LIVERPOOL v tottenham Thur 28th Jan 8.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:56 am

That was a really good performance, Spurs away isn’t an easy fixture, granted we rode our luck a bit in the first 20 minutes but after that I thought we were completely in control.
I think one of the reasons for our recent bad run was that we had 8 or 9 players all out of form at the same time but a fair few of them are starting to look much more like their old selves again, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread you could see signs that things were starting to change in the United game.
Make no mistake our backs were against the wall tonight, it was do or die and the players responded magnificently.

P.S Just heard that Matip has done his ankle ligaments and will be out for the rest of the season, surely we’ll bring someone in on loan?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:04 am

Really hope that turns out not to be true Yakka. A massive blow if its true. Its bad only having him the odd game but awful if we don't have him for any.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:16 am

Honestly, that fella should be boiled down for glue. Terrible lack of loyalty perhaps to a LFC player but if you cannot rely on a guy for more than 90 mins or less at a time then from a purely business point of view, you have to get rid. I like him when he does play, don't get me wrong, but this has been the case with Matip for a couple of years now. Terrible to say but I 'almost' wish we still had Lovren...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:48 am

Bungle, remember that game when we were 3-0 up with Lovren and Skittle at the back and we drew 3-3? Careful what you wish for.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:18 pm

Bringing in a CB isn’t guaranteed to solve our problems (will he adapt, avoid injury etc.), but not sanctioning a transfer would be totally illogical and tbh, disrespectful towards the manager and players who work their asses off and need all the help they can get at this stage of the season.

edit: Subotic apparently available on a free...looks like the matip injury forced our their hand
Franky000

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:27 pm

Reg » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:48 am wrote:Bungle, remember that game when we were 3-0 up with Lovren and Skittle at the back and we drew 3-3? Careful what you wish for.....

I did say 'almost'...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games