TOTTENHAM VS LIVERPOOL - Sun nov 28th 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby burjennio » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:48 pm

Right since no one has manned up and started this thread in full fear of the fact that if we get tanked and Gareth Bale has to have Glen Johnson surgically removed from his back pocket they will never hear the end of it so I, the humble and unassuming Burjennio, have decided that I will put my name to what looks on form to probably be a home win, in the confidence that Rocket Roy and the Away Day Brigade can finally put together a performance to be proud of and give this flash in the pan Spurs outfit a good roasting on their own patch. Heres hoping Bremen can give them a game tomorrow night and soften them up enough for the Axis if Evil Lucas, Poulsen and Merieles to dominate VDV, Modric and whatever one of their 17 defensive midfielders Del Boy Redknapp picks to try to contain our back 8.

I think we can nick this one 2-1 if Roy has the the temerity to actually have a go because the Spurs look alot better going forward than the do defending. Torres gave them a roasting at WHL 2 seasons back and a see no reason he cant again if we push more than a single Red shirt within 60yds of him. Its going to take a hell of a containing job on their central midfield but Lucas gets about so much at the minute I think there may actually be 3 of him which is handy because Poulsen gets about like hes been cryogenically frozen.

So to summarize - we may not be favourites, we could end up getting a bit of a roasting if events conspire against us but dammit I believe we can do it, so lets go to London and hit them like a combination of the Luftwaffe and the big space ships from Independence Day.

C'MON YOU REDS
burjennio

Postby Fauxy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:30 pm

2-0 to the reds :)

Easy
Fauxy

Postby Dundalk » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Garth Bale is better then Messi, Ronaldo, Maradona and Pele.

FACT
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:50 pm

Dundalk wrote:Garth Bale is better then Messi, Ronaldo, Maradona and Pele.

FACT

Garth Bale?
Friend of Waynes?

Party on Dundalk  :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:58 pm

burjennio wrote:Right since no one has manned up and started this thread in full fear of the fact that if we get tanked and Gareth Bale has to have Glen Johnson surgically removed from his back pocket they will never hear the end of it so I, the humble and unassuming Burjennio, have decided that I will put my name to what looks on form to probably be a home win, in the confidence that Rocket Roy and the Away Day Brigade can finally put together a performance to be proud of and give this flash in the pan Spurs outfit a good roasting on their own patch. Heres hoping Bremen can give them a game tomorrow night and soften them up enough for the Axis if Evil Lucas, Poulsen and Merieles to dominate VDV, Modric and whatever one of their 17 defensive midfielders Del Boy Redknapp picks to try to contain our back 8.

I think we can nick this one 2-1 if Roy has the the temerity to actually have a go because the Spurs look alot better going forward than the do defending. Torres gave them a roasting at WHL 2 seasons back and a see no reason he cant again if we push more than a single Red shirt within 60yds of him. Its going to take a hell of a containing job on their central midfield but Lucas gets about so much at the minute I think there may actually be 3 of him which is handy because Poulsen gets about like hes been cryogenically frozen.

So to summarize - we may not be favourites, we could end up getting a bit of a roasting if events conspire against us but dammit I believe we can do it, so lets go to London and hit them like a combination of the Luftwaffe and the big space ships from Independence Day.

C'MON YOU REDS

Cracking thread starter Burj Lad ,especially the bit about Poulson being cryogenically frozen ...that had me creased  :laugh:
Cmon the Red Men
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:05 pm

This is not meant as a means of thwarting Bale but the best formation on the right I believe will give us the best chance vs. Spuds on Sunday - Johnson (RM) playing in front of Kelly (RB) in a 4-5-1 with Lucas, Meireles in CM and Maxi advanced playing off of Torres. I would also welcome Jovanovic back at LM.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:11 pm

I agree. The only way we will aviod losing to Bale is if we play the following formation.

Reina

Carragher     Skrtel     Kyrgiakos    Konchesky
Kelly
Johnson       Lucas       Poulsen      Aurelio
Kuyt
Eagle

Postby burjennio » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:11 pm

FACT

Gareth Bale is actually the result of a secret cloning procedure that the Nazis begin in the 2nd world war to create a race of supersoldiers by combining the hard working mentality and unassuming nature of a Welsh Farmboy with the speed, strength and intelligence of a wild chimpanzee.

burjennio

Postby Red-er-Dare » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:17 am

With Christmas around the corner [personally] I'd like to see Roy starting to reverse his 'horrible' away stat. If he wants to be here for a duration of time with purpose added to it, he has to start becoming flexible with his approach to these kind of away games. His stat of away wins or lack of won't be tolerated at a club like Liverpool for too much longer.

I don't think he's the right man myself but I've personally afforded him until Christmas to prove me wrong and the jury is still out. With our results as they are currently, had our performances been more positive I would have stuck my neck on the line and given him a full vote of confidence.

Still, Spurs away will be a real acid test for him and for this fixture I think Martin Kelly should come in at RB with Johnson at RM pushing Gale back and giving monkey boy something to think about defensively. If we go there and sit like we did against Stoke we'll probably get battered which will really test my patience with Roy and his brand of football.

------------------------ Reina

Kelly      Carragher   Skertel      Aurelio

Johnson     Lucas      Merieles        Cole

Kuyt         Torres
Red-er-Dare

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:12 am

Bale and VDV are apparently not 100% fit :buttrock they have shoulder and ankle injuries respectively and may miss the match against Bremen. Defoe is back in contention though.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:10 am

If we sit deep,  3-0 to Spurs.

If we press and play some football, 3-2 Liverpool
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:00 am

FACT

Gareth ain't no Christian so he is going to getted spanked by fire breathing dragons, psycho killers, the joker and some guy who walks across the set talking.......................and Liverpool Football club

2-0 to Reds, time we got rid of this new world order and put things right.
Us at the top and flaming pile of Hotspur languishing mid table dreaming of a UEFA place
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:33 am

A very tricky match this, I would like to see Lucas back into the side, we need to keep an industrious midfield in order to break up Spur's plays and keep them from creating clear cut chances. I really hope they will beat Bremen, then they will have this Champions League hangover, which would make it easier for us to beat them.

I can't see a win though, 1-1 or 2-2 for me, we can't push our defensive line in this one, we will get punished for it.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:24 pm

Im scared, Bale and VDV will scare the :censored: out of us, I reckon someone will get sent off - Carra or Skrtel.

1-1
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:50 pm

Surely we have to go and muller this bunch of wazzocks? I fu'ckin hate Spurs, always have, always will. The football equivalent of Craig David...there and thereabout, not offending anyone, but not doing anything worthwhile in the process.....fuc'kin hate em and would love to see em hauled over the coals this weekend. Best bit of TV ever to see that jug eared crisp selling c*nt Vanillekers face sitting opposite Hansen and Lawro.......come on boys...get the pride back, go kill these mediocre midtable pr1cks and show em what a real team, with real fight is all about.

Up the reds....the future begins here.
Homebooby

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games