TOTTENHAM VS LIVERPOOL - Sun nov 28th 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:07 pm

damjan193 wrote:Tottenham had a better game, but we should have got atleast a point. They missed alot more chances than we did (though we missed a few 100% chances). Torres, Maxi, Lucas, Meireles and Carragher had a great game, Kuyt should have done better. Even though we played a good game in general, it means nothing as it looks like we're only good enough for mid table.

Tottenham didn't have a better game, they only had better players in the final third and had players who are quick and creative.

We didn't
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Defoe didnt score, Johnson was very good defensively, he kept the form player in the world at bay for the most part, it was a penalty, he had both his arms up, face or not, penalty, Kuyt was taken down,but defo not a stonewall.

I agree Miereles shouldnt have been booked however, and its interesting the differing viewpoints to be honest, Im not slagging you off, but I disagree with 95 % of that post, just shows how vast the opinion is on here.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:19 pm

who are you slagging off? :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:29 pm

I absolutely fukkin hate Spurs.
LFC2007

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Didn't deserve to lose that game , prob didn't deserve to win it as well . Played well , good set up and good tactics . Poor finishing and poor positioning from Konchesky once again cost us a well deserved point . That was a big kick in the stomach .
Benny The Noon

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Absolutly gutted . just gutted , Best performance so far this season . Meireles was boss today
Martin Atkinson worse refereeing ive seen in years, How much did twitchy eye give you, you dirty corrupt bast.ard .

Konchesky fuc.k off ,

feel sick havin to put up with listening to him all night now ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:05 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Absolutly gutted . just gutted , Best performance so far this season . Meireles was boss today
Martin Atkinson worse refereeing ive seen in years, How much did twitchy eye give you, you dirty corrupt bast.ard .

Konchesky fuc.k off ,

feel sick havin to put up with listening to him all night now ,

im surrounded by spurs too nan, not as closely as you, but lets say the phone has been set to mute. Luckily some of them actually know something about football and are just saying what an awesoem game it was... which it was...

totally gutted, it makes it worse that it could have been ours. If we had just been sh!te i could have handled it somehow... oh well
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:14 pm

An improved effort no doubt about it but the reality is we lack numbers and quality at the back and in the final third to make any real impression on the top 4 these days. Spurs on the other hand a huge group of players can sit Defoe and Pavlyachenko on the bench. It was a kick in the teeth but despite the chances we missed there was as many if not more missed and kicked off the line at our end. Your talking 2 or 3 in for starters just to get us moving in the right direction and that again in the summer to start having a reasonable shot at the top 4. Whether thats with this manager or another I dont really care so long as we get it right and can start going into these matches knowing we have a decent chance of winning instead of just hoping lady luck is on our side. Its hard to take the knocks but January is the beginning of a long rebuild job for us and we cant afford to mess up in the transfer market.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Dundalk wrote:I thought we were fantastic today, Roy set the team up really well and we should have been 3 up at half time, Maxi, Lucas and Raul were fantastic. We set up 442 away from home against arguably the most attacking team in the prem.

We were unlucky in the end and on another day we would have won it. Well done Roy and well done Liverpool,

Pretty much sums it up. We played very well, we created chances, but we rode our luck a lot as well. On another day torres and maxi would have stuck those chances away and we would have been sailing.

Just wasnt to be, but well done to the boys and roy, show some true liverpool today imo. One of those days where a loss hurts but not too greatly.

But FU fa cup lol
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Own goal aside, Skrtel dealt with Crouch for most of the game and was probably our best defender. Carragher did the ugly stuff well but as we all know now, he doesn't have the legs to keep up with players like Modric and Defoe (that's why he got the yellow). Konchesky and to a leser extent, Johnson, were our main weaknesses in defence, I thought, but more broadly speaking the whole backline just isn't flexible enough for my liking and was always going to face real difficulty stopping such a mobile and skillful attack as Spurs have. That's a weakness evident in the midfield as well, I think. Maxi, Meireles, Kuyt and Lucas as a collective don't possess enough pace/power.strength etc.. to compete for the ball and shut down the attack. Physicality isnt the be all and end all in football but the Premier League does demand more of teams in that respect than most of leagues. Today, for example, I saw Assou-Ekotto just ease past Kuyt with a simple burst of pace to open up a lot of midfield options, and similarly when Modric ran through for the equaliser, it was initially Lucas, but then Carra and Johnson who couldn't get near him.
LFC2007

Postby andy_g » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:48 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Maxi, Meireles, Kuyt and Lucas as a collective don't possess enough pace/power.strength etc.. to compete for the ball and shut down the attack. Physicality isnt the be all and end all in football but the Premier League does demand more of teams in that respect than most of leagues. Today, for example, I saw Assou-Ekotto just ease past Kuyt with a simple burst of pace to open up a lot of midfield options, and similarly when Modric ran through for the equaliser, it was initially Lucas, but then Carra and Johnson who couldn't get near him.

i think mereiles and lucas can hustle and compete just about as well as anyone else, myself. the fact that modric burst past them in this game doesn't really show up any glaring and general weakness. players burst past players from time to time - hell, i've even seen maxi and lucas do some bursting past themselves from time to time this season. a quality player like modric is always going to do it once or twice in most games.

what we don't have with gerrard out of the team is someone that can suddenly change gear and put in a burst of speed to cut out danger. its something mascherano was very good at as well, so there probably is a weakness in that respect.

i feel i've probably contradicted myself here in some way but who cares... its been a long and testing day.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Our best away performance of the season by a landslide cant fault the manager for tactics or the formation ,however I hope he seriously takes into account that Konchesky isn't fit enough to be a ball boy let alone our first choice LB ....cant believe the misses Torres and Maxi racked up between them .... Skrtel was the main man Today just shades it from Meireles although I thought Lucas done all the dirty work in midfield ,Meireles was brilliant  finding the space for a pass .... we need some new additions in January but if we play in the same manner as we did earlier then we wont be too far short of having a very good team once more ..... all that taken into account its now 5 away losses and 6 overall for the season ....its not conducive with a team that has  Champions League expectations ..... if the manager had set the team up similar to the Spurs game earlier in any of our away games   then he would have had a lot more points and a lot more fans in the pro camp
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Thought we played really well today, didn't deserve to lose. We had the chances to finish the game off too, pity we didn't take them. Overall the only negative was Konchesky. I don't know what Roy sees in him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:42 pm

bavlondon wrote:Thought we played really well today, didn't deserve to lose. We had the chances to finish the game off too, pity we didn't take them. Overall the only negative was Konchesky. I don't know what Roy sees in him.

:laugh:
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:45 pm

rocky29 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Thought we played really well today, didn't deserve to lose. We had the chances to finish the game off too, pity we didn't take them. Overall the only negative was Konchesky. I don't know what Roy sees in him.

:laugh:

Isn't that clever Rocky... you learned to use a new emotion.  :laugh:

Good lad

Next time you may want to try giving a bit more of an explanation.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games