

So what you're saying is not only can we not cope with a european campaign but we can't handle the league cup nor fa cup - but thats ok?

Our squad is so bad we can only focus on the league where we've been beaten by Burnley, Bournemouth and Swansea?

Feck me, not only do we crash out of the domestic cups but folks are willing to make excuses to forgive it!!

We have a full squad just like any other club costing us a lot of money. There's no excuse for our inability to cope with domestic cups as well as the league. Awful.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:52 am

Can't believe how all the plastic fans surfaced to the top in light of these appalling results...calling for Klopp to be sacked you've got to have wires crossed in your head.

All the teams spent big during Summer and FSG spent f*ck all...in fact we were making money from offloading the deadwood. Where are the promised £70M+ war chest promised to Klopp? where have the money from selling players gone to? Why lay all the blame on Klopp and not about FSG not supporting Klopp with transfer funds?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:21 am

Agreed Santa. The over reaction is typical. Before long Klopp will be called a Snake Oil Salesman or a charlatan !!

I honestly think the problem is availability and persuading players to come to Liverpool and not FSG being tight fisted.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:18 am

Fsg didn't pick this team.  Fsg let klopp sort the game plan  . Klopp has one game plan and he's found out.  Is that Fsg fault?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:11 pm

devaney » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:21 pm wrote:Agreed Santa. The over reaction is typical. Before long Klopp will be called a Snake Oil Salesman or a charlatan !!

I honestly think the problem is availability and persuading players to come to Liverpool and not FSG being tight fisted.

WTF are you talking about Dev?

In any walk of life, when things start to go wrong you have to make changes. I'm not going to write for hours teaching you to suck eggs but to play the boys and get battered by Wolves after having just lost two earlier games SHOULD be ringing some feckin' serious alarm bells.

If it doesn't thien folks have got their heads in the sand.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:10 pm

It is more misery to come from the nutcase's NIVEA boys!, the best player was his beloved CB flat foot Klavan .
I have already said that Liverpool be out of all cups by this weekend!, On Tuesday you will witness a master class display by Chelsea the Champion elect, which the Nutcase never dream to have a team like them!, it will be another defeat.

Have everyone noticed that the nutcase pressing play is no longer evident in the past recent games, simply because the nutcase has noticed that his NIVEA boys are melting away, totally drained of any energy due to his training methods!!
He ought be replaced before he cause too much damage like the previous idiot BR! 

A STEADY DECLINE NO THANKS FOR TH NUTCSE
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:30 pm

Let's not over react, our back 4 yesterday was Randall, Klavan, Gomez and Moreno and our midfield had a 17 and 18 year old in it, if it was Clyne, Lovren, Matip and Milner conceding 2 against Wolves then maybe I could understand some of the reaction but once the teamsheets went in this was always going to be close.
Yes Jurgen f***ed up with his team selection and yes it's disappointing to go out of both domestic cup competitions in a week but Jurgen has only been here 12 months and he has got us to 2 finals and another semi so his record in cups is already pretty decent.
Let's regroup and see what happens Tuesday, our best XI beat Arsenal and Chelsea on their own patch and played Spurs off the park at WHL as well, we have also beaten City, Everton and drawn twice with United, in fact but for off side decisions going against us we would have beaten United at Old Trafford and Spurs at WHL too.
We are clearly struggling for consistency and form but we are not s[hit], on our day we can take anyone the cleaners so let's regroup and see what happens over the rest of the season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:03 pm

People will do anything to paper over cracks and paint a pretty picture of where we are right now. They even blame the owners  :no

The situation speaks for itself, we are talking louis van gaal stats with this manager and unless we dig deep in the market it will continue.

Its great we have MANE back but to be fair, this slump started long before he left
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Any team would miss Coutinho and Mane, theres no doubt about that and performance levels would suffer.

However by just how much performances have dropped have been a real eye opener. I mean we still had the likes of Sturridge, Firmino, Lallana, Origi and a not fully up to speed Coutinho out there this month so not exactly down to the bare bones. Those players should be doing better than they have done this month.

I know the pace of Mane helps pin teams back but we look so vulnerable on the counter to.

It will great to have Coutinho and Mane back but think we have a few issues regardless of them being back. Need to work on it
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:59 pm

Ok I'm gonna write something positive here...

I thought Ben Woodburn was a rare spark in the game against Wolves. I thought he was a striker, but his passing was quite classy. He could see the play and he could pick out players from range. When he was moved to the right wing, I thought he was the only player from the original line-up that was showing some creativity. You wonder though what is his natural position. I saw his finishing is quite natural as well. What he lacked to me was intensity and pace...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:09 pm

Yeah he seems promising. I don't also get his position. Seems to prefer right atk mid.
Yup he does lack pace though.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:49 pm

Reg » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:19 am wrote:
aCe' » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:35 am wrote:Easy cowboys, it's only the FA cup. Never want us to lose a game but this squad can't handle more than one competition imo. Win the next couple in the league and that's the cracks papered over nicely.

So what you're saying is not only can we not cope with a european campaign but we can't handle the league cup nor fa cup - but thats ok?

Not sure what you mean by handle, but yes, I dont think we have enough quality players to rotate between competitions while maintaining both our style of play and the quality of personnel on the pitch

Our squad is so bad we can only focus on the league where we've been beaten by Burnley, Bournemouth and Swansea?

Yes, same league we beat the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, and City in. Problem has been wit our recent run and while the results you highlight point to a specific area we need to improve on, they definitely do not represent how this season as a whole has been going for us.

Feck me, not only do we crash out of the domestic cups but folks are willing to make excuses to forgive it!!

No excuses, we risked it in the FA cup by picking an understrength side and prioritizing the league (which for me, is understandable given our resources). Klopp will rightly get criticized for getting it tactically wrong in recent games and for not bringing in reinforcements in the transfer market, no hiding from that and I havent seen any excuses being put out by anyone (besides the odd comment about the owners which is another issue worthy of discussion).

We have a full squad just like any other club costing us a lot of money. There's no excuse for our inability to cope with domestic cups as well as the league. Awful.

True to some extent. We need to sign better players, impact subs, leaders, game changers, etc. but the manager takes responsibility for all of that imo. My point was, and it remains, that this squad is not good enough to compete on multiple fronts. In fact, the squad we have isnt even good enough for a top5 finish in the league. IF we can break into the top4, Klopp should get credit for that.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:18 pm

Yeah I agree it would be a great achievement of we end up top 4.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Top 4 finish this season will be a huge leap compared to previous seasons.
But like many said bigger issue is strengthening our squad for champs league and othet comps next season.
Were talking about quality players and sqaud depth. Were going to need atleast 6-8 players more.
4 have to be quality players who can walk into the main xi. The rest good squad players who can step in when needed. Considering the amount of games we potentially may play, even the squad players will be busy.

With our high intensity footy we can't field our main xi x2 per week.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:54 am

aCe, never in my 50 years of following Liverpool have we NOT not a squad and a first team capable of a serious run at all 3 domestic competitions. That the MANAGER thinks that is not the case is a sad, sad, sad day for this club and it's fans.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... o-12524865

The Reds boss said he feared putting the star forward at risk of injury due to the intensity of the January schedule - and admitted his squad simply doesn’t have enough players yet of Firmino’s quality.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games